1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

[Guide Contest] Thingies - an Essence Item db

Discussion in 'Players Guides' started by Harkon, May 21, 2020.

1. Harkon

Harkon User

Harkon
    Server: Blue

[​IMG]

Thingies - a Lineage 2 Essence Database
    or wth is a Spinel Jewel Level 4?

"real Orcs dont read manuals" - famous last words from an unknown leader of the orcish tribe, so here we have a FAQ instead.

-= The Good =-

Q: What is this?
    A: Basicaly an Item Database for L2 Essence.
    Equip your char with (almost) all the fancy gear Essence has to offer, and get a short description about the Item using the common L2 shortcuts (p.attk for physical attack for example) like in the screenshot:

[​IMG]

Q: That's it?
    A: The sheet does some basic calculations. Your stats (str/int/dex/wit/con/men) will be updated according to your gear. Notifications pop up, once you hit the breakpoints:

[​IMG]

It also shows the weapons p.attk/m.attk depending on your enchantment level and the weapons grade. Same goes for your Armor and Accessories.

[​IMG]

Q: Ok .. and how do I get it?
    A: Follow the download link at the end of this guide. It's a Google spreadsheet, so you need to import it into your Google account.
    Open Google Calc >> Link to Google Calc (you need an account, you can either use your playstore account from your smartphone or your youtube account or just make a new one, its free). Import the file from the download-link (at the end of this guide)

It's only meant to be used with Google calc, so don't try any other (offline) spreadsheet app, even if the file is in Excel format. It will not work very well.

Q: And how do i use it?
    A: It's an unprotected Spreadsheet .. so please only fill the light blue cells with your data ->

[​IMG]

------​

[​IMG]
    Cells with an arrow are pretty powerful. For example: To add a dye to your setup, just type "wit +4" and you will get all available wit+4 dyes. Same goes for armor "blue wolf" will get you all Blue wolf armor types, etc

>> Dont put data in cells that are not light blue (or light yellow/orange) <<

-= The Bad =-

Q: Are there any limitations?
    A: Yes, there are almost no syntax checks. There will be no error if you equip a level 1 brooch with one jewelry slot, but choose 5 jewels later on. Also it will not check if your class has a limited choice of dyes ... you are in your own hands, the spreadsheet will not set the appropriate limits

Q: And what is this black magic, on top of the sheet?

[​IMG]

A: Its an essence alpha fork of the famous l2calc that was originally created by Nyo (with the help of many famous players) back in the golden days of L2. I once adapted it to L2classic.

Q: Wow ..
    A: Yea, if I put it that way, it sounds a lot better than it actually is. I was about to delete it, because it needs a lot more polish and most of the results are just inaccurate and wrong. But i decided otherwise, to put some pressure on me to make it better, and although it does not show the in game reality, at least it gives an idea what the different items do to your stats.

Q: Ok, so everything is false math about the stats?
    A: Not all ..
    m.attk is somewhat close,
    pdef is correct if you just wear an armor, but if you add pedants etc it escalates pretty fast with wrong numbers.
    p.attk .. meh...

Sadly there was just not enough time, and i didn't had the gear and the chars to test and verify the other stats. It is basically the L2classic calculator with some minor adjustments. Its a "bonus", don't look at it as a part of this guide-competition (Its not a part of the guide-competition)

The statcalculator requires a lot more work and even more help from the community to make it accurate. If you want to report an error, do it with different setups and try to locate the item that forces the wrong result.

Q: How do i use it
    A: After you put in all your gear, you have to check your buffs. Open your status window and enter all passives and clanbuffs, dont forget the clanleader-buff.
    Then you enter the active buffs, the basic buffs are predefined and i added a few Overlord buffs as well.

[​IMG]

Q: Anything else?
    A: if you want to have the top lines not to scroll out of the screen you can freeze them >> HOWTO fix horizontal lines
    And you can rename the spreadsheet to have an individual copy for certain buffs, setups or different chars

-=The Ugly=-

Q: But there are a lot more buffs .. class-spezific buffs .. and even more passives.
    A: Yes, due to the time-thingy i couldn't include them all. But I made a universal buff-table, that you can use freely to set up everything. Enter the value of the buffs exactly according to the ingame-description, don't mix up percentage and static-values and you are good to go :)

[​IMG]

-= the end =-
    may the Flamelord be your light in dark places

---->>>> Download Thingies 0.1b

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Qimath likes this.