1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Looking for pk "mechanism"guide

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by CharlyO, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlyO

CharlyO User

If pk mechanism is legal can anyone post a guide how to use it?
    I think everyone must know something that is legal!!
    Ty

2. TheDeathAngel

TheDeathAngel User

It is the same as every other issue. Such as dieing on celestial, disparition not cleansing debuffs, getting debuffed on purges etc. More complex examples are your location is delayed, for e.g. you get hit by phoenix arrow while you jumped out of it before the casting has finished.
    If you hit a pk and he loses karma the way the server calculates some stuff is exploitable. When it checks whether you can hit the pk or not it says yes, but by the time it checks what status(white/purple/red) it gives you the answer you get is that the target is white and you get pk.

Naito likes this.
  3. zauliuz

zauliuz User

this is just details how everything working. he asked how to make peoples red..
    well it's simple
    make char lvl 99. better tank (i'm too lazy to explain why)
    get as much as possible bestiary records (DO NOT TAKE REWARDS!!)
    find someone who doing AoE. easiest is with archers who spam phoenix arrow.
    get red name (kill any pet)
    run in to area where archer casting that skill.
    that moment when he starts cast skill press reward. and repeat 5+ times.

also there is some more tricks how to make peoples flag and get red. but that requires some preparation..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  4. yLogy

yLogy User

Actually, after several discussions with GM team in the past, i dont think its exploit.

Every skill has casting time. If u lose purple/red status during casting time of skill, it is how this game working.

Disparation problem is different and it is delayed. Because when u finish your disparation casting, u should be immune and yet u can still receive debuff. It mean opponent who casted debuff on U didnt get interrupted on his cast. Different situation.

zauliuz likes this.
  5. Notic

Notic User

So according to your logic debuff should not land on dispa but force attack without using force attack should kill white person?

It's exactly the same. You start casting debuff and when you use dispa, at this moment you do not have any debuffs and it does not interrupt skill casting. And since at the beginning of debuff cast it was registered that you still have no immunity it lands even when you see dispa on yourself. With pk bug its exactly the same - you start casting skill on red char and once it clears karma u still hit because at the beginning of cast the conditions were so you hit him.

6. yLogy

yLogy User

A moment when u finish your disparation it should cleanse all debuffs and make all skills casted towards U interrupted.

Player A cast Stun shot on player B. At moment of casting at time 0:00 ( all conditions are met to cast that shot ). Player A casting it. Player A landing stun effect on player B. Player B use disparation and cleansing it. Because that what disparation should do.

Player A cast stun shot on player B. Player B is red. At moment of casting at time 0:00 ( all conditions are met to cast that shot without CTRL ). Player A casting it, during casting time player B lose karma. Player A kills white player. Where do u see server delay issue in this scenario? I think its called game mechanics. L2 has casting time on skills.

GecKos likes this.
  7. zauliuz

zauliuz User

for some peoples there was "target bug" when they get on target attacker who attacking him and he didn't had anything on target (this not work when targeting is set for mobs). so logy, don't even try to explain how everything is working there. it's a bug, abuse and that's it.

Leckter likes this.
  8. Notic

Notic User

It works like this: stun shot at 0:00 and lets say cast time is 2 seconds. You use dispa at 0:01 you have no debuffs nothing to cancel. 0:02 stun lands because at 0:00 all conditions for stun to land were met and same as pk bug skill ignores dispa/white status and lands/forcekills person.

9. yLogy

yLogy User

1st scenario with dispa is server delay issue if it happened, because disparation has some effects and they worked incorrectly. ( This is in fact more complicated issue, because there are also factors like if u cancel manually your target during skill casting time u cannot get interrupted by someone else using detargeting skills i.e Dispa, Flash or so )

Force attack or being red or white has no "detarget" effect, no cleanse effect or any other effects. Easy as it is. Game is designed like this. L2 has casting time, therefore u need to count on it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. Notic

Notic User

It has same effect in both cases because if you are white the skill should not hit you just like in dispa case. Both mechanics work the same but due to delay/casting time or whatever they both land when in fact they should not

11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

textures bug also should not work in cc (coral garden and emeralds square). but peoples still abusing it to hunt wealthy...

