1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Leveling is broken

Discussion in 'Activity' started by Fists, May 3, 2020.

1. Fists

Fists User

Leveling in a party is a joke most mobs die in 1 hit in beleth there are alot of solo bots and a party just isnt worth it after 105. There is no content directed at party leveling. No concentration of mobs that need tanking and healing. Is there any future content patch that deals with this issue or can Inova change the state of our server so it makes sense leveling in groups? Should everybody solo level?
    Correct me if I am wrong at 105:

-beleth is soloable.
    -phantasmal soloable.
    -Desert quarry soloable.
    -Hellbound soloable.
    -Tanor soloable.
    -Alligator soloable.
    -Storm Isle 60m.
    -PI 60m.
    -Coal 60m.

So if I have a cp I have 180m of content to level per day. After that is hell on earth to get 2% in 16h with a group. Any cp in the server is happy with this or are cps just supposed to go to classic?

2. CarmenSpectra

CarmenSpectra User

Well...leveling is not broken.
    As you already noticed, the game became a solo game for DD's.
    It is not what it used to be: a party with DD's and support classes.

Imagine you play a support class, how can you hit level 110?
    DD's hit level 110 at lightning speed and you are struggling to hit 108-109.
    Unless you have OP gear and can solo as support class. Yes, I know people who level a support class as DD: they smash mobs as tank/iss/healer but they do have very OP gear.
    Or they do have an alt with top gear to level their main support class.
    But they do need high level supports with very decent gear for high level contents or siege/PvP.
    While people who play a suport class are already rerolled to DD's or quited.

But not everyone on Core thinks that way.
    There are people who do care about their supports classes and they do play together as CP's.
    These are smart people, they know that they will need good support classes on higher level than 105.
    BTW, 105 is the starting level of the game at the moment.

So I suggest you to gather some friends or make friends and form a CP to play and have fun together.
    There is a lot of things what you can do as CP after 105 or higher levels beside some of the area's and times zones you mentioned about:
    1. Daily instances Helios/Baylor/Kama/Gludio/Krofin/etc at 105+
    2. 4 hours per day Swamp of Screams at 108+
    3. 10 hours per week Tower of Insolence at 110+ which you can extend with 2 hours more.
    4. Dragon Valley and Fafurion Temple at 110+ but you will need imba DD's and every good supports because mobs are 119+. You can stay on these 2 places 24/7 if you want and hit level 114-115 or higher.
    In those high level places you will need support classes and supports need to have very decent gear too.

Those area's and times zones you mentioned about, are for low levels.
    You said "mobs die in 1 hit in beleth", well..try mobs in Tower of Insolence, Dragon Vally and Fafurion Temple.
    They dont die in 1 hit even if you have very good gear :)
    You said "a party just isnt worth it after 105", well...a party is very needed after 105 if you want to hit high level and achieve something together.
    For instance: at level 110 you will need Improved Rune stone to learn level 110 skill. These stones are dropped in Tower of Insolence. You will need a party to farm there, even if you have very good gear. Unless you have top of the top gear which worth hundreds of billions adena, or even more.

At level 105+ you can do more as a CP than 3 hours per day as you said.
    You can do:
    1. Daily instances if your CP has good gear
    2. Exalted quest up to part 5, support classes need it too
    3. Leveling dualclass together
    4. Leveling mentees together for Atlast Earring +12 and Expert Mask +5
    5. Leveling main classes in FoS or FoW
    6. Farming Balok for items to enchant or learn skills, or gathering adena for CP.
    7. Discussions about how to improve your CP or just chitchat and have fun together :)

There is a lot more on Core to discover.
    Have fun and good luck on your journey with a CP.

Fists likes this.
  3. Fists

Fists User

Thanks for your extended reply and detailed explanation. Since we are new we don't have good gear at all but I will try and see what content you suggested we can clear! I do hope they bring more group content back into the game.

4. CarmenSpectra

CarmenSpectra User

There are 2 gaps you are facing at your level:
    1. lack of good gear
    2. lack of party zones at your level.
    The lack of gear you can overcome, it just needs time (or real money).
    The lack of party zones at your level also needs time. We will get more contents on coming updates with more party zones.

You said "we are new", so I guess you are with friends.
    That is good, this game is damn boring to play all alone.
    Without good gear, you cannot do daily instances Baylor/Kama/Gludio/Krofin. These instances really need good gear.
    But you can try out Helios. I have a tip for you on Helios:
    The healer hides behind one of the 2 pillars so that Helios cannot debuff the healer.
    The healer uses only Balance Heal and mass purge when needed.
    The tank runs around with mobs but needs to come back to healer in case of low HP.
    Range DD's stay near healer so that healer doesn't need to come out of hidding zone.
    Healer comes out of hidding zone only to use Progressive Heal on one of the most healthy melee DD.
    Later on, with good gear you can smash Helios in 1 min without healer hidding and tank running around :)

Tanor is good at your level and gear with a small party (2 or 3 persons max). You can split your group into 2 or 3 small groups for Tanor.
    When you have better gear, you can even split more: 1 DD + 1 support at 1 spot.
    Keep in mind: level your supports, dont leave them behind. Otherwise you will end up without supports later on.

