1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Extorting people with PK to earn adena allowed?

Discussion in 'Activity' started by Thrufir, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Thrufir

Thrufir User

So a trend from the NCWest server has now breezed over to here where people using level 110 characters extort you with PK'ing if you do not pay them 1 billion adena.

On NCWest they already cracked down against this "trend" so i am curious to see if and what action will be taken here.

upload_2020-2-28_1-34-38.png

2. zauliuz

zauliuz User

americans :D idk that was april fools joke, or real thing, but according to rules you can't touch afk trains. for example drag them on stronger mobs. or simply bring mobs train on them to wipe that party :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  3. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

im sorry for the caps that i ll eventually use cos this makes me mad to a certain degree that i cant accept it.

thats why trump won, and ll won again, the game was made to be a pvp game, that kind of stuff happend on korean, THIS HAPPEND ON KOREA --->>>> https://scholarworks.gsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1091&context=communication_theses and these entitled kids today, cant deal with the core of the game...... the world is going down......

kill to prevent others to reach the power to fight u back is what the game was made for. thats why ppl dont sell gear to enemy clan, thats why bad ppl create tons of account to play on both sides, so they can buy stuff, (I hate this kind or person, but they exist and i cant do nothing against it). these carebear ppl should be banned from life......these weak ppl.....disgusting.

Pvp and pk were the core of the game before some smartpants start making the game a sparkly and fashion contest, the moment they put that woman in charge, l2 went down the hill, too bad that free to play make more money than subscription model, otherwise l2 would be long gone.

this is so funny, ncwest had tons of bot and we never saw something similar to this bs, in fact ncwest fought hard to ban all the free players from their servers, now that they add their kind of bot into the game, they come with this bs......... i just hope innova understands the meaning of the game since ncwest dont, ncwest is shut company really.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2020
  4. Thrufir

Thrufir User

For sure PVP and PK are part of the game, i fight back vs any and pk those who pk me always done that always will.
    Gear and level difference just means i wont win all fights but that's ok, some you win some you loose that's life.

But when it comes down to things like these i rather want to make sure to cover myself before i get into trouble with things i wasn't ready for possibly even going beyond the scope of the game.
    Remember: not being aware of a rule or law does not mean you don't have to abide by it and won't suffer the consequences from it.
    I rather not take my chances with something like this so i first make myself aware of anything that could jeopardize my position.

As a response to zauliuz:
    It does not make AFK trains invulnerable, you can PK them all you want even under those rules because otherwise i would have been long banned there.
    Those rules just make it so you just can't use it to your advantage to try and make money out of it and the possible legal implication just means i want to be really sure before i do anything.

As a response to PrideBrasil:
    That document is a bit long and not quite sure what it is about exactly, it's purpose or goal seems a bit unclear to me because of all the fluffy language in there so i didn't take the time to read all of it.
    As for myself i just want to be absolutely sure about written and unwritten rules before i do something that feels like it could possibly be "in the street of might not be allowed and get me in trouble" hence i ask the question here before i do anything.
    Infiltration has always been a thing and as far as i am aware it is a accepted tactic and just another way to fight the enemy, it works both ways so use it to your advantage.
    PVP and PK aint gone, the game caters more to a afk lifestyle now but does not make them invulnerable at all.
    For a long time i was absolutely against the introduction of the rotating macro and the "creative" use people used it to go afk overnight...
    After trying to fight it i saw it wasn't going to go away so at that point took the advantage from it instead and adapted.
    I accept others have different play styles then i have, some may be full pvp, some might be a mix, some might be full pve.
    Just makes it a bit more interesting to have a mix of cultures and play styles.

5. zauliuz

zauliuz User

so if i kill them and leave it's fine. but if i kill them and take their spot it's bad?

6. 21Sav

21Sav User

No, if you tell them give me money or I will pk you - that's not okay.

7. Spooks

Spooks User

It's more like pay me, or u can forget leaving safe zone ;)

8. zauliuz

zauliuz User

well, in last 15 years peoples become oversensitive..

9. Jintxa

Jintxa User

These things happen because of the developers of the game. If they want people to use the automatic hunt they should have fixed the problem of the abuse of the pk not having patched it. As now there really is no real and serious penalty for becoming pk these things happen. If our dear friend about30ninjas the first time he kills everyone gets 200 or 300 pk and someone kills him, the second time he would think about it before since he would have lost 95% of his gear. But as nothing happens ......
    Feb 29, 2020
    Of course, price the game was made so that people could pk, but there have always been consequences for it and yet, now there is absolutely none.

10. Thrufir

Thrufir User

They did fix the problem with the "making red to grab people their gear as drops" issue by adding the "monster only" target option.

For all i care they put back the PK can drop items then the whole problem with that is solved.

11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

now pk system is literally f'd.. once i cleaned BS bots because there was no spot, so i got 15-20 PK and it was cleaned in 2 AoE.. very balanced..

12. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

the way it used to be before free to joke start.

13. Thrufir

Thrufir User

I miss both sides of the PK how it used to be.

When you go red and you know you have too many PK's the thrill of the fights and trying to avoid dieing but also the other side where your the hunter and the PK is the hunted.
    Miss those good old times because i got 2 pieces of +10 dark gear out of one of those PK fights which made PK hunting very rewarding and very fun to do.

14. vengetta

vengetta User

Hi,

Guys if you want to make a difference here, there is only one way that NCSOFT, Innova or someone responsible will do something about it. Stop buying premium subscription, l2 store, basically stop spending money for a month let's say.
    All people right now loosing time from farming and runes and other items that have limited time in game after purchase will never be refund. So you as the client the only way to force things is like that.
    Nothing will happen as always, community is not well organized by anyone and we don't have someone that will lead the way let's say for this to be done. Example all active big clans that have the wales will never agree to do so.
    So we will **** it up and let NCSOFT, Innova and people running l2 project milk as away :)

Lineage in EU and USA could be so big, sad that community and L2 project team **** on everything.

Please keep flame at minimum, just an opinion.

Kind regards,

A noob.