1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Help a new player

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by Mithrellas, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Mithrellas

Mithrellas User

Hello,
    I have not played the game in 7 years. Yesterday I created a new character and now that it's level 99 I don't know where to get the money to buy R99 items. I sold everything my old character had and got some 500kk adena that isn't enough for anything and I wonder if there's a way to farm adena of which I don't know. Do I need to buy R99 items now at all?

P.S. Is there any use for old items (B, A, S grade), should I auction them or should I just sell them at the NPC store? (I do like their looks, and they remind me of the times when A was the highest grade and getting even top B grade items was a dream).

Any help would be appreciated!

2. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

Hmm, you didn't receive paulina/exalted gear by following the quest line ?

With that, you don't need R99 unless it's overenchanted and/or pve armor. There is no more grade penalty, you can wear R99 stuff on lvl1 toon.

Farming adena is a pain nowadays and at your level, there is no big place for that. Game has changed a lot since 7 years.

B-A-S grade items for appeareance ...

3. Mithrellas

Mithrellas User

Thanks for the reply. I did receive Paulina's armor. And I'm using an R95 weapon that I had from older days but it takes so much time to kill BS monsters that I thought I needed something better, and I'm always out of mana.

Do you mean that I can add the appearance to higher grade items with using these?

4. NeoTiger

Killing just taking time or party people. It's hard time for newcomer. Let me guess, since you are running out of mana, are you playing a feoh ? :D

Yeah, with weapon modify scrolls. There are still on the market. But once applied as appearance, the weapon will be destroyed.

5. Mithrellas

Mithrellas User

No, I'm Yul. Good thing I didn't go for Feoh. But it's strange. I was 98 in that swampland near Dark Elven Village and I used same skills non-stop and I always had full mana. Now I'm 99 in the BS and no mana. Idk what could have caused this drastic change.

6. NeoTiger

There is a bug making your mana to not regen like normal in the party. For that, need restart character and remake the whole party. Long time I didn't go to BS so cannot check mana regen.