1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Why the PK issue is not good for anyone except RMT-ers

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by MaoMao, Mar 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Do you remember when people got punished for doing things a certain way, like double cele in Olympiad? Or dragging the mercenary captain in fort siege at the spawn point... It wasn't how it was intended to work.
    Well, it seems the PK bug is normal game mechanics and its benefits are completely legal for those that use it. It was obviously intended to work that way.
    Now, let's review a few points people make for the fact that is a good thing and comment a bit about each.

1. We don't need bots on the server, this helps the community get rid of them.

Last time I checked, bot banning was a thing for the GMs, and thank goodness, there is a lot to do in that area, everyone who visited fairies, to name just a place, knows what I am talking about. But, let's suppose that players should punish bots by destroying and stealing their items, let us suppose they can make a difference between bots and macro users, does this help the community? Will people stop using a game feature? How many people left an already dwindling community for it? "We don't need macro users and crybabies!" Fine, then, grow up and get a life, let people that like L2 enjoy it. If the purpose is to chase players away, then this is working, but what if it is not? Does Innova agree with a militia policing the server? Judging by the general attitude (threats of ban for people that open the subject) it would appear so.

2. This will force people replace the lost items, so there will be more L2Store sales, yay!

Um... Not really.
    What will happen with those items? They will be sold, indeed, but that adena (or the items directly, albeit that is really rare these days) will go to the adena traders, AKA, RMT-ers, ebayers, etc. It wont be Innova making money, but the people which do the policing for them. Does it replace GM work? I doubt.
    Yes, I know the other point you would make, there will be many items destroyed in the process, therefore a need for L2Store overall.
    Um... really?
    The money that people put in game are not a question of how much they want, but of how much they can afford. This "produces" a certain amount of L2Store goodies in game because drops no longer work for many years, as we all know. There is also a certain need of those products depending on server population and other factors, but that will not drive an increase of sales in L2Store, will simply increase the adena price for those items on the market and that will balance out in the end. Besides, the people which were the victim of these "game mechanics as intended" and their righteous vigilante (ab)users will not really look to replace them, but will quit in majority, because you cannot expect someone with a job and kids to spend 10 hours a day to do factions. And, guess what, those are the people likely to use L2Store, not the RMT kids which "police" the server.

3. We think this should not be in the game, it was introduced so the koreans spend more time outside towns, as their pay model is different, it should not apply to EU servers, therefore we need to discourage people from using it. We clearly stated from the beginning we are not responsible for lost items, etc.

Nope, that is wrong, if you wish to force people to farm factions manually, fine, remove the macro feature entirely, not leave it there as a trap in the hope sales will increase, because they won't and it is really a stress for people. Make it plain and simple as it was, force people to pay bot makers, then ban bots, it will probably bring less damage and more sales. I really didn't like it when it was introduced and I don't have many more reasons to like it today, however, the current approach is unlikely to work and penalizes exactly the golden geese while rewarding the RMT-ers, shooting yourself in the foot, big time. Nobody says GMs are responsible for this, nor that people which lost items should get them back, but that people which use this "game mechanics" should be punished for it. It is hard to find RMT-ers? You have a big red flag about whom to investigate, right there.

4. This is game mechanics, it was supposed to work that way, nobody will penalize people for PvP.

Right... Does anyone over 8 think the same? I doubt.
    But let's suppose that you do and the ancient dark art of logic is not completely lost for you, let's ask ourselves, why these efforts to patch it, the option to select only monster, the fixing of many AoE loopholes which allowed for "PvP" when a stacked ebayer came to PK a poor AoE guy in fairies in impunity (not a bot, just a regular guy which was losing his place because the bot train driver needed it)? Those things were abused for years and were only fixed when the PK bug appeared. Why do you think was that? Because the PK bug is working as intended? That macro users are supposed to become PK (and it can happen even if you don't use macro, if RMT-ers are quick enough, can jump on you in atelia refinery while you level and have a chat with clannies simply pushing buttons, not even using macro, not to mention AFK). It is true it does not really happen, but it could...
    Was it supposed to work that way? Game mechanics? Well, if you have a brain, you know the answer to this one.

