1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

F2P ends at 106

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by MaoMao, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Notic

Notic User

3-6 months, if you get letter event like this one even less

2. zauliuz

zauliuz User

and how often you get events like this?

3. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I have already answered that in the OP, during this event, 1 month.

Once every 6 months or so... I agree it should be more often, but, even when they are on, they PK legits to stop them from getting started.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
  4. zauliuz

zauliuz User

and what for those who can play only 2-3 hours per day? before nerfs it was possible, octa, balok, tauti, baylor, crystal caverns hunting wealthy, also gludio spy hunt with drop runes + spoil. now what? only balok left, and maybe istina..

5. Notic

Notic User

Why you keep coming back with this nonsense? The game is as it is, we tell you how and how much and yet you still come up "but if you play with your eyes closed and with your feet only 3minutes per day with a healer, how much can u make". Just quit ffs. People who want, can make money, those who don't never will no matter the game.

6. zauliuz

zauliuz User

you should be quiet in this topic since you spent more than half year avg salary for pixels

7. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I play only 2-3 hours a day. Dailies take one hour of that, maybe two in average if we consider all other things like base defense, outer, inner, fort siege, hunter instance, some raids now and then with ally, castle sieges and whatnot.

Rest of the time, an hour or maybe more, setting up afk, trading, discussing strategies for next promo with my friends, etc.

Sure, during wars, all that changes, we need to setup 24/7 hunting rotation, come up with a strategy to best cover the afk location of the Pkers, settle internal disputes over whether the war is worth it or not, only thing that doesnt stop or is affected during wars is trade. We do other things, of course, but mainly it is hunting AFK war tags until they decide to stop PK.

If you solo as a DD, of course the game *****, even if you go PK to promote your sales, the "tears" of newbies do little to fill that void, the only thing that matters is the money you make and, you are right, the sales have dried up lately, maybe this has something to do with Pking newbies, I don't know, you are the expert on how PKing should be done and its benefits for the game overall.

I only wish to help newbies and have a healthy server with a healthy and civilized population. It won't work, of course, but it is worth having a goal, right? Especially when your clan IS that subset of players you like. In spite of all the ebayers, kids, staff that helps them against legits.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  8. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

ur words are words of a guy that never went nowhere and dont know nothing about grinding the game from the top.

devs screwed the game, THE FREE GEAR U SAID is the new aprendice armor or tunic since the devs screwed with the game with the NEW GODESS OF DESTRUCTION CONTENT.

another thing u wrote is that playing solo dd wont work. ur so clueless..........

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
  9. zauliuz

zauliuz User

to PK somebody is a rocket science...

10. MaoMao

MaoMao User

The act itself, it is not, all kids can do it, I was merely thinking about the method behind the act, the message you try to put out there, that is what I do not understand (besides the obvious attempts to flog dead adena sales). Even that one obvious reason is not making sense, because, like what innova does as well as NC to make gearing impossible without massive adena and/or L2Store purchases, it ultimately defeats the purpose.

Maybe, highly disputable, but, maybe, in the short term, it might help adena and L2Store sales, but it already chased away the population and, without newbies to PK, what fun there is left in the game for ebayers and donours alike? Small scale ebayers cant fight big scale ebayers with high connections, big scale ebayers cant have real PvP even if they would have wanted it, oly is rigged, sieges are rigged, who would put money into a rigged system to benefit the riggers and be humiliated in the process?

Yes, there can be some small scale PvP, occasionally some contested siege, but as the PKs mount and fewer and fewer people join the base of the pyramid, the top crumbles as the ponzi scheme is already in default.

Real Ponzi scheme operators do all they can to promote it and make people join, this is the odd case in which people which would benefit the most from newcomers, namely the top ebayers and the staff do all they can to chase away the very people their income depends on. This is illogical behaviour and only the narrow minded people fail to see the bigger picture. Unfortunately, they are the majority and are driving the game into the ground.

As for me, I do all I can at my small scale to counter the trend. I have a saying, if some undergoing is not impossible, then it is not worthy of my attention.

You go ahead, PK, humilitate, make quit, swear, "eat tears", argue against free events, put more shiny stuff in L2Store and make sure low paying customers feel humiliated and threatened, it is your choice, mine is to oppose all that, even as I know this is a losing battle.

However, while the ship is sinking, we can still have a nice classical concerto in the luxurious graphic of the game, say our final greetings and disappear into oblivion.

GL, HF!

Thrufir likes this.
  11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

well, this game, and especially server is dead. more likely 300-500 unique players with their boxes left (my guess from what i saw in sieges and in party matching). game, itself, is going opposite way than all mmo games where is easy to grind and collect gear, and after some time you go pvp, here, well, now it's endless grind.
    And now let's talk about new players, for example 7 new peoples, as cp join l2 in any official server, they won't be able to do anything what is for their level after 105-106, where they can go? nowhere. open fields only exp, and even there majority of spots for solo/mini party, no additional income from quests. only one option is to create tons of balok chars and farm it.. like this you stuck on <99 level content for ages. if it's fun for you then go on. but peoples want more, fight for something, or against something. since all locations is revamped for high level players, well, it's ok, but ok for old players, new player with that "exalted weapon/armor" can't do anything there. find clan.. well, what they will get from clan activity? 1b for whole party once or twice per month in best case scenario? and for basic gear you need 50b+ for one person. heal/iss need less, dd's more, and that's not included brooches, talismans and other stuff. only +10++ weapon, pve set and some epics. so if you have free time for next 1 year+ just to get gear come and play. As i mentioned before crafting is dead, somebody in discord mentioned that they gather enough items to click like 10-15 times per day, but problem is aether... and if this problem won't be solved anytime soon, game for new players, who is not ready to spend thousand, close the door at 105-106 level. yes you still can exp in fairies up to 109 or so. but what's from that if you are fartable for everyone with better equipment. that's main problem. And don't mention events. open field farm events with decent income is rare as blood moon on friday 13th.
    now, please, tell me where i'm wrong.

12. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I think you mean EV.
    I agree, after years of mismanagement (caring only for big ebayers and legit donours), what was starting well with bot banning and all, is now lost with unbanned ebayers.
    Game being dead... Well, I am not entirely in agreement here, it has it's die hard fan base and those people are over 30 now, in theory with a lot of spending power, but if they are repeatedly humiliated by staff and ebayers, they will go to NCWest to bot or spend in privates for a week of fun now and then. I will stay here to the end, no matter how many months this will still last, I will turn off the light.
    Without joining a clan and playing full party of newbies, it is hard, indeed, however, with the party bonus and the knowledge on how to setup a macro, taking turns to check on it and allow each other access with TV RDP and whatnot, they can go to Phantasmal and EV for aoe, for example.

Will they be able to take a castle in the first month? Of course not, not even a fort, albeit I am not sure about that, if they know what they are doing, but that is not supposed to happen and it was never possible in thie game, even on a new server where ebayers didnt fully establish their control yet.

During a farming event, if they play intelligently, they can get together at least 150 BN and with that the CP can already do (with a lot of struggle, true) Benusta instances if they know what to invest and where and they trust each other. Will it be easy or will they get superduper drops? Of course not, but they will also be able to farm 2-3 spots at FoS after they reach 107, or stay in the safe EV up to 109, they will be able to farm PI, make some boxes and go for outer, even camille, kill first two mobs at heroes throne and level their clan so they can start taking forts later...

If they decide to join a clan, they can also go with clan/ally to raids, maybe even sieges to watch.

Yes, the game is hard at first, but it used to be harder. I am not sure since when are you playing, but in 2004 was much-much tougher even for crafters which were able to make "easy" money with shots, brigandine and whatnot and spoilers which got enchants and parts/recipes/bones...

I played for 6 months before i made level 40 and finished quests, but already had gear for it, unlike others and was already organizing raids.

After 6 months now, you should be able to comfortably camp Tanor, FoS, daily PI, SI, Benusta instances, Helios, Etina, if you don't then something is wrong, you wasted your time with useless PKs in low level areas and you are KoS, you play just a day or two a week, made a naked DD and struggled at BS, there are many pitfalls if you do not make friends and seek advice.

Bottom of line, you can do way more than you could in the beginning after 6 months of moderate playing without spending anything IF you are not a soloer DD and think you know everything already and dont need advice.

Thrufir likes this.
  13. zauliuz

zauliuz User

FIY that ninja pk guy or whatever he is - it's not related with me. but he did good job. also there was verb who made wars against all lowbie clans, but as i understand he quit. and this one simply pk everyone because f you, items didn't drop.
    And for gameplay for new player.. try yourself how everything is slow, and how long it will gather let's say rune stones for 101 skills.. without help from your main char or asking adena / items in clan.

14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I made a lot of money with runestones, bought them at 30-60 mil after ISSs were reimbursed, sold at 90+ a couple of months later.
    Yes, we have people which come to dailies without level 2 harmony as ISS 105+, let alone other things, but that means that, when they get it, it is a major victory and they see they are making progress. I create the context where they can progress in peace and help enough that they dont get spoilt and think everything is free. We even have a no begging rule in clan.
    I don't need to, as I have said, it used to be way slower. Now I understand other MMOs evolved and this one is no exception, but I think they should have made a different one, like essence and leave us MMO, not constantly chopping out people away with the crazy push only to prop up "whales" and their adena sales.
    He did? What did he achieve, exactly? Did he manage to increase your adena sales? I very much doubt that, albeit it is not exactly impossible. Other than that, 0 effect, or 0.1, driving away a few newbies and some drama so people have something to talk about and give the GMs an opportunity to show they are doing something.

I liked arbogast. I even gave him the honour of PKing every night or selling his location to others. That guy had style and a certain mystery. I can read your greed from a Km and I have really bad eyes.

15. zauliuz

zauliuz User

he got some fun :) that's why games is created, to get fun while playing. You probably forgot doctor, 85 healer who pk every lowbie spot.

16. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I didn't but, again, like arbogast, he had some style. Healer PK? My god, he made me smile each time he PRed!
    I very much doubt that, he just did his job for his boss(es), was also a liar, we had war and he said he stopped PK at BS because we don't fight back, then he goes PK 8x-9x AFK people in paulina gear, obviously expecting a fierce resistance...

17. Notic

Notic User

You should be quiet, wait you should actually delete this forum account all together since you clearly have 0 knowledge of the game for the past 2-3 years but spent the most time telling everyone what the game is about.

I don't know in what cave you live where monthly salary equals 2x PA accounts, but you should leave and check around for better living conditions.

18. zauliuz

zauliuz User

i have one question - it wasn't you and your brother who bought all epics for like ~1k € or so back in the days in one private server, just literally 1 week before it was wiped?
    As for me, was enough 1 week in order to see how bad last update was in order for new/old players who come back after some time.
    unless you are student, or single and take a loan, then you can afford required time and money for game, otherwise it's gg. you can play, but content is limited.

19. Notic

Notic User

Yes, because in 10 days you know everything better than people who actually made it and told you even how they did it with just a few pa accounts.

The content might be limit, but your stupidity is unfortunately unlimited.

GL with your forum warrior career.

20. zauliuz

zauliuz User

my point was simple - without spending money on l2store you won't be able to upgrade your gear in order to be effective in high level content.