1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

PK in low level areas

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by The Anorak, Mar 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemKillsIt

SystemKillsIt User

Ok, i`ll ask something all, without arguing or 'crying'. Just want a simple suggestion, especially from 'factors'... If you are low newbie, with a low gear, Not farming on afk mode, zones for your lvl and Q are only /bloody swamp, blazing, beleth/ and there is that guy who enjoys pk (ok, i accept that). The situation is: me farming, not afk, he comes - 1 shot, to town, /im not complaining/, teleport, running to spot, kill 5 mobs, he comes- 1 shot and again repeating around 20 times... even when in pt, its the same. You can't afford to finish quest, nor lvl up, no gear up, so you can have the smallest chance to at least fight back. So i ask dear big talkers, what would you do, if its You, in this situation, with this conditions!?

2. iCyxx

iCyxx User

Most of time hunter have weapon, prey not :Thumbsup::Laugh:

3. Robby

Robby User

Ask another pvp minded person with gear, to come help. It's what clans are for, it's what cp's are for.

4. SystemKillsIt

SystemKillsIt User

Clans and CPs rec 105+ with decent gear, my friends are random from pts, which makes them my lvl, and ppl from clans that can help, actually supporting him :) but thx for that suggestion, lf more

5. Thrufir

Thrufir User

That is not what i meant with that, i meant the mechanic before rotating macro was even added.
    At that time you carefully consider if the risk was worth PK'ing for if your already in the danger zone.
    On that regard they fixed that issue with monster only target, it won't make it invulnerable just harder to kill (some stuff does flag you for example or you have to PK the character).

@PrideBrasil
    That is not how it started, in the beginning that player was asking 1 billion to not be PK'ed and that is what spiked a discussion and ultimately became part of the measure they took.
    It is clearly stated it goes in from a certain date so there is no consequence for anything that happen before that date.

@The Anorak
    It won't stop that type of PK, not using extortion means he can do for whatever amount of time he want.
    All 4Game did with this is guarantee players will not invest in any XP items as they being completely wasted, not just one time, not just for mere hours but for days which are now going into weeks.

In the end this will have broader financial implications for 4Game.
    In my calculation for just a small group of players which i can say with absolute certainty the impact is already at least in the 1000's of euro's per month with this small set of known data.
    But if that's the choice 4Game wants to take, rather loosing out on 1000's of euro's worth of premium & xp items for the sake of keeping 1 player killing the server literally and figuratively then that's their choice.

6. PandoraBox

PandoraBox User

I only saw 2 or 3 better geared players that were trying to hunt him down, after a while I guess it was not even worth it anymore... how many high lvl players are willing to come down for a pvp with this guy?... also obviously he can't pvp his own level so needs to feed his poor ego...

7. Notic

Notic User

They haven't fixed it with "monster only", it was there and it is still here, just you don't drop pk so no point.

8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Ebayers have tons of chars for every level and will pk anywhere. Some people are proud they deleveled one of their chars, they can always buy another level 110 to PK, even a better one, with only a part of the extra profits they make by denying legits event farm.
    The only solution to this is to stop cheating. When Innova will realize they lose profits by unbanning cheaters, they will act, until then, there is the era of half-baked "solutions" which help noone.

9. zauliuz

zauliuz User

well, only removed autohunt/repeatable macro feature can fix it. but since game from MMO turned in to SAO (solo afk online) it's impossible. show be better business model where you spend € in to pixels and you just need to do 2 things - bring char to hunting spot, press alt+z. and then you can go and "live your life" while game plays itself.
    as for me, it's unacceptable. and for that guy who doing pk festivals. gl :) but as i see peoples didn't learned anything when they dropped items, some of them did that few times, so this pk festival is just for fun...

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist User

11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

if it's about that guy who pk everyone you get literally 0 effect for that. unless he will say: pay for me and i'll let you afk.

12. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

bro you wont make anyone worry about this thing with your cheap math. 1k euros is nothing to their revenue.
    first u need to understand that innova isnt in small league. big leagues dont care about 1k....... ppl on TH, EN, BADGERS and other burning cash clans spend 1k a day. so please, expand ur universe, get out from ur small league way of thinking.

the "top" ppl can farm more than 300kk per hour. like i said many many times on this forum, those who dont cash in are the ones shouting wtb euro 1/200. and they buy heavy man.

i m just a br guy, no big pocket, 0 desire to make any friend on server and i could make 200b playing by my own and i was far from endgame even with that. how much do u think these other guyz have on their toons man? and i rage quit twice. THEY NEVER DID. and they keep buying l2store, they are heavily addicted to the game.

btw 30ninjas told me he crack a joke on some corpse about billions, and they use that to start this witch hunt, he prove that and the result i think u already saw XD.

if ppl wanna play, they ll play. ur words are just words and they have no power here. if ppl cant deal with this, they ll start cracking and thinking on quit when they realize they need 55b to get just a jewel or something around 50b just to level ONE of their forgoten skills. even with the freemium model the game isnt for soft ppl.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2020
  13. iFilda

iFilda User

I afk my toons in bs when I'm in work and they were untouched after 13 hours. You even have the benefit of being active, how do you manage to die to him this much? Even when he killed me right after I ported to bs it took him like an hour before he finished the circle to kill me again. You can make macro with target and once you see him just log off for 5 minutes and your spot is now cleared of afk ppl and you win.

PrideBrasil likes this.
  14. Luticia

Luticia User

@PrideBrasil
    Tell me why he didnt do it before the event? After event start, somehow he changed playstile ? He is exploiting game mehanic and need to be banned for that. You perfectly know what im talking about. Also big players dont care to kill him, he is doing them favor afterall. He said this himself on worldchat, less ppl more letters.

15. zauliuz

zauliuz User

wait wait.. slow down.. what he's doing wrong?

16. Notic

Notic User

No, because the pk abuse can be used on anyone with aoe, active or not, macro or normal casting, so removing it will just make it a little harder.

17. zauliuz

zauliuz User

at this point autohunt removal would be empty server. and for example if "pk system" would be removed, and changed in to something like when for non flagged and not cw char you can drop down only CP, all debuffs won't land, and dots and other things drains only cp unless he flag means all spots full of macrobots and you can't do anything for them. because f you, i have life, but i want play at same time, so here alt+z and you can do anything you want, i just swing middle finger in the air :)
    Other option would be limit how many clients you can launch on 1 pc. up to 3 or so.. that's would be solution for highly populated server, but since in core, i guess, there is not more than 500 active (unique) players in prime time (just do the maths, open party matching, check how many players in parties / active parties, add like 150 (shops. afkers in city and solo) and here you go, approximately server population. idk why innova, and now even ncsoft hide those numbers, maybe because not to scare peoples from official servers, but they run from them because of:
    1- impossible to play without spending $$$, or you stuck with tons of <105 chars
    2- majority of events from l2store, and with very very low chance to get something useful, and expensive
    3- player base is not the same what was 5-10years ago.
    4- clan/cp game is gone, it turned in to afk grindfest. all activity siege twice on month aka 2hours of doing nothing because of class/gear gap/disbalance
    5- game is not new player friendly, it wasn't since long time ago, but now it's even more focused only for those who have everything. and if you reach 105 (in some cases 106!!!) you have 2 options - shake your wallet or uninstall. there is no other options.
    i missed some points? feel free to add what i missed.

18. Notic

Notic User

1. No, still possible, just like before needs cp.
    2. Yes, but that is expected since they reduce farmalbe stuff ingame. You dont need to get 10b box to get 10b from letters event.
    3. Never is, never was, hardly any game can keep population growing for 10 consecutive years
    4. Yes, but its partialy because of lack of party zones and because people got even lazier. Tauti/Octavis/Frintezza looked promising, but was complete failure for our region.
    5. L2 has never been new player friendly.

Looking on the bright side, Korea sees that game is too concentrated on same areas, so hopefully they bring some new zones for lower players also.

19. SystemKillsIt

SystemKillsIt User

How i manage to die so many times, being active? Cuz i can ;) take that answer as u wish, no matter what i explain ppl dont see global picture but understand their own. And i already did what u suggest, guess im not that 'lucky' guy like you. Thank you.
    True that, but not only game changed, ppl get more and more greedy. Playing the way that more alt chars > new player. Cuz if ppl /at least most ot them/ are a bit more friendly, not pk nor auto farm would be so disturbing. But friendly means being noob, obviously for all. Its a game.

20. zauliuz

zauliuz User

new zones wont solve the problem. quests for aether and pve/pvp stones can solve it, at least in case of getting better gear or make crafting alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.