1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

olympiad games matchmaking

Discussion in 'Activity' started by BISTABIL, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Bistabil

Bistabil User

Who will fight against who is not purely random?

It might be coincidence and I don't have big data sample to conjecture this but from my limited observations I see that current number of points influences who will one fight against.

Thoughts?

2. Padj1l

Padj1l User

It is not random at all, but others will explain the different factors better than me.

3. Bistabil

Bistabil User

Factors kept in secret for generations partially* explaining majority of heroes with 10 matches only.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  4. Naito

Naito User

I am not factor, but mechanic is so obvious since long long time the same. Players with less than 10 fights get players with less than 10 fights. After 10 games you can get even person with 80 fights. Ofc it is possible to have 1 game and get someone with 80 because if in the wave is 19 players with more than 10 games and 5 with less than 10, it is not possible for system to make it fair. Wave start if 24 people sign in, so from those 5 players 2 match is fair and player numer 5 will get someone with more than 10.

This is the reason why most of the time people try to play only last oli day, because every box have 40 points, if they witn against box cuz big chance to get, easy can make 100-150 points and become ninja hero.

5. andrius3022

andrius3022 User

Until Lindvior:
    You were getting randomly between 19 people that were participating into "wave" besides you (20 people or 10 arenas/ 10 people or 5 arenas for class base)
    After Lindvior:
    You get someone depending on your coefficient that is calculated by Your previous month record * A + Your current points * B + Your amount of matches made this month * C. It gets compared with other people that signed.. and you will A: get a person that matches your " coefficient" the most or B: you will not get count until person with high enough numbers will sign in.

I guess it was to fight feed waves in olympiad... but it ended up them even easier.. since before you needed a full wave of 20 people now 1-2 high pointers are more than enough.

6. Bistabil

Bistabil User

OK, these are two different theories.

@Naito that would explain me winning 10/10 matches against boxes and weak players and after being constantly farmed.

@andrius3022 do you know values for A, B and C?