1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

sustainable party on macro

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by BISTABIL, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Bistabil

Bistabil User

Hello,

I am creating a low level party, starting at 85lvl (initial Paulina's gear), to use them to farm as much as possible on macro.
    I am not planning to use L2 store.

What would be a decent/working setup that would be possible to deliver in the long run and what are the zones I should focus on, on different levels?

My first idea is to make.

1. Phoenix Knight
    2. Eva's Saint
    3. Sword Muse
    4. Hierophant
    5. Mystic Muse
    6. Mystic Muse
    7. Fortune Seeker

For Harnak AoE I need at least tank, healer and buffer.
    I don't see an option without 2 buffers because of macro command number limitation.
    Even with combo buffs on level 101 or 103 (can't remember) I wouldn't be able to buff everyone.
    Can't remove spoiler because it would increase my profits by order of magnitude.
    I am planning to reinvest everything this party makes in gearing party members (any idea about priority?).

I am not sure what would be best nuker and buffer duos for my setup so that's where someone of you could give me a hint. Same goes for specific tank, healer class.

I've started with Harnak but is there a more suitable place for full party?
    What about higher level areas once I reach certain level?
    Do you see show stopper problem preventing this party to sustain itself in the long run?

Yesterday, I did a test run with only 4 chars (tank, healer, buffer, nuker) and in Harnak 3 they failed in that 5 minutes period when stronger mobs appeared.
    I am not sure if second nuker would be sufficient to clean them but I will try.
    Healer would be able to keep tank alive but he would run out of mana if I would do more agressive healing macro so this is a place for optimization.
    Do you have any tips regarding healer's macro?

You might not be give great answers to all/any of these questions so, if possible, please restrain yourself from commenting something you have not tried yourself in practice.

I know there are a quite few hardcore players here who own the forbidden ancient knowledge. Do you mind sharing it?

2. Bistabil

Bistabil User

I've got a suggestion to go with sph instead of sps because of stun so I did it.
    In Harnak 1, my boxes leveled 1 level in around 10 hours.
    Drops are low there.
    I am checking LoA now.
    Someone told me fairy settlement could be good.
    Will see about that.
    Going to pavel ruins would be waste of time due to it being crowded and it's time consuming to restart whole party after it's pked.

3. Bistabil

Bistabil User

So far, so good.
    Whole party is 90-91lv and I went to Stronghold 3 where I am getting more than 2x (xp) what I was getting in Harnak 3.
    I hope to reach 95 until next maintenance.
    Also, I've failed to farm in SOA with this paulina gear.
    Those elite mobs just hit too hard with AoE.

[​IMG]

I think I will use dominator as 8th character.
    Too bad I've ran out of references to elementary units of metric system so I will have to make an exception with 8th member of the gang.
    Hoping there will be some areas I will be able to farm 24/7 after lv99 without investing anything else into the gear except what I get while leveling.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  4. Palkah

Palkah User

You can always use a derived unit like Sievert or Radian to be fancy, actually Radian sounds fun for an iss that has https://l2wiki.com/Radiant_Crash_-_Iss_Dominator

5. MaCrOsS46RR

MaCrOsS46RR User

Now ...
    U dont want use L2 Store but yes u can take PA on 6/7 Acc ?

6. 21Sav

21Sav User

If he is able to set the party right, 60e in PA (even less if paid for more than 1 month at a time or/and bought on promo) will be way cheaper than l2store :)

7. Mapku3a1

Mapku3a1 User

thats why eu servers cant survive)))need more trains on social game xD

8. Bistabil

Bistabil User

Initially I bought 3 PA's because I am using 4 machines in this setup.
    Then I bought 4th to be able to add dominator.
    At the end I felt weak in this promo period and bought PA's for all accounts.
    I wouldn't buy any PA if I was not forced to do it just to run additional boxes.
    At the end I bought for all because having half of the party level up 2x faster would be annoying.
    Dec 13, 2018
    To some introverts, this kind of social gameplay is actually fun.
    Dec 13, 2018
    It's hard to compare L2Store and PA due to different things being offered.
    In this experiment I just want to be allowed to box full party and in my case it's more practical to do it by buying PA's.
    If I had 8 PC's instead of 4 and a bigger monitor (this one is 43'') that would allow me to connect simultaneously all of the extra machines, I would go without PA's.
    And yes, promo was so tempting that now I might check this thread time to time at least 6 more months :)

Dec 13, 2018
    For some reason I went with Newton.
    I know I was choosing the name for more than an hour but right now I can't recall what made me to go with this one.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  9. Bistabil

Bistabil User

It seems that party will hit the wall soon.
    Chars are 96-97 but they won't get gear upgrade any time soon.

They made no more than 500m total while leveling.
    Armor/weapon parts were sold in grocery.
    Got several immortal armor drops back when I was farming in Harnak and they are slowly being sold in AH.

Still leveling in SH3 because I don't have puller for Silent Valley.
    I've also tried Dessert Quarry where I actually can survive but because of low dps, SH3 was still better option.
    In Guillotine I was dying sometimes so I failed to make it stable (last time tried, on 95lv).
    Drops were better but one night whole party died one hour after I went to sleep.
    One more area I've tried where I failed to survive was Pagan Temple.
    In 2 weeks I expect them to reach 99 if I continue SH3.

