1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

Korean news: Pet System

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Fan Fic, Videos, Screenshots' started by Artchem, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Artchem

Artchem Community manager

[​IMG]

Hello, my dears!

I bet I know what you want more than an event calendar. It’s info about the coming update, right?

Sadly, there’s no ETA or precise details yet, but I know one thing's for sure... Pets will appear in the next patch! For that reason, we have prepared a translation of Korean patch notes (!!!) for you.

Please note that our official patch note and Korean patches note might be different. I hope this article will help you to become familiar with novelties until we don’t get an overseas build for our servers. The translation might contain inaccuracies.

[​IMG] What pets will appear in L2 Essence?

Well, there will be 6 types of pets helping their masters in battle:

♦ Wolf ♦

[​IMG]

The wolf deals damage to surrounding enemies with its claws.

Weapon type: Dual Sword/ Fist Weapon
    Summoning item: Wolf’s Necklace

♦ Hawk ♦

[​IMG]

The hawk is the one pet who can fly and has a gorgeous visual effect. Attacks targets from a distance.

Weapon type: Bow
    Summoning item: Hawk’s Necklace

Dragon

[​IMG]

The dragon has excellent speed and attack speed.

Weapon type: Sword/ Ancient Sword
    Summoning item: Dragon’s Necklace

♦ Buffalo ♦

[​IMG]

The Buffalo will become a great tank for you.

Weapon type: Blunt/ Spear
    Summoning item: Buffalo’s Necklace

Cougar

[​IMG]

This is an ideal assassin who sneaks up on and inflicts strong damage upon enemies.

Weapon type: Dagger
    Summoning item: Cougar’s Necklace

Kookaburra

[​IMG]

Inflicts magic damage and bombards enemies.

Weapon type: Rapier/ Blunt
    Summoning item: Kookaburra’s Necklace

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to summon a few pets at a time. Lucky summoners will be able to summon the pets and a servitor at once. The good news is that a pet will be able to accompany a master in a dimension zone (world dungeon Antharas' Lair), an instanced zone, and the Olympiad.

[​IMG] How to get a pet?

[​IMG]

An elite monster Antigo will appear randomly in some locations such as Primeval Isle, Tower of Insolence, Orc Barracks or Plains of the Lizardmen. Antigo will summon a random pet when his HP is below 50%. A player who kills (makes the last hit) this pet, will be able to get a Sealed Pet Necklace.

[​IMG] Pets Gain EXP

[​IMG]

When pets are involved in combat, they obtain EXP according to DPS. A master also gets EXP from mobs killed by their pets.

If your pet’s lvl is 20 or higher than yours, the pets stop obeying you. Unlike the previous pet system of L2 (main version), If a pet is dead, the pet won’t lose EXP but they both will get a debuff. Even if you summon another pet, this debuff is transferred to him.If a pet’s lvl is 11 or higher than a mob’s lvl, no one gets EXP or Item Drop bonuses. The master's XP boost items and buffs are transferred to their pet.

If a character doesn’t have Sayha’s Grace, a pet, as well as the master, gets a penalty.

[​IMG] Improved Pets

[​IMG]

When a pet is 40 lvl and 76 lvl, evolution stages become available to the pet - 1st and 2nd stages. When a pet evolves, its look is changed.

A pet gets a random name and a passive skill on the 1st stage. A pet learns higher level skills on the 2nd stage.

[​IMG]

Special items are required for pet evolution:

Evolution stageRequired items*
    1st stagePet training manual - Basic
    2nd stagePet training manual - Enhanced
    *These are preliminary item names, terms may change during the testing process.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Equipping a pet

[​IMG]

Pets can use characters’ armor, weapon, and accessories, but cannot use event, time-limited or enchanted equipment. Also, a pet can’t use equipment obtained by a character after graduation quests. Pets have fixed stats, regardless of the equipped weapon type. Pets equipped with a weapon/armor cannot use the corresponding item skills.

[​IMG] Feeding a pet

[​IMG]

When a pet is summoned, a hunger gauge is reduced. During the battle, the hunger gauge is reduced faster.

If you don’t feed your pet on time (just know, you are a bad master :D ) and its hunger level is below 49%, your pet will stop fighting. Also, you won’t be able to control it and will be penalized.

The hunger gauge may be recovered by pet food. A Grocer and a Pet Manager sell food for pets in Giran and Aden towns.

[​IMG] Pet's Skills

Pets can get various skills. To get these skills, a character needs to meet some conditions. Then skills will be activated.