If you are playing with 4/5 friends and want to play together, move to FoS (Field of Silence, port from Heine).
    Mobs in FoW (Field of Whispering) are immume for almost everything but they do give very decent XP.

This game does offer a lot more then xping.
    Stick with your group, level together and have fun.

Last but not least, dont forget to level a crafter to 106 with dualclass spoiler.
    At level 106 crafter can learn recipes to craft R110 armors and weapons.
    Spoiler is good for enchanting but need as much LUC as possible. And on an enchanting event like what we had last week, you can enchant to the max and get dragon weapons level 2 for all CP members :)

Have fun with your friends!

Fists likes this.
  5. zalouro

zalouro User

yea well people all want aoe, try to do the 40k or 80k quest as a dagger evi or seer (i know they can solo grind) but its wayyyy faster in group and especially in coal but well all want aoe so most are forced to go archer puller mage or whatever. with my alt archer i did 40k quest in 12 hours with evi 3-4 days. imagine now to make them as a seer class. RIP.

game is mostly solo cuz community mostly ***** nobody wants to help if you dont have super gear. and in IT all people dont want exalted gear like wtf and how do i get better gear if i dont do IT and "HOPE" for some luck and get a drop to gather adenas.

Fists likes this.
  6. Fists

Fists User

In a game where information has alot of value I can not thank you enough for teaching me so much in a short amount of time! Just so you get something back:

-We tried the dailys and failed miserably(all 4 of them). I know you said I needed gear but we just went to check it xD
    -Helios will be attempted tonight.
    -We found a kind of suitable place to level with the gear we have at the moment based on your intel.
    -The spoiler is already done because of the past event that was finishing when we arrived.

Do you think the crafter is important at this stage of the game?

And once again, thanks for your valuable information because we were feeling pretty much lost looking at the broken meta of leveling. Has usual l2 needs alot of gear to complete content of the level the char actually is but that is the usual for this game. The extended information on helios is much apretiated since there is nobody currently sharing information(on forums or youtube) or clans worth playing in recruiting CP's with level below 107(and we still miss an active healer) I didn't even bother to ask if we had to be geared kekw.

I really hope that group content gets extended. I don't condemn solo players but thats just not the style of my group.
    May 3, 2020
    I feel you! I have experienced IT and thank god I had the luck of having people with good gear that took me with them because I am a tank. I saw some CP's looking for DD's so you can try that,if you are active you are a valuable player for any CP as far as I know. Don't expect them to take your main... you might have to adapt to the CP's needs but you can still gear your main later after you are doing what they need from you. Money wise I can't help you since I am still trying to find a good way to make adena other then killing bosses.

7. CarmenSpectra

CarmenSpectra User

There is nothing wrong about checking new instances, places you didn't visit yet.
    When you fail, you fall down with a smile on your face :)
    Keep in mind: failure is the mother of success. Next time you will do it much better with the experience you gained.

At the time Helios update arrived on Core, I went with my CP to Helios instance.
    I am healer and I got debuffs so often that I could not do anything for party.
    As result, we all died :)
    We stood up, tried again and again and failed again badly.
    After 2 days I figured out how to do it, I told my members how and we did it with success.
    That was one of the experiences I could not easily forgot :)
    That was more fun than now. Now we entered, bamm bamm done. Really boring.

Is a crafter important or not?
    The answer is yes and no. If you buy an already-made armor set or weapon, then you dont bother about a crafter.
    But it gives an awesome feeling when you do a craft with 60% chance successfully.
    On the other hand, you get mats to craft R110 armors and weapons while leveling. What can you do with those mats? Selling to grocery for 10k adena each? Or maybe try to craft it :).
    Ofc, you can buy a craft service of some dorf. But as CP, it is better to have your own crafter so that you can craft anytime you want.

I dont have much tips for you about Baylor and Kamaloka, they are just hard, especially Baylor.
    But I do have tips for Gludio instance:
    The mobs in this instance are very smart: they are grouped with all classes. Most nasty ones are archers, so kill archers first.
    Then the Iss before it cast BR :)
    Healer mob cast party cele too, just look at the buffs of the mobs and protect yourself while mobs have cele on. Why? Because with cele on, you cannot hit mobs and mobs can hit you :)

In your case, you are missing healer.
    In my case, I am always lacking of tank. There was a short period I had a good tank, mostly I did instances without tank.
    But keep on the faith, your group has tank/iss and DD's. Healer will come soon or later.

I play last 5 years on Core and I am healer.
    If you ask me: what was the best time you had on Core?
    I would say: when we were low level with bad gear. That was the time that we needed to be very carefully with what we were doing.
    We needed tactics to finish an instance with success. As example:
    At that time we needed to kill many thousands of mobs in Giant Cave for Exalted quest. Every time I got killed by archer mobs there. Later on, I figured out how I could stay alive: I always looked for archers and stood behind them so that they could not shoot me down :)
    And now? I just run to a group of mobs in Gludio and let them hit me, I dont die anyway. That is boring.

Have fun and keep on the faith!

8. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

I suggest you to join Discord server, you would find more help or people to advice you.