1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

[Guide Contest] Long Story About DeathKnight

Discussion in 'Players Guides' started by kScarlet, May 20, 2020.

1. kScarlet

kScarlet User

Sever: Red

Toon: urFear

First Things First, this guide based on my own experience as Dk and i’am pretty sure some people won’t agree with my opinion but just lets give a try to it.
    Leveling:.

Lv.1 - Lv.40
    There is not so much to talk about if someone already played essence, to get lvl.40 is simply just go do the starting quest follow them, kill mobs there then there 1,5 hour and it is done.
    Lv.40-Lv.76
    After you got lvl.40 you go High Priest Orven in aden, just do following quest you are getting Pendant,Cloak,Hat you take them then u go straight to:
    Cemetery Kill 500 mobs to unlock 3 following quest.
    1st: Field of Massacre: Kill 500 mobs: It will give Magic Charge Potions and Sayha’s Guts
    2nd: Plains of Glory: Kill 700 mobs: It will give Magic Charge Potions and Sayha’s Guts
    3rd: War-Torn Plains: Kill 100 mobs: Magic Charge Potions and Sayha’s Guts
    Note: Do not use Magic Charge Potions and Sayha’s Guts before u hit lvl 70 because its simply just a waste, u have to use it when u got a bit more lvl for damage but u have to use all your Sayha’s Guts before Level.76, because u are unable to use after.

After you have done these quests, just go Exp on War-Torn Plains till lvl 70, after that the best place for leveling Dk on Afk mode is Devil’s Isle, small rooms a lots of mobs, 1-2 hit everything. You are fine there even with C-grade Weapon,Armor,Jewels.

Lv.76+
    After you got Lvl.76, u can keep grind a bit on Devil’s Isle but honestly the best for Death Knight is Tower of Insolence Floor-1 or Dragon Valley, you don’t have to farm anywhere else.If you don’t have more than B-grade stay in Toi-1 you can stay till 80+ on Toi-1 Good Xp,Good Adena you have chance to get A-grade Jewels.
    If you are willing to get A-grade Dragon Valley is more worth just because u can get A-grade Armors any time.

Note: If u can get C-grade weapon +8-10 just simply use that for Xping/Leveling because it costs 1 Soulshot compared to B-A-grade 2 Soulshot.

Pve:
    As a Death Knight pve is the most easiest, mostly things are 1-2 skills you are not dying with like 20k Potions u can grind and afk farm 24h+.

Gear for Pve:
    As i mentioned before, if u have B-grade u can simply just grind Toi-1 without problems.
    If you have an A-grade go DragonValley.

Armor:
    B-grade: just take Blue Wolf its not expensive at all.Even if u are with B-grade Try to get any A-grade Gloves for additional Dmg/Attackspeed.

A-grade: Well if u simply just want to level, Tallum is for you because its super cheap u can get it on market and it does the job

Weapon: Try to take C-grade +8-10 if u cant just go simply with Any B-A grade.
    Note: As a DeathKnight you can use only One-Handed Sword

Jewel:As a DeathKnight u dont have so much mdef on low lvl so i prefer you guys to get a full B-A jewel set, so 100% u wont die.

Dye: +4 Str -4Con for pve u don’t need better, if u lack of Adena just go +3 -3 it works good also. The reason for -Con, u dont need max Hp for pve.

SoulCrystal: Tyrr/Othell Just Simply because more Attack Speed more Critical Rate on Auto Attacks more farm speed. Forget about Yull that's simply not for DK.About the rest SoulCrystals , u dont need them for PVE.

Brooch: First Spinel lvl3 then Onyx,Coral,Zircon.
    Spinel is important because it gives simply way good things compare to anything else. On Lvl.3 60.pdef 30.Mdef Con/Men/Dex+1 and 20Mana Recover is just Huge.

Skills:If you don’t want to have Mana problems get your Drain Magic Energy on Lvl.2 but don’t get on higher lvl, just simply because it’s way too expensive.On Lvl.3 it costs 30kk+1 Book.
    Note: If u are Richy Rich just learn it fully and u never again will face Mana Problems.

Note: With Death Knight pve is the most easiest just because it's simply have great Damage and Killing-Speed for Grind.

If Someone looking for great Box just simply for farm, just Create Human Death Knight its does -pdef on Auto-Attacks so in afk mode it will be the best.

Solo Raids:
    Lv.70-80:
    You will have 0 problem to farm lv.70-75 solo raids.
    You can farm them until lv80 till that don’t even try to get lv.80 solos.

lvl. 80: It will goes only for ppl who have less gear and not part any Bigger Clan. As Dk if u want go and do level.80 solos. You need full A-grade and Nightmare Light Gloves and Boots because of life leech, you won’t kill level.80 solos without these items.
    And If you want to try to get easier lvl.80 Solos, go
    Meanas Anor,Nakondas,BlackLily,Paniel the Unicorn,Beacon of Blue Sky these bosses hit less compared to other lvl.80 bosses.

Pvp:

Armor:
    Both Ice Crystal and Lightning Leather set is good. You have to get also Gloves of Silence and Majestic Heavy Boots.

