1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[Guide Contest] General guide for returning heroes!

Discussion in 'L2 Guide Contest' started by MagikElf, May 21, 2020.

1. MagikElf

MagikElf User

Hello guys, MagikElf here from Core(+Tiat) server.

I've seen, during this lockdown, a lot of old players coming back to the game and don't know where to pick up and what to do next so in this guide I will try to explain what is best to do!

[What to do first]

First, if your character is Lv. 104 or lower look for a mentor, now the mentorship program is for everyone under 105 Lv. If you have a mentor when you hit 105 will get Graduation Box with some nice items and consumables. The easiest way to find a mentor is to write in world chat that you are looking for one, for that use symbol "&".

The next step is to go and visit Tarti in the town of Gludio and start Where Fates Intersect quest. This is the beginning of a series of quests which will give you very nice items. The quests are mostly related to farming which you can easily finish by setting a macro. When you start exalted quests I recommend finding a party to do them faster, every member of the party will get quest items from mobs.

One more thing to do as soon as you log into game - open homunculus tab (the red heart) and hit "Come to me" (you will need to pay 1kk), this will start the time bar which needs 24 hours to fill up, also you will have to sacrifice 100x10k HP, 10x5b SP, and 5 bars VP. As soon as all bars are filled you can summon one random homunculus. Homunculus gives different bonuses and depending on your class you will have to decide which one is best for you. Also, they come in 3 levels, general/water/luminous. You would be interested in luminous which is top grade, I recommend to try and get top-grade and just then level it up.

There is a good daily instance similar to kartia labyrinth called Kastias Labyrinth, after you defeat the final boss you get a box with various useful consumables, just choose the appropriate Lv. and do it. Unlike Kartia labyrinth here you don't have level requirements so if you feel strong enough you can try Kastia higher levels.

Before you reach 106 you can enter a Session Zone called Abandoned Coal Mines, it's easy to find a party and do it together, I recommend using all XP consumables you have while in then, with a good party will get a lot of XP.

Once per day you can get from olympiad manager Rune of New Legend, nice rune which will boost your XP, damage, and defense for 2 hours, try to get claim it before entering instances or session zones.

[How to make Adena]

After Lv. 106 to level up efficiently and to join parties for instances you will need good equipment and I'm going to give you some tips on how to make adena to buy it.

Mentee Graduation. An easy way to make adena is to create boxes and level up to 104.99 then sell mentee graduation. With auto-hunting system and unlimited mentor buffs you just have to leave them on the field for several days and just check if someone did not PK you. Easier to level up are ranged damage dealers (yuls/feohs). Bonus, after finishing quest Noble Material you will get a circlet of choice which you can exchange in any town at Special Game Assistant for Noble Circlet Upgrade Stone and sell them.

Marks of Battle. Every month try to make 25 olympiad matches(if you make less you won't get the reward) on as many boxes as you can. Even if you lose them all, at the beginning of the next month you will claim 800 Mark of Battle which you can exchange for various items and sell them, before exchanging make sure you check that the items are tradeable.

Fishing. Probably the most effortless method to make adena is fishing. Speak with any fishing NPC in any city to buy fishing shots and baits, also you can buy there rod, although I would recommend to buy Fancy Fishing Rod for faster fishing, know that they are very expensive. Recommendation: don't exchange powerful fish to elcyum and sell it. Due to the current event elcyum is very cheap now, better try to sell directly the fish or just keep it for later when the prices will rise again.

Kartia's Labyrinth Lv. 95. Even if is not that popular now, kartia's labyrinth is still good for drop and especially kartia lv. 95. After defeating Kalios you usually get 1 R99 armor/weapon fragment, 1 R95 armor/weapon recipe, between 2-6 Elcyum Powder and R-grade armor/weapon enchant scroll, sometimes you can even get Karti's 95 pass so you can do it twice. The best drop would be R95 weapon recipe which you can sell in grocery for ~14kk, 1 R-grade weapon enchant scroll~10kk, 6 elcyum powders~20kk, R95 weapon fragment sell in a grocery store for ~1.5kk so the total will be ~45kk
    The easiest classes to do it solo are summoners but also Tyrr's, you just need 1 more character to enter. For better drop/dmg try to enter with lvl 99-100.

Crafting. While hunting in zones Lv. 103 and higher you will gather crafting materials and the most important, will get Aether which is needed for many items to craft. I recommend gathering enough to craft R110 armor parts. Before deciding which one to craft, check Auction House and see which parts are the most expensive at that moment and then craft it and sell for maximum profit. The chance is 60% but if you are successful you will make a good amount of adena. Also, I recommend not to use crafting services from dwarfs in Aden but make your own crafter. You will get money for making it 105 (mentee graduation) and also save up adena on crafting as all recipes you need can be bought very cheap from recipe merchants in any town. Bonus, you can offer crafting services and earn some extra income.