We can only hope that one day the koreans will no longer let targetted AoE hit red char, because, if you are after those, you are clearly doing it wrongly, you would want to target them, not the monsters around which could help in the hunt, but it might be too late by then. I think we need action now, while there are still people on the server. Fixing the door after the golden geese flew away wont help Innova, wont help the RMT-ers, won't help GMs.

And, yeah, go ahead and ban me for opening this thread. I left by my own at the first threat the clan leaders council, if you wish to stop me from posting here or block me from the game completely, there is no real need for that, a simple direct threat, warning, whatever you call it will suffice.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    iEmily, obli_ and Jintxa like this.
  2. zauliuz

zauliuz User

do you think anyone cares about this wall of text?

3. Jintxa

Jintxa User

Well, I do care because it says many truths. I am one of those people with children and 10 hours of work who can not afford to play 20 hours a day to get to be 110. And I agree that if you accept to use the macro you protect the one who does it against that **** from the pk (totally in agreement with that point) and wi it is not allowed that all those that use it are punished (totally in agreement with that also). My opinion is that the macros have done more harm than good but it is an option that is there, things that make you suspect until the moment that there is more than one involved in the matter of the pk because no pt top server has lost any item . Surely if some dragon weapon had been lost in this way we would not be talking about this since innova would have put a solution already.
    The biggest problem that only affects certain people (a very suspicious thing because the team of top people we all know spend 24/7 in macro is much more valuable) has repercussions in that these people have been able to climb to 110 without any kind of problem while the players are going to call means they walk by the 107 -108 maximum and the more occasional players like me by the 106-107. With this difference of lvl plus the equipment ..... Even it is strange that there is no pvp?
    Every day the step is bigger and bigger and the players like me every day leave before. In the end this will end with the average and occasional players playing and enjoying the game as they can and when any pt of the untouchables appears, everyone will throw pr and something else. The only pvp that can find those top 110 or more with the whole team are the pvp that play between them in the coliseum and when they see that they have thousands of euros in team for nothing because there are no rivals no competition in short, no people playing will also go. There are already many top that have gone and those have marked the way sooner or later this will be a desert. True and sad story.
    In fact in the last video of takanodan is appreciated. A party with thousands and thousands and thousands of euros in equipment for ... how much? 3 minutes of pvp every 15 days? XD XD is that it's kind of ridiculous.

4. panini

panini User

tldr.
    i smell it was lot of qq about macro and ppl who dont let you to be on afk macro.
    sad story, and noone care about it.
    if you would be smart, you could do that against another lazy *** and easy money. but here we are, way better to qq at forum. gj

5. NiNeTT

NiNeTT User

Pk good for rmt? Why?
    I think is the opposite the rmt are that who are 24/7 afk on macro that dont even plan to play this game.
    @Jintxa i cant play more than 4h during week , and i dont put macro anywhere + im more than 108 lvl so its posible if you find the proper way and the proper ppl

6. Jintxa

Jintxa User

Maybe it's something like that, but basically with the time I have I do the basics, helios etina and for a while SoS or elven but I do not see the xp upload XD and know that there are already 110 people ... it lowers your moral

7. NiNeTT

NiNeTT User

Instances are for solo ppl , only worth if you will do helios solo in less than 5 min or if you dont have gear or cp.
    2, 3 h of xp each day w/o any rune took me 3 months to made 30% at 107 , and for example lanz made that 30% in one day of x2 xp.
    Dont do instances you have +17 bloody caster , if you play 2h go 2h to elven or sos and will be more xp and more adena than any instance

zauliuz likes this.
  8. mYzor

mYzor User

There was a time at NCWest's forum (the old one) when people used to complain about not having enough hours in a day to play the game and be on top.
    (some of those people were people that got caught botting and found it unfair to be banned.)

The macro system will never let you catch up to anyone but those that are not playing. Its all an illusion of making progress. You're making progress in the never ending game of catching up.
    If the Macro system (and every automated system) got "bugged" or removed, i wonder how many people would drop this game. It makes one wonder why are people playing Lineage 2..