Then I will try LoC or even Rafinery but Paulina's Dynasty gear with 150att just won't do it so I will start leveling 2 more nukers.
    One will replace hierophant since I will have dominator for sonatas, melodies, and other will replace spoiler because I guess he could spoil outside of party safely since healer is spamming progressive.

With 4 feohs I hope to have enough of dps to farm single spot in one of those two areas.
    Later, when feohs mature, I might replace one with puller but I think I am months away from this unless I interfere and speed-up gearing by injecting euros which I prefer not to.

10. Notic

Notic User

Don't forget the quests. With 7 chars you should get something close to 1b after completing them all (fortuna, octavis, balok, tauti etc)

For Guiliotine and Pagan you need higher lvl, it makes a huge difference.

what equipment do you focus now on?

11. Bistabil

Bistabil User

You are right, I might do few instances.
    So far I've done none.

I think I will invest first 5b (when I make them) into tank's armor - twilight heavy +10 or maybe save few more for seraph.
    Investing same amount to one of the feohs wouldn't boost overall dps by much and until I get to 103+, keeping tank alive will most likely be biggest challenge.

12. mYzor

mYzor User

You should still keep in mind that one of the biggest reasons for parties getting wiped out is lack of damage by the DDs.
    Your tank might survive well enough with a +8 set, if the DD's (with better/higher damage) kill everything quick enough to not be overwhelmed.

13. Bistabil

Bistabil User

Well, I won't use puller (at least not for now) to get additional mobs.

If 4 feohs spamming AoE stun can't control those mobs then, yes, I am screwed.

If these stuns are working on higher levels, then my biggest concern is not to be one-shot.

14. Notic

Notic User

Wrong the reason they get wiped out is they pull more than they can tank. You can pull as many as you can tank not as many you can kill. And for afk macro surviving is the key

15. zauliuz

zauliuz User

welcome to l2 chronicle where without spending $$$ you can't achieve anything. no drops, no adena drops, no income unless you have tons of zaken/freya chars (+ only if you doing them alone), and train in pavel ruins at least for 1 or 2 months, after that you can get some adena to get +8 tw gear.

16. mYzor

mYzor User

My post was just a simple sugestion/reminder for the OP to not forget the offensive part of the "investment" as i feel like killing your targets fast is a part of an efficient farm.
    Btw, absolutes are bad. I said it was one of the biggest reasons, not the only one.

PS: Speaking of pulling, it would be nice for someone to kindly ask NCSoft to "adjust" the distance mobs can be pulled (on some places atleast) since it *****. The whole, "I crossed the border, you cant damage me! Im immune!" is BS

17. Notic

Notic User

Damage is about making it efficient while tank is "making it" as well as making it more efficient :) And especially for afk macro. To make aoe the most effective you need as many mobs as you can then damage.

18. Bistabil

Bistabil User

2 and half months later:
    iss dominator 99 x2
    iss sws 99
    spoiler 97
    tank 99
    healer 99
    feoh sts 103 x2
    feoh sts 101

I was leveling inside S3 until 99 because I couldn't manage other zones safely with just paulina's gear.
    Even on 99 GC upper macro with only paulina's gear was quite unstable so I've realized I would stuck in SH3 for very long time.
    I think I could make it more stable because I didn't optimize few things I've learned during all this time.
    In SH3 I've got multiple full drops which was enough for spiritshots but since I was clearing the room so fast, I ended up not using spiritshots altogether.
    It was awesome thing to have 10 boxes while that "freya sticks" event was on so I've managed to profit around 10b which together with some adena I made during leveling was enough for me to buy tw +10 set for the tank and two +6 300att retributers for my feohs.
    After tank got the set, leveling in GC was more stable but still i would occasionally die but I've continued leveling in GC after I did few tweaks to my macros.
    When I did some projections showing I would need few months of 24/7 to reach 103+ on all chars in GC upper (assuming current pace) I felt desperate so I've sold some items from my main (~30b) and bought upgrade for one of the feohs.
    Now my strongest feoh have +10 pve retributer and tw robe +10, sapphire 3, opal 4, diamond 3, blue 3, +9 int, +10% mattack accessory, istina ring, istina necklace, aq soul ring.
    Also, I've leveled my feohs outside of party in GC while tank was training mobs and in atelia parties when I was home and I used all boosts I could get.
    Of course if there were no double xp event I would probably still have all feohs at lv~100.
    By injecting 30b the way I did, I've destroyed my original idea of making chars work for their gear and I think without doing this I would'd be able to get to 103 on feohs.
    Since we have these events relatively often I guess in practice its possible to reach 100+ with their help but still it's incredibly slow progress.

Getting to 103 until now would be mission impossible for sure because I wouldn't:
    1. be able to get in atelia party with S grade newbie gear
    2. I wouldnt use xp boosts while being on afk macro

Right now, I am trying to get 3rd feoh to 103 in attempt to conquer one room in rafinery but I am not sure if I will succeed even if other two feohs get the same items because my dps still feels low. Also, I might try getting some adena from LoC.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  19. Notic

Notic User

How much adena you made in total without freya event? Do you run kartia balok and baylor kama for exp?

20. Bistabil

Bistabil User

I've made around 1b from drops.
    Did 0 instances.