IceCrystal:
    More Hp More Defense.
    LightningLeather: More Damage

Weapon: Syrras Blade +5,ZakenSword+5-6-7
    Jewels: Phoenix +4-5 Jewel Set
    Dye: With an Elf Death Knight i have +Str -Dex just because i have a sprit passive skill for additional Attack Speed.
    [​IMG]

SoulCrystal: If you are not fully stacked with epic jewels lvl.3 just go Sigel and Tyrr you need to have almost constantly 1500 Aattack Speed.
    Note:

Sigel:
    Definietly for getting more Hp stand more Dmg.
    Tyrr: Your Hellfire and Field skills, CastingSpeed is based on Attack Speed, if u are getting pulled into 40 enemies in MassPvp before you Die because u will doesn’t matter what!?! You have to Use Hellfire and Field, probably you will bring some ppls with Yourself in death.

Brooch:I don’t rly care what other ppls says but first is Spinel lv4/Opal Lv4 then Onyx lv4,Coral Lv4,ZirconLv.4.

Skills:

First Things First: IF u want play pvp as a DK you must have
    [​IMG]
    Without this , u will function only as a Frontliner Puller, your toon never will function fully.

For getting this skill you must be Part of Any Bigger Clan just no other way to get it.. and From Random Craft, I wish Good Luck to get it, u will won lottery faster.

Additional Skill You Must Have For Fully Function in Pvp.
    [​IMG]

HellFire Cost:200.Dp

ForzenField,BurningField,LightningField costs:300DP, After lvl.85 250.

If u go for mass pvp you need to be always on max DP to do your skills in the middle of enemies or simply just on the backline.

Note: IF you want get Devour you have to be also part of BiggerClan, because it drops from Lv80 GroupRaids.

[​IMG]
    Hellfire have a huge aoe range, awesome Dmg and well -40% P/M def is huge.
    If you are getting pulled in mass pvp the first skill you will tap.

Note: IF you want get HellFire you have to be also part of BiggerClan, because it drops from Lv80 GroupRaids/QueenAnt/Zaken/Orfen/Core.

[​IMG]
    Frozen Field: It's great Damage and Massive Freeze in huge aoe range this skill is one of the most strongest aoe CC in game and it have a chance to affect people’s with Frostbite from Call Of Frost.
    Lightning Field:It’s Dramatically Huge Damage in massive aoe range and it also affect people's with Shock Effect from CallOfLightning.
    BurningField:It’s Huge Aoe Damage in massive aoe range and it also affect people’s with Burning Effect from Call of Flame. The burning effect from Call of Flame.Burning effect just simply amazing because it does Overtime Dmg and also -pdef/mdef.

Note: IF you want get Froze/Lightning/BurningField you have to be also part of BiggerClan, because it drops from Lv80 GroupRaids/QueenAnt/Zaken/Orfen/Core.

[​IMG]
    You need to have it on Lvl2.
    I hope i don’t have to explain it why -10% Received Dmg is Good.
    Also its rly strong against ranged attacks.

Note: You can get it from Dragon Valley Solo Raids.

[​IMG]
    Fear is Magic.
    In middle of enemies u can fear a lots of ppl with this, you need to have it up on mass pvps.
    Sometimes its a true cancer in 1v1.

[​IMG]
    In the whole game and in 1v1 it’s the most annoying skill.Just simply it puts u in a cage and u are completely unable to do anything.
    and if u are Elf.. it have 10 second duration with 20 second reuse.

Note: You can get it from Lv 80 Solo Raids.

[​IMG]
    If u are not on max attack speed, just dont worry use this then u will have it.
    In mass pvp if u dont have max attackspeed be sure to use this skill then get pulled.

Let’s talk about 1v1 and MassPvp.

1v1 : I don’t care about 1v1 so i won’t waste any time to explain it.

Mass Pvp:

In Mass pvp with Death Knight you will be frontliner, i know frontliners should go all the way on defense, but if u are DK just go all the way damage because at the moment on the stage of Essence its a Pull Game.

Poke/PullGame: Two clan standing in front of each other pulling each other for 30 min trying to get more and more people’s down from the otherside. As a DK u trying to get not pulled but pull people’s.
    But if u are getting pulled you are dead doesn’t matter how badly stacked you are.But atleast if you are pulled do a pleasure for your clan Press Hellfire/Field and probably u will bring other ppls to Death also. If u are not pulled but you are pulling ppl.If u pull someone make it sure u pull it between 20 ppl atleast so 100%Dead.

Note:Well i know people’s pulling people’s with Next Target and doesn’t matter who.. they just pull in.Don’t do like this, if u are pulling fully stacked DK between ur clan members it can bring no more than DEATH to your whole clan.Because simply fully stacked Death Knight is able to erase people with aoe from the BattleField.

Rush:
    But let’s say it’s not a pull game mass pvp.Just a rush into them.Don’t flag first wait until that moment when the whole enemy clan is flagged Rush into them,Rush the backline.
    Press Hellfire/Field.

Note:
    If u are looking for which Race you should choose, which Dk is the best.
    You just go Dark Elf definietlly the most Strongest DeathKnight from all.Just simply because it have more damage in general and Hex even BoneCage is reduce Pdef/Mdef and lets say Hex+Hellfire Combo then you 1-2 shot everyone with DarkElf.

"I don't like Dark Elf Race/Classes" they are simply overboosted since day 1 of l2.

Last edited: May 26, 2020