1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

Server overload and PK problem

Discussion in 'Activity (Maroon)' started by Radoslaw, Apr 10, 2020.

?

Open new server Essence due overload Blue?

Poll closed Apr 24, 2020.
  1. Yes

35.3%
  2. No

64.7%
  1. iKoobu

iKoobu User

Already lost tons of people and thousand of euros. Let them kill it. Seems is what they are lf. Even with those they still not care so.

2. ZackTH

ZackTH User

Lag went worse with the global voice (latest maintenance), in fact, probably that work as an event listener, which is one of the biggest cost-resource operation and affects directly on the performance, more population means bigger cost, so, as I said, might not be the root cause but could be affecting.
    Keep in mind that writing and storing data (we all know they save all conversations) is at least one thread writing, a poor layout design could be the root cause, for instance, if all IO operations happen on the same disk, including logs.
    So, even if in another server this was not an issue doesn't mean that it doesn't have any resource cost.

3. EmiLF

EmiLF Banned

Meh you're acting like a fireman who thinks the problem it's the smoke and not the fire itself underneath
    Are you trying to say to us all that the real reason why blue was always on normal traffic, and now on high, while red was always on light
    it's the new global voice, even before it was implemented?

Lol yeah

They already know what the real problem is
    hint n. 1 -> free ress -> do you think free ress has something to do with the global voice ?
    hint n. 2 -> removal of dead inactive bodies -> do you think the global voice pks someone?

Why don't you say what's the real problem and why all the people log in only on blue.
    Remove that
    disable the pet system
    problem solved

Btw they should allow to all the players trapped on red to come on blue
    and not viceversa.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  4. ZackTH

ZackTH User

Read the first post I made in this topic, I asked to disable dual box, pet system, and last, global voice, there 3 things together are not working properly, as I said, the third one may not be the root cause but at the end is affecting, so, better to disable an stupid feature.

5. Nikolakias

Nikolakias User

Hello everybody. Guys have you ever try to play to official NA classic? I tried and I couldn't play. Not of the lag but cause of so many bots and third party program. Not with auto farming. Ncsoft don't do nothing for years. Is full of sellers, bots on classic and awakening. O log in with my old account. 97 lvl SK and all spots was full of bots.

6. Miimii

Miimii User

I am so tired of being pked. It happens every 30 min at all popular spots. I am not sure why Innova still keeps it as it is as I don't see any profit out of it. Because players can't reach higher levels = can't buy anything.
    It just doesn't make sense at all.

7. EmiLF

EmiLF Banned

It makes sense if you think you are posting something which will be read by someone who gets his monthly salary no matter what.
    They have a whole server, the red one, almost empty since 1 year. Do you fully understand how many thousand € innova has lost due to kids?

And that's not even the worst part of it.
    Every player on red server has the inventory full of exping boosts he/she can't even use.
    And they are trying to sell to us all even more exping boosts -> look better at the giran seals = +20% exp

The problem is that there's something broken between whoever runs innova sarl and the ones who are the cm/gms in here
    +
    whoever is posting in here as a cm/gm never logged in not even once so they are barking left and right without even knowing what they
    are talking about.

To be crystal clear the main problem is the perma pk as the OP pointed out
    that's why no one is logging in on red server and many from red fled to blue -> high traffic
    you don't solve this problem with free ress because no one will log in on red
    you don't solve this problem sending a bunch of casuals to make new targets for the ones whe all know.

All in all it's like
    ok i've got my monthly salary
    pk? what's that
    who the f@ck cares?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020