1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

Two ideas to prevent the blue server from dying like the red server.

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Eterea, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Eterea

Eterea User

A server dies when it has no replacement with new players.

The reason why new players leave the server is the difficulty in exping due to the aggressive attitude of few players (Ikyosuke in the red server and Requiem in the Blue server)

I don't think it's fair to ban or prevent the PK, but I think it's fair to make the PK much more risky.
    For this I propose two solutions ...

Solution 1: (simpler)
    The player with more than 100 PK total, if killed while red, can drop something.

Solution 2: (more complicated)
    Reputation points from 0 to -999 no penalty
    Reputation points from -1000 to -3499 chance to drop something if killed
    Reputation points from -3500 to -6999 inability to use BSOEs and possibility of dropping something if killed
    Reputation points -7000 your position is visible to everyone on the map, inability to use BSOEs and the possibility of dropping something if killed

Using one of these two solutions I think it would make the game more fun, the possibility of PK remains but with a related risk.

PS: don't confuse Reputation points and PK.

What do you think?

2. Dvyus

Dvyus User

Like option 2 something at least needs to be done, pk is a part of game but this is ridiculous!

3. Warendo

Warendo User

Option 2 sounds great to me :) Reputation points from -3500 to -6999 inability to use BSOEs + teleport prolongs from 2sec to 10sec and possibility of dropping something if killed

4. andrepnd

andrepnd User

Include in the list also PK should not be able to enter any events like orc fortress or teleport directly into any city before erasing the karma (rep points).

Dvyus likes this.
  5. Sigfrey

Sigfrey User

there's a simple solution to that: bringing back the previous PK system, where if you have more than 3 PK points and you die when you're red from any player, you have a chance to drop your gear/items from inventory.

right now it still works, but only if you get killed by monsters/NPCs.

6. Koreysh

Koreysh User

I really like solution #2. This will prevent from one player PK half of the server.

However, I highly doubt innova can actually implement anything like that.

7. xHaseo

xHaseo User

As i told ya in whatsapp (i didn't read this till now, lol) the 2nd solution would fit BUT...
    Instead of the 3rd penalty, i'd just increase the chance of dropping with each debuff's step...like :
    Karma w/o debuff : Nothing. No drops nor stats decrease.
    Karma debuff lv 1 : Chance to drop items + Decreased stats.
    Karma debuff lv 2 : Chance of dropping items is increased + Stats decreased further. You can't bsoe, teleport or use mounts.
    Karma debuff lv 3 : Chance of dropping items is increased again + Stats are lowered again. You can't bsoe, teleport or use mounts.

The option to make it visibile to anyone, it's no sense actually.
    As for Sealed items, the sealed item will break. Like it used to be in Awakening servers.

Also the effect works on KARMA POINTS not on PK, which means that i can even have 1000 PKs, if i get the 1001st PK and i still have 720 karma points, then no malus will be applied.

Such fix would actually prevent PK rampage like Requiem is doing now on Blue Server, PKing all AFKs during night time, cause he'll risk to lose his items (such as Baium talisman, since that's a droppable item...ofc, p2w items that are char-locked like Pendant or Belt should NOT be subject to break or drop...but a talisman bracelet level 5, yes, to drop. Break only for Sealed items).

And this will actually discourage people to PK too many players in a row...really, i will be SO BORED to PK 4 players, then clean 2800 karma points to be able to pk AGAIN safely 4 more players.

8. harrycuong

harrycuong User

try classic you bunch of *****.

9. MrCocaine

MrCocaine User

All these are easily avoidable by those russian kids. Requiem will just log one of the alts on one of the desktops and will keep PKing people from there.

10. Warendo

Warendo User

If you are unnable to defend yourself before alt-chars, you do something wrong and should dig yourself a hole in some shietty xp catacombs and hide :)

11. razman89

razman89 User

The option 2 it's a good choice, Inova can sell an item to a clear reputation by 8000l coin, and got money with is.

12. Thunderbuild

Thunderbuild User

There are lots of easy solutions to the PK problem, either making PKing less attractive or giving people a way to defend themselves or avoid PK all together. The challenge is getting the developers to agree there is a problem (though if their failure re: dual accounts is any indication, they may have trouble fixing it anyway). So how do we get them to see PKing as a problem?

13. SK111

SK111 Banned

Stop buying lcoins or things from the lstore with euros
    begin to buy the very same things for less in roubles

SilverFangs and andrepnd like this.
  14. Thunderbuild

Thunderbuild User

Not sure what you mean by this. Change servers or cheat by buying outside the game? I'm not Russian so not about to go there and I'd rather quit than cheat.