1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

[Guide Contest] Returning player guide: Pick a fighter, any fighter

Discussion in 'Players Guides' started by BonesRED, May 20, 2020.

1. BonesRED

BonesRED User

Hey all, I'm Bones and I play on Red server.

I have levelled most of fighter classes with little to no investment to 76 and higher.
    In this guide I will go through every single one of them to help you pick your starter class.

To what extent does this guide go?
    1. First, I assume you know the basics of L2 and I will not go in depth on that.​
    2. Every single class can be competitive with a big enough investment.​
    3. I will cover every class and the difference between their counterparts from other races.​
    4. I will give my personal opinion and rating on all of them.​
    5. Overall opinion is based on the amount of items invested for each char and their ability to perform both in PvE and PvP.​
    6. What items to spend adena on.​
    7. Where to level.​

Let's start with the newest class, Death Knight:

Since it is a new class, it's got to be good, right? Oh yeah, it's very good.​
    Death Knight looks good and is easy to get into.​

Basically, it's passives are overpowered, it's skill powers are overpowered and the buffs it can cast are overpowered. Whether it be PvE or PvP, this class excels at it.​
    Also, for some of the core skills, you're gonna need a spellbook. Unfortunately, they are hard to come by as they are mostly dropped by raids.​
    For example, Ultimate Death Knight Transformation (P. Atk. +40%, P. Critical Damage +40%, P. Skill Critical Damage +40%, Atk. Spd. +50%, Speed +5 for 20 minutes) is absolutely insane, both in its power and its rarity. Only a handful of Death Knights will have it.​
    But nevertheless, even without it, Death Knight is still a terror in everybody's eyes.​

Death Knight is available to 3 races: Humans, Elves and Dark Elves.​

Humans have access to Call of Flame which decreases HP and defenses of attacked enemies.​
    Elves slow enemies with Call of Frost.​
    Dark Elves can paralyze enemies with Call of Lightning.​

Dark Elves also have Hex which in my opinion places them above others​

• Pros
    - Extreme single target damage.
    - Can do AoE farm after 76.
    - Has a 700 range pull that can get your opponents to the middle of your party.
    - Can potentially be stronger than any other class.
    - Doesn't require much to get started with.
    - Infinite mana with Drain Magic Energy.

• Cons
    - Not the highest speed.
    - Endgame items cost a lot.

• Overall
    Humans and Elves - 9/10 ⭐
    Dark Elf - 10/10 ⭐, 1 star higher because of access to Hex, and their starting STR is higher than the others.

Next up we have Daggers:

It hasn't been a good chronicle for daggers so far, even though they have decent survivability, their damage is subpar. Dark Elves lead the way with access to Hex (again), with Humans behind them and Elves dead last.​
    Elves don't even have the 2nd profession crit. damage passive like the others do. I would advise you to stay away from them, at least for now.​

• Pros
    - Good evasion, shields don't reduce it anymore.​
    - 1v1 PvP is good.​
    • Cons
    - Slow farm.​
    - Needs a lot more than other classes to be even slightly competitive.​

• Overall
    - Dark Elves - 4/10 ⭐ - Highest potential of all 3.
    - Humans - 3/10 ⭐ - No Hex and Mirage got changed.
    - Elf - 1/10 ⭐ - Don't do it if you love yourself.

After that - Archers:

Everyone was playing these bad boys at the start of the server. Their farm got nerfed (many mobs now have bow resistance), but they are still decent.
    Every class except kamael gets a good buff at lvl 60.​
    • Pros
    - Ranged​
    - Mass PvP king​
    - Great endgame grind​
    • Cons
    - Not that great with levelling items.
    - While AFK farming you won't pick as many drops as melees.
    - It needs a lot to be strong.
    • Overall
    This is a late game char and it's gonna need a lot of items.​

