1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

How I started playing Lineage 2 Classic

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by Rancho, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Rancho

Rancho User

Hello everyone,,
    This winter I found myself alone at the party: two of my best friends got children in 2017 and were busy with their families, whereas my romantic partnership wasn’t promising at all, as my fiance left for Bolonge for studies. So I decided that nothing can cheer me up better than long winter evenings spent in a fantasy world, and that is why I started looking for an MMORPG to play. I was nostalgic for the old Lineage 2, like C4 Interlude Chronicles. So I browsed through the options.
    There are freeshards, but the servers don’t live long, they open and close quickly. I didn’t want to lose my game values or donate much, so I began to look at the official publishers. It turned out that Korean developers have released Lineage 2 Classic. They call it ‘a relaunch of the legendary MMORPG with old school mechanics and modern interface’. I decided to give it a try.
    There are NA and EU servers. After doing a research about NA servers, I dropped them. People say that you can’t achieve much with the free version, but the in-game store is a pure pay-to-win. So I decided that I would play on the EU server Skelth by paid subscription system. The class of summoners is famous for its self-sufficiency, so I chose it. I created a beautiful blonde female elf :3

[​IMG]

I received a Newbie gift at start. This is a special set that helps new players to evolve their characters with lvl ups. I got a temporary C grade equipment and a special item to wear it without penalty.

[​IMG]

The grind was easy enough and I fully enjoyed the beauty of the starting locations. It was exciting to come back here after so many years. You may notice that the graphics of the game has been improved.

[​IMG]

Just watching the world is very nice. The eye truly rejoices around. Lore is far from the main point of Lineage 2, but exploring the world is very interesting. Perhaps, I will find some time and make a post about the world of this game.

[​IMG]

I raised level 20 pretty quickly and made a quest for the first profession transfer. This was the first significant step towards this large open world grind and PvP content. Now I was a real elf magician! In a heavy armor ha-ha (I just ran out of mana).

[​IMG]

I thought that in C grade equip I could farm Cruma Tower (location 40+), but the monsters quickly explained me where my place was :D. Kind Seytoon set me on the right way to destroy gnolls. Thanks, dude!

[​IMG]

Here I quickly got into my first group! We destroyed the gnolls all night long. To be honest, I even feel sorry for them, someday anybody should have to stand up for their rights …

Hessiano likes this.
  2. Rancho

Rancho User

Any reply guys,.

3. Astronauths

Astronauths User

damn man, if that ain't nostalgic!
    i am 18 years old and i have a brother, around 15 years older than me. he would play l2 when i was just 2-3 years old. i have came back to this game in private servers many times but i gave up because i wasn't a big fan of mmorpgs but nowadays i always felt i want to play this game. although the game doesnt have a huge population (i remember few years back, some successful private servers made my brother really hyped for 5-6 months but after that they are dead too. i would play there but things were difficult hahah) and now i am here playing some l2 (not classic though) just so i can enjoy few hours of gameplay. wish people would come back to this game, just for a winter. a huge server full of old school people. a new classic server. that'd be dope. your story was amazing man have a great day!

4. Jon Irenicus

Jon Irenicus User

I started playing back in 2004. Can't even remember what server that was but I know it was one of the official servers. I fell in love with the game just by how beautiful the world is. I played a lot and played daily, back then lvling to 30 was very very hard, took months to reach that level. It was very fun too, got into group of daily players an we hunted mobs daily.

Sadly my luck turned bad and I was almost living on the streets. Financially I could hardly feed myself how much about owning a pc with a good internet connection. Took me years to recover and during those times one of the things I missed the most was playing this game.

Now I'm happy to be playing this game again and is a kind of confirmation to me that I made it through the worst times. I no longer find those friends I played with before but I found a good clan with some crazy ppl and it's been very fun.

Yeah a lot of ppl hate this game but for me, it's something that I was missing that I recovered after I lost almost everything.