Mentee marks. You get mentees marks when your mentee hit Lv. 84, 99, 103 and 105. Since you are selling it only before it hit 105, you collect all the Mentee's Marks from lower levels and can use them to buy different items, but the only tradable are Blessed Scroll: Enchant Circlet, Blessed Scroll: Enchant Bracelet and Blessed Scroll: Enchant Dragon Shirt. See the current prices on the market and decide which one will be more profitable, exchange, and sell.

Balok. After recent update to enter Balok you need a command channel of 14 people and people stopped doing it. I consider that it is still very easy and worth doing it. All you need is 7 people who can log 1 more box. Create 1 main party with characters Lv. 99-101(ideal party) max 103, and a second party which can be any level and which will be used only to enter the instance. Once you are in, the main party stays and the second leaves instance and command channel. Even if you are locked in the prison and teleport out to escape you will be able to enter back. The best and easiest is to do this with friends or clanmates. Bonus, in the same format you can enter and do Istina Extreme, it's easy to make it and you have a chance to get any of the Istina jewels which can be sold for a good price.

Auction. In Giran there is a special Auction manager which has for auction one random item, (you can check what item is being auctioned at that time). Check in Auction House manager to see what is the minimum price of that items to have an idea of how much it costs (items in AH tend to be overpriced), check if you have enough adena to buy one or at least close and participate in auction. Everyone is entering their bid in the last 3 seconds so here is a matter of luck. If you make the highest bid among every participant the item is yours. Don't get too competitive and enter an amount higher then the items actually costs :)

Events. Probably the best time to make adena in-game is during events. Events are different, some of them require to invest EUR some not :D. I think here is self-explanatory and I don't have to stress this subject too much. A suggestion here, NEVER buy event items in the first days of event, only sell. If you really need something just give it some time till the prices will stabilize and then buy what you need.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that we are able to seal Sayha's Talisman Lv. 7 or higher, more people are having it and are looking to buy Venir's Talisman Lv. 12 to activate sayha's bonuses and are paying a lot of money for it. Venir Lv.12 is cheap to make as compound chance is 95% at all levels and you can buy Venir's Talisman Lv. 1 from Accessory Merchant Ceri in Faeron Village for only 1.25kk. It will take a lot of time but you will save some adena :)

I see also many people losing a lot of money for buying items/resources from other players for much more then you could buy even in the grocery so I highly recommend before buying anything, if you are not sure about the price, do your research. Maybe the item/consumable you need can be bought in grocery for a low price or can be easily crafted. L2wiki is your friend here, it's a huge database with almost all items (and much more) you can find in game and methods on how to obtain them.

I hope it was helpful and you found out something new!

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. zauliuz

zauliuz User

iirc craft r110 is available for dwarfs only. at least patch notes says that.
    one tip from my side:
    even if you don't buy PA you can log 2 windows for short time. it's ~10-30seconds window, so it's enough to enter kartia95 (party), just you need bring both chars near npc, or invite your 2nd char as mentee.

3. MagikElf

MagikElf User

True, only dwarfs can craft R110, that's why I mentioned about creating a dwarf for yourself.

Thank you for the tip, didn't know that you can stay logged for a few seconds, 30 sec more than enough to make the party and enter Kartia.

4. zauliuz

zauliuz User

problem with crafting is - it's dead. you must play 25/8 with that dwarf for like half year in order to make 1 click for r110 weapon or armor part. unless something was changed with aether and you can get them easier.
    anyway.. there is quote about l2 devs

5. MagikElf

MagikElf User

Yeah, to craft any R110 weapon you need 11316 Aether and since there is a limit on Aether, you can get max 120 per day it will take you 95 days (fastest possible) to craft one weapon and since crafting is only 60% chance, is not worth crafting weapons. Instead, I recommend crafting armor parts, which will be much cheaper, for gloves and boots it requires only 1478 Aether which you can gather in 15 days.

I really hope that the drop rate will remain the same or even better, will increase :D

6. dhakwan

dhakwan User

I've tried it, just because I was curious :D Spent 50kk on lvl 1 venirs and ended up with 1 lvl1, 1 lvl2, 1 lvl3 and 1 lvl6, so 50kk makes 1 lvl 6, then it should cost 3.2b for 1 lvl12(with no failures). Since they're selling for 3.8b in AH atm, it's almost less a risk to buy at that price nowadays.

But thx for the cool guide, I'm sure gonna try out some stuff ^^

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  7. MagikElf

MagikElf User

Prices came down very quickly for venir, I needed one as well and couldn't find anyone selling lower then 5b, that's why I decided to add that note. I did the calculations as well so in order to make 1 lvl 12 Venir you need 2048 lvl 1.
    2048+1.25kk=2,560,000,000 with the condition that all compounding is successful. But it will be roughly around 3b so 3.8b is a good price to save time wasted on compounds :D

8. Kalatarus

Kalatarus User

Unfortunately doing it yourself, even with probability calculated, you could still spend 5b and never get it. :(

9. zauliuz

zauliuz User

chances to compound venirs lowered?