- Kamaels - ?/10 ⭐ - Kamael Archer aka the infamous farmer, you will see many levelling zones filled with these guys and not many in the endgame. Won't run out of mana and can keep going with starter weapons. Great as a secondary char (adena farmer).​
    - Dark Elves - 8/10 ⭐ - If it was me, I'd pick the dark elves again, it's buff increases crit damage, it also has hex (and again) and can also passively regenerate mana after 76.​
    - Humans - 5/10 ⭐ - Best range of all with its lvl 60 buff, although it decreases speed. Can regen mana with Pain of Sagittarius. ​
    - Elves - 2/10 ⭐ - Highest attack speed and lowest range with its lvl 60 buff, only class to not have a mana regen skill of all archers. Elves getting no love again.​

Bladedancer and Swordsinger:

The kings of self buffs.​

• Pros
    - Absolute joy to farm with.​
    - 10+ self buffs is awesome.​
    - Great damage.​
    • Cons
    - Catching up to the target is a problem, no rush skill.​
    - Not good in mass pvp.​
    • Overall
    - Bladedancer - 7.5/10 ⭐ - Basically 10/10 for farming and a 5/10 for pvp. Also, keep in mind that you won't get dualswords as a reward for the newbie quest, but, even a single sword is good enough to farm with until later levels.
    Has vampiric rage buff.
    - Swordsinger - 7/10 ⭐ - Pretty much the same except for no vampiric rage.

Tyrant:

This is how it feels to be on steroids. 3 totems that will make you as strong as a bull and 2 limits that will make you melt anyone or anything within seconds.​

• Pros
    - Great damage.
    - Very high speed.
    - Can kill solo bosses in 15 seconds.
    - Activate limits and you can easily take revenge against everyone.
    - Has melee skills, ranged skills, rush, stun, knockdown, invincibility etc. Jack of all trades.
    • Cons
    - Burns through soulshots like a hot knife through butter.
    - You're gonna have 0 mana while farming.

• Overall
    8.5/10 ⭐ - Thick, solid, tight - would recommend.​

Warsmith:

A pleasant surprise when it comes to farming, that's about it tho.​

• Pros
    - Don't need any spectacular items to be a formidable farmer.​
    - Great sustain thanks to class skills.​
    - Golem is awesome​
    - Can easily farm TOI 1 with Aden weapon and Moon set.​
    • Cons
    - No things to craft.
    - Terrible pvp.

• Overall
    - 5/10 ⭐ - Good option as a secondary char.

That about sums it up for classes I've played, more classes will be added as time goes on.

Next up: Where to level:

AS MELEE:

1-40: Pretty self explanatory, quests will guide you, it can be done within 2 hours.​
    40-45: Sea of Spores. do the quest.​
    45-55: Cemetery. This is a tricky one, you could do the quest and go to Fields of Massacre when you hit 50 AND have enough adena to learn Recover HP lv. 2. Most likely, if it is your first char, you won't be able to, but don't sweat, just stay in Cemetery for a bit longer.​
    55-68: Fields of Massacre: Good adena, good exp and lower population. Stay in the north or west parts.​
    68-72: Zaken's isle: Some of the classes are going to be strong enough to handle it right away, if you can't, try Necropolis of Devotion. The reason I didn't immediately add Necropolis to the list is because you will get PKed often there.​
    This is gonna be a rougher part of your levelling.​
    72-78: Cruma Tower 3rd floor: The new zone, mobs are hard even though they are level 65-69, but they give good exp and as far as I can see it is not as populated as some other zones. ​
    Keep in mind that when you hit 76 some monsters will start turning blue depending on the room you're in. An alternative is Tower of Insolence floor 1.
    ToI is a great zone, even better than Cruma Tower, but with 4 rooms only and many players being there, it might not be as fast as Cruma Tower.​
    78+: Cruma Tower 2nd floor, Tower of Insolence 1&2, Dragon Valley:
    DV - DV mobs give most adena but the zone has least density, meaning that you will walk a lot between mobs. Also too many people are there but you can try farming there at nights, just keep in mind that you might attack a Solo RB and die if you're too weak.​
    TOI 2 - Same story as TOI 1 - only with another room in the middle.​
    Cruma 2 - Best exp, ok adena, and mobs are close together. ​
    ENDGAME ZONES: TOI 3 and higher, Orc Barracks:
    These zones are very tough, but if you've already made this far, chances are you a good player and will know when you can start farming there.​