PetLearn SkillConditions for acquiringSkill description
    KookaburraMagic MissileAcquired automaticallyInflicts magic damage on the enemy.
     Ground digging1st stage of evolution
    The “Bullets Squall” state is temporarily activated when the “Magic Missile” skill is used.
    Attacks the number of targets.
     Chain BlockPet Spellbook - Chain BlockSwings a magic chain.
     Blocked target replacePet Spellbook - Blocked target replaceSwitches locations with target subjected to the “Chain Block” effect.
    CougarBlasting ImpulseAcquired automaticallyAttacks vital spots with an additional P. Atk.
     Shimmering Attack1st stage of evolution Runs to an enemy, disappears and comes from behind the enemy. Then attacks the target's vital points.
     Real predator2nd stage of evolution Pet’s stats are increased for a certain period.
     DisappearancePet Spellbook - DisappearanceBecomes invisible for a certain period of time.
      Powerful BitePet Spellbook - Powerful Bite Powerful Attack. Can be used in the invisible state.
    BuffaloHorn PierceAcquired automaticallyPierces through the target and lifts it in the air.
     Stun1st stage of evolution Rushes in to attack the enemy stunning them for a certain chance.
     Target dragPet Spellbook - Target dragPulls nearby enemies to the center.
     Cyclone's touch1st stage of evolution Provokes the enemy to attack.
    HawkFeather ArrowAcquired automaticallyAttack a distant enemy by feather and blocks the invisibility of the attacked target.
     Quick Hop1st stage of evolution Quickly charges into the enemy.
     Feather TrapPet Spellbook - Feather TrapThrows explosive feathers.
     Trap Explosion
    Pet Spellbook - Trap Explosion
    Blows up traps.
     Sentry's strikePet Spellbook - Sentry's strikePierces through the target and goes back.
    DragonCrushing BiteAcquired automaticallyIt allows a pet to twice attack an enemy when continuously using the “Crushing Bite” skills.
     Blitz attack1st stage of evolution Increases Atk.Spd and Speed for a certain period of time.
     Loud blarePet Spellbook - Loud blareHowls and charges at an enemy. With a certain chance, stuns and pulls the target.
    WolfWolf’s Claw Acquired automatically
    Attack the target with claws.
    P. Skill Power is increased when continuously using the skill.
     Vigorous assault1st stage of evolutionRuns to an enemy then jumps at it.
     Last sharp clawPet Spellbook - Last sharp clawPowerful attack on the target.
    Can only use on an enemy whose HP is less than 15%.
    Turns into a huge wolf for a certain period of time when killing the opponent.
    [​IMG] Pet hunting

[​IMG]
    Pets can automatically assist a character in attacking a target.

[​IMG] Pet supplies

ItemDescription
    [​IMG]Pet Food Restores 1000 points of the hunger gauge.
    [​IMG]Pet HP PotionRestores 80 HP.
    [​IMG]Beast SoulshotThe light of a spirit is bestowed upon a pet and increases the power of attack.
    [​IMG]Beast SpiritshotThe light of a spirit is bestowed upon a pet and increases the power of magic attack.

Have you already chosen the pet which you like more?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Japarzo and Constance like this.
  2. CDVM

CDVM User

what happened with the reason to never adding them in classic in the first place? they fixed that problem or they just dont care anymore and needed to release new content?

3. Warendo

Warendo User

The pet needs its own weapon or its using weapon of his master? Eg as a archer a can only own a Hawk bcs I use a bow or I can own any pet I want so its possible that character is using a bow but pet is using a sword for example?

Artchem and Delryn like this.
  4. Artchem

Artchem Community manager

Hello, @CDVM! What does that have to do with Essence?

@Warendo, thanks for the cool question. At the moment, I can't check on to be certain, because we don't get the build yet. As I understand it, a character uses their type of weapon, a pet uses its type. Therefore a player can own any pets.

5. xHaseo

xHaseo User

What's the difference between type A and type B summon?
    The korean dev that made possible to summoners and necros to have pet + summon at the same time was high or he just have no idea how L2 works at all?
    Summons stats are going to be same as DA panther (useless) or like summoner's summons (broken OP)?

6. Warendo

Warendo User

@Artchem So you can own more then one pet? Eg me, as a tank, I have two weapon, one handed blunt and one handed word, it means I can own 3 pets and summon them depending on my weapon I use? What if I summon pet with sword in hand and change weapon to blund, will it unsummon? Ask Koreans pls, this is important info from my pov.

7. xHaseo

xHaseo User

You will be able to own more than one pet but it doesn't change based on ur weapon. Pets will have their own equipment. So for example, the cougar, will be able to wear a dagger. And it makes sense since it has such skills. But it doesn't mean YOU have to gear it, the PET need to gear it. Otherwise you'd be locked with 1 type of pet. You can pick any pet you want (afaik, that should be random from the NPC) but he can wear only 1 or 2 type of weapon, depending on the pet. For example cougar can't wear bow.

8. Warendo

Warendo User

Oh, now I understand. If its like you say, its totaly awesome.

9. CDVM

CDVM User

the reason they never added pets to classic (including essence, same ****) its because it caused servers issues or something like that and now they do in essence (they wont in classic because KR dont care about classic anymore) so u are telling me it causes problems in classic and not in essence when both use the same Game Engine (UE), same UI, same files, everything except for some small changes? makes no sense unless as i said, they either fixed the problem or they dont care about it and just released it as new content

edit:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    SaMaNoSuKe likes this.
  10. xThug

xThug User

dude... You are asking a question to Archem. You can get an aswer only if its about forum rules. Otherwise you will just get dumb question to a question like above. ^^