1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

Questions about Soul Hound

Discussion in 'Players asking players' started by lRaptorl, Sep 24, 2020.

1. lRaptorl

lRaptorl User

Hello guys

I created a Soul Hound a little while ago to help in the adena farm, but as I'm not used to the class I'm a little lost.

Is it worth using spiritshot on it, or just soulshot?

Dyes focused on what status? and when to get 3 jobs, extra points in which status (dex, wit, str, int)? As he has physical and magical skills, I don't know what to do.

I'm using the macro with "Soul Spark", "Rush", Soul Thrust "," attack "and" Absorb Light Soul "exactly in that order ... any other good skills that I am forgetting or should I increase some?

I could only remember these doubts for now

Thanks

2. Defjam1122

Defjam1122 User

I am also using absorb dark souls because it gives a good boost on farming speed when transformation kicks in, specially level 2. I do use spiritshots because most skills have some magical dmg, soul spark is 100,,% from m.atk I believe. When it comes to dyes the obvious choice is str as it gives u both p atk and m atk on this class. I never played this class before but being a noob as i am i do pretty well so its an easy to play class.

3. lRaptorl

lRaptorl User

understand. does it not pay to put in DEX until you reach the first bonus (critical rate) and then put in STR? Another thing, the dyes are taking away from CON (the class has so little :( )

4. Defjam1122

Defjam1122 User

Take from DEX intstead of CON, I know it sounds crazy but since you hit mostly with skills dex is not that important.. very few classes using dex here afaik, put an example