9. Jintxa

Jintxa User

Yes, if they are basically 5 minutes but go 30% in a day? sure that something more than 2h was XD. I recognize that the pt with which I play has its shortcomings but that I am 106 almost 107 and your 108 that is an acceptable difference but against the 110 it becomes impossible:D
    And that I do not understand either, I do not know what they do in macro afk and playing fornite. That's why I said that they have done more harm than good, I imagine they were created as a faction help mode or something like that and in the end the players ended up perverting everything. If there were no macros they should be in bot and banned or they would be like all mortals 106- 107- 108 lvl.:p

10. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Well if you look at people who are scamming:
    • The one that quite 1 year ago
    • The one that is 111 or maybe even 112
    • The one that claims that plays 4hour/week
    That says a lot.

11. NiNeTT

NiNeTT User

on old l2 you die you drop , drop is not scam sorry for that D:

4h each day during week mb like that you undertand better

you are or "were" on macro on sos with 2 groups ( not even 2 full groups) of moobs in sos during x2 xp untill en let you , that is much better no? macro afk and enjoy the game , you will quit before me be sure D:

12. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Who said I enjoy. That is gone since at least 1 year. But it does not mean that I should go and scam everyone right and left.
    And I was there before, during and after double xp, not coz I need it or I like it - simply because there is nothing else to do here.

13. goduole

goduole User

So the logic is to force ppl go pk mode to drop items, but its count not a scam :D :D damn syro, even sleneiia didint went to that level :s its wont change nothing in server cuz top players continue to farm and rest just log off when sleep. They crying about no ppls in server, but punishing who are still trying here, ty :D

14. CharlyO

CharlyO User

I like game on macro mode whats the problem girls??
    I will do whatever i want girls and i will play this stupid game only on macro.
    If macro is illegal remove it for all.
    If macro is legal ban pk bug abusers.
    We all know innova supports pk abusers and i think they are behind this.

iEmily likes this.
  15. NiNeTT

NiNeTT User

if you like macro and play afk deal with what can happend

16. CharlyO

CharlyO User

Ofc macro forever bro
    Mar 9, 2019
    Remove macro to see adena price and how many players are on this dead server

17. Arrow1

Arrow1 User

Enjoy "top" players scamming for few KK :D

Attached Files:

18. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I never enjoyed macro and I was aghast when they were introduced. I left NCWest because of bots and now it was legalized.

My point is this, if it was not clear enough so far: IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO WORK THIS WAY! ALL CLAIMS ABOUT THE CONTRARY ARE MOTIVATED BY GREED AND ARE PLAIN LIES WHICH HELP NOONE.

This is the truth we all know, the koreans didn't intend to put a trap in the game, they fixed a lot of things, but there are still problems. Innova claiming "works as intended", "normal game mechanics", "PvP" and all that BS is just that.

DISCLAIMER: I never lost an item, the bug users don't care about poor people, they scam only rich donours or other RMTers, but lost at least 3 clannies because of it. Innova may gloat about losing "idiots" that don't pay their "fair share", but those were pretty big spenders, ALL OF THEM, neither of which left because of a glove or a ring, but because this is tolerated and from my point of view appears to be even encouraged.

Yes, they do not scam PvE people like us, normally, of course Innova wouldn't care about us, I never expected otherwise, but from time to time rich people join us for relaxed PvE, buy good gear and help their clannies. They are rare people in this game, losing each was a big blow and I am sure Innova does not realize yet they lose potential L2Store users, if not actual users and get to keep the RMTers which are actually getting rich at their expense or poor people like us which are either very careful or not worth to be scammed. I hope I have explained it clearly enough so even they can understand why this is not in their interest and it will never be.

iEmily likes this.
  19. iEmily

iEmily User

This is killing server! Why nobody cares about it? Innova workers don't care about our server or our efforts? We are playing at this server from the beginning. We loved this server because when a player had a problem , innova staff always helped us. Now nobody cares about problem of players.
    Please put some lines to Lineage2 Violations and Penalties.
    You can add/change line 6.2 of Lineage 2 Violations & Penalties like : "Using in-game mechanics to force , making afk macro players to be pk is not allowed. Use of pk bug ,game errors to take in-game advantage, except getting in-game Items Penalty is : From warning to permanent character/game account blocking

Or

You can see people continue to leave server one by one because of that bug... sorry in-game mechanics...

Insufflator likes this.
  20. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Who ever says: Scammers attack only rich people - you are wrong... I heard Syra last night went for people with +8-+10 TW sets and straight added them to AH. Hope will enjoy the fortune.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.