1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

Do you get set bonuses from A grade item sets?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by DapperBae, Nov 15, 2019.

1. BaeSir

BaeSir User

I dont see the set bonus on the item tooltip.

2. infelix

infelix User

No set bonus, all parts give different bonuses so you can mix and match parts as you see fit.

3. SK111

SK111 Banned

This isn't completely true
    You can't simply do an arlequine armor
    The pieces are related to each other to balance the whole thing

Eg. Heavy Armor Sets A grade

All the sets give +3 con +2 str but

1] Tallum only + 300 hp and for a tanks it's a suicide mission to get this set
    but its highest casting speed makes it the best suited for bd and sws

2] Dark Crystal + 700 hp for the poor tank
    the huge hp pool addition looks fantastic but it's a fake and you can get much more with only
    +1 con

3] Majestic
    the second armor for a tank due to the resistance to stun +50%
    it's like having all the dv earring oe to +10 of the two servers alltogether

4] The nightmare
    compared to the Dark Crystal it's hp pool it's ridicolous only + 300 hp like the tallum and the majestic
    but there's a little thing called
    reflect damage

so all in all for a tank nm > maj in mass pvp with tons of kamael archers [the shield it's the same the nm] > dc -> tallum
    the exact opposite if you are a bd or sws

ofc if you mess up all the pieces you will end up with a complete mess.

4. Sigfrey

Sigfrey User

because some specific bonuses have been changed in order to obtain them while wearing single pieces rather than the full set.
    wearing the entire set may eventually unlock additional bonuses, but i'm not sure about that since i have not found any info even on L2 central.

to resume the main differences about specific parts of the respective set(from main body to helmets):
    » Tallum gives +50% silence/fear resist;
    » DC gives +50% paralyze resist and boosts heals received;
    » Majestic gives +50% stun resist;
    » Nightmare gives +70% Hold/Sleep resist and +5% reflect damage.

then there's boots that give +4/+7 speed depending on the item. probably also atk speed and p.atk with the gloves, but since L2 central is in RU, translations are kinda off at the moment.
    no idea about what the DC/Nightmare shields give.

SK111 likes this.
  5. SK111

SK111 Banned

The bonuses are given not by the single parts of a set but by the single parts considered as a whole
    and picking one piece from there and one piece from here it means only a mess because this way
    you will unbalance all the stuff
    ofc a set it's meant for a specific role
    tallum=bd sws
    dark crystal=second tank with crowd control role in mass pvp usually the sk but this let arise a problem
    aka no tank can bring alongside two hv sets without going overweight
    majestic=the fastest tank, the tk, that attracts enemy fire from archers entering and
    exiting their firing range before beeing seriously put in any harms way
    nightmare=the hardest hitting tank for the final phases of a mass pvp usually the da

so for each type of tank there's a pre-set solution
    ofc if you are skilled enough you can go sk with a nightmare and if you have some weigth bonus a mj to switch on the fly
    if too much targeted from afar
    same goes for the hardest hitting tank the da who can prefer an immediate suprlus on hps to mitigate its healers work
    a bit and therefore the dark crystal

About the shields in essence they are very important also because they can be oe to 10 and you can put in them a spirit
    but atm there aren't any more info about this role the shield will take on the battlefield

For sure never ever gear a tank with a tallum
    i've seen assassins with a tallum hv for the dex bonus
    but never ever a tank with a tallum because it's completely useless for the role
    the tallum simply put let you cast faster but as a tank you aren't there to cast
    or sing or dance

And for sure any serious tank has the majestic hv at least in the warehouse.

Last note
    many newbies who play tank are foolished by the + 700 hps of the dark crystal
    but
    as i've said +1 con gives you more hps, there are the agathions, the cloacks,
    the belt and many many more options to go up in hps
    and
    1200 it's the minumum dmg received so 700 ain't nothing

the dark crystals works only if you have behind 2 good healers in the cp

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  6. xHaseo

xHaseo User

IDK why they keep saying that "+1 con > 700 Hp" since that's totally fake (if +1 CON gives more than 700 hps, my main with a -4 CON would 2800 HPs, and i mean, that's totally not the case. Dropping 3-5 CON points should reduce ur hps by 500 HPs, more or less)

Also, in this version of L2, A grades are meant to be mixed, no idea why, but in certain cases this is really helpful. For those who tryhard in pvp and olys, you wont need to switch the WHOLE set but just the main parts to get the different resistances you need, like : vs EE/BP/SE go NM, then you fight a mage and go Tallum or keep NM for sleep, if you fight a poler just switch to MJ and so on.

Just take a look at the difference bonuses to see what fit ur game-style, keeping in mind that, at the moment, NM and MJ are quite rare to get since most of the time they just come out of random craft so you can't sell/trade those.

7. Sigfrey

Sigfrey User

probably they meant the overall number between HP/CP increase, but 700 points of health for a +1 CON seems strange to me as well.
    i could be wrong though, since i did not check the CON scaling yet in Essence(it can easily be done simply by wearing a clean +CON hat, by the way).

the sets are there for "sinergy" purposes, however you can do well even by mixing sets depending on the class/role/stats build.

there's people who prefer to use sets that can stack with their buffs and/or passive skills in order to get greater resist debuffs chances and/or increased dps boost.

then there's oly farmers who prefer to have different sets for fighting different classes.

in the end, people should just pick whatever they prefer depending on their playstyle. some play solo, some play in group, some do only pve, others do pve and pvp. there's no perfect set for everything.

8. IplayPVE

IplayPVE User

I use tallum and nm gloves

9. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Ok i can confirm you this : +1 CON changes barely 200 points between CP and HP. It's like...100 points HP and like 70 CPs lol

10. SK111

SK111 Banned

Hi xHaseo you're right and wrong at the same time
    right because the +1 con gives to you smth like 200-300 more hps
    wrong because i've assumed you have at least an agathion gemini +6 and a cloack +5 or +6 = 14 to 20% more hps
    and i didn't put into the account the land dragon belt with that it's +40% more hps
    so for every +1 con you add it's like 900-1000 more hps
    so all in all unless you are aiming to the bonus in the healing the dark crystal it's a total
    waste of money