1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

PK system & Lag

Discussion in 'Activity (Maroon)' started by Ardyn, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Ardyn

Ardyn User

• Hello, so i gave it a try at L2 essence, it's not as bad as some people describe, i've joined in this last past week and i had to leave a thread here, i will try not to be as toxic as i can be. Atm there are some issues that i really think should be reviewed in matters of gameplay, with this i refer to PK system, its understandable that there are plenty of bots everywhere which administration doesn't do anything about, but PK'ing in L2 and having no consequences? On a server full of donaters? Thats straight bs. Many players complaining in that regard and as a new player its completely understandable.
    • Currently the world is facing some major pandemic, yeah we know that this affects the Online platforms, since pretty much everyone is at home in quarantine and with the increased activitys Online, internet issues, etc. But it's not understandable a business like your's to be having this behavior, you have all the means to change this around and solve the problem and all i see in Forum is nonsense posts. I've started playing 7days ago and all we see is you guys telling us "we're solving the problem", "we're looking into it" and the problem persists maybe even getting worse... As a non donater player i can't even make my daily's without dieing because of this lag, how am i supposed to catch up or to progress? Don't come up with "this version of the game imposes a heavier load than L2", we don't need to know you guys are trying to reach your Korean colleagues, just fix it... Restart the server if it has to be done, do what must be done. We know players will have to be compensated but please, just fix it, the game is currently "unplayable" stop with this incompetence, there are plenty of servers/games out there managing the situation.
    Had to leave this thread in hope of it to be seen by the administration, i sure know that some players agree with me, sorry for being rude.

2. Bistabil

Bistabil User

I'll adress your first point as second problem is temporary I guess.
    Current karma-no-drop bs is really bad and as power difference increases between new and old players, Essence will have hard time attracting new blood.

edit:
    well karma drop concept doesnt exist in many mmorpg's and we shouldnt mix up old lineage 2 chronicles and this new game
    still, game doesn't punish pk's enough
    there are a lot of ways karma penalty could be increased
    below are some examples
    1. karma drop in pvp
    2. no karma cap
    3. no teleports while in chaotic state
    4. even higher stat reduction while having karma
    these are some of the ideas easy to implement and even if karma drop is not reintroduced, gankers should have higher price to pay or Essence will die sooner than it had to

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  3. Ardyn

Ardyn User

Indeed. The poor management this server has is pretty much like a Private server, it's money making oriented. Can't remember when i first ever heard of essence EU but i believe it has years and this "new lineage" actually has potential, just feels bad that the people in front of it don't really care, i had to learn the game from a Russian database, that only shows my point.