ZONES TO AVOID:
    Plains of Glory, War-Torn Plains - Archer fest going on there. You'll barely be able to hit some mobs.​
    All Necropolises - You'll get PKed often. ​
    All Catacombs - Low mob density, you'll find yourself standing still a lot after clearing a room.​
    Plains of the Lizardmen - Archer and mage fest.​

AS ARCHER:

1-60: Same​
    60-70: Plains of Glory​
    70-76: War-Torn Plains​
    76+: Plains of the Lizardmen & Dragon Valley​

Inbetween those, it is important to do Special Hunting and Orc Fortress zones every day.
    Orc Fortress happens every day at 20:00 CEST, all you have to do is teleport there and find a party to kill some mobs. It rewards you with 150 million experience.​
    My advice is to always try to get Sayha's Luck(activates upon using any item that gives Sayha's Grace) active before doing Transcendent Instance Zone, so you don't start losing Sayha's Grace rapidly, and use every single XP booster you have (Sayha's Gust/Storm etc.).​
    Primeval Isle 60+ - My advice is to use Sayha's Gust (Sayha Storms) when farming there whether or not you have Sayha's Luck active, as the zone gives -50% to Sayha consumption. ​

And last but not least: What to spend adena on:

First of all, you won't get much adena until about lvl 50.​
    At this point you will probably gain enough adena to buy every spellbook for basic buffs.​
    After that it's a top priority to level Recover HP lv. 2 and then Recover MP lv. 2. They cost 1 million adena each but they enable you to farm in tougher zones.​

At this point you should be around lvl 55-60, now is time to start buying items from 'Adena items' tab in L-Coin store.​
    Try to buy Talisman of Aden and Dragon Belt kits every single day. Most of your adena between 60-70 will go there.​

Optimal enchants for those items at this point should be +5 for Aden and +3 for the belt.​
    Chance for +5 Aden is 1 in 7.5 which means with average luck you should be able to get +5 Aden after a week.​
    Chance for +3 Belt is 1 in 8.33.

At that point you should be between around lvl 70.​

You should still be using Aden weapon as it is as strong as a C-grade weapon +7 at its highest level (it gets there at 75)​
    Also, if adena is scarce, it's time to stop buying Aden and belt kits for some time.​

This should be enough until lvl 76. At this point it's time to start gearing up. The best method for making money is basically buying cheap items you find, and making an alt to sell them for a higher price while you farm. ​
    It requires a lot of patience but it can also build an empire from scratch. Other things are making many alts to farm, or hoping to get lucky from Random Craft. Eventually everyone will get something from Random Craft but it's the best to look at the things you get from there as a bonus.​

Main things to buy at 76 are NM Light boots and gloves which give 2% vamp rage passive each and a low A-grade weapon and enchant it to +4, it will be stronger than highly overenchanted B-grade weapon but it won't cost as much.​
    Chances are you will get some weapon and armor coupons from Random Craft that will help you.​
    Also buy 2 ToI rings and 2 DV Earrings as they are dirt cheap and have good m. def.​

Now, it's time to start buying kits again from Adena section in L-Coin store.​
    Optimal level for Talisman of Aden is +7, for which the chance is about 1 in 71 and +5 for Dragon Belt with a chance of about 1 in 79.​

The second most important talisman is Talisman of Authority. It is not available for purchase with adena and at the moment not available in L-Coin store except through 'Dream Box' promotion. With a decent drop rate it might be a good idea to get some L-coins if you can afford them. ​

Priority for putting talismans into your bracelet should be:​

- Talisman of Aden​
    - Talisman of Authority​
    - Talisman of Speed (Don't buy it, you'll get enough through weekly missions.)​
    - Talisman of Eva​
    - Venir's Talisman​

At this point you should try to finish your armor set, get a decent cloak, work on your jewels, start evolving your spirits, etc.​
    As you get stronger you should swap NM boots and gloves for Majestic (+50. atk speed).​

WELCOME TO THE LATE GAME

Thank you all for reading this and I hope to see you in game.​