12. yLogy

yLogy User

If it happened due to "delay" = exploit.
    If it happened due to "casting time of skill" = game mechanics.

Do u understand difference? Casting time of skills aint bug or mistake in game. Is designed game feature.

13. TheDeathAngel

TheDeathAngel User

The problem is that actions queued up and sent to server are getting messed up. For e.g. dieing on celestal simply shouldn't be possible. If you die you should not have celestial, if you got the celestial you shouldn't die. Pro players learned to play around these things, but it doesn't mean they're not game errors.

Naito, Notic and senyn like this.
  14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

The problem is not how it works, it is whether it works as intended. That was the line between a bug and a feature.

In order to check whether this is a bug or normal game mechanics programmed and working as intended, we only need to ask ourselves whether efforts to mitigate the "feature" have been made by the devs or not.
    When they went as far as introducing a new field in the UI and a new check in the targeting mechanism, then, my poor logic skills will point to the fact they did not intend it to work as it did and many glaring issues have been solved. The fact some loopholes still exist and are used to make PvE players with an option to target only monsters suffer PK penalty, macro or no macro, does not make it in any way shape or form "normal game mechanics" and when we are served with this automated answer we should really ask ourselves what is the thinking at the other end?

Is it:
    a. We do not care and are too lazy to investigate, we put up a general warning, that is enough;
    b. We really believe it works as intended and the Koreans really did intend to put traps in game for unsupervised macro (or not) users;
    c. The people who use such "features" are untouchable for a reason or another, punishing them will be an undesired outcome, therefore we pretend to really believe the logic of point b.

Now, there is another point to make, whether we would like to punish people who run unsupervised macros.
    I tend to believe they do, GMs were not happy when this was introduced, as well as probably the majority of the players. However, going out like that instead of declaring the macro illegal or lobby the Koreans against it, is probably not a good idea, I know three serious L2Store users which left because of how were they treated after losing minor things, like a glove. It is not the loss per se, but the in your face "i've told you so" even in a case when the guy simply forgot to turn off the macro AFTER BSOE. It was so obviously NOT a case of AFK macro hunt, yet he still got punished by GMs. Now is playing in NCWest because at least there botting is allowed in a way and bot can be configured to stop when other players are detected in range (at least I think so, last time I checked one was in 2009 but there were a lot of options even then).

So, in conclusion, is this policy of punishing macro users working? I mean, people are no longer using macros? If you got around in atelia you see a lot of dead parties, so I would venture a guess it is not working.
    Is it working in the sense of driving out L2Store users and rewarding the RMT-ers? I think it does, because who will use L2Store beside the legit players which don't have much time on their hands because of a job and family? Who would have time to scam TW and "PvP" at night with people targetting monsters if not RMT kids and unemployed people which get their dope money from the illegal sales?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that the current course is wrong and it shows, whether we choose to ignore and hide the truth or not.

15. Tazman

Tazman User

This **** started on h5 chronicle:

someone hit you for xxx
    you start using skill xxx
    your casting got interupted :D

After h5 they fixed it and everything was fine untill some chronicle like lindvior myabe one before or later and boom here we are. AS FAR AS I KNOW there is no this delay on korean servers.

16. Jintxa

Jintxa User

So it would be something as simple as to clean the pk with anything the pj instead stay white was purple, simple.

17. 21Sav

21Sav User

Well it's not a bug. It's a game mechanic. The staff told it here on the forums when zauliuz first started making bank.

18. goduole

goduole User

Just put some item to lock the items and problem solved, sumple as that :)

19. jimral

jimral User

just when you chose targeting monster your skills should hit only monsters ...try fix that and all will be fine.

20. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Yeah, it was intended to suffer PK penalty when you do not target player and you clearly have a setting to target only monsters.
    Works as intended, right? How old are you? 8? Even at that age kids question blatantly illogical "mechanics".
    By this logic, using geodata bugs is perfectly fine because it is a thing in the game, therefore it is a game mechanic.
    The devs clearly intended to set up this trap for people using macros, this is why they introduced the macros in the first place, so RMT-ers have a new way to milk the L2Store users, thing is, it works without macro also, just that you can see it and avoid this "game mechanic", so, oops, even if they did intend this as a trap, now they have to solve it for the situations outside the macro, so it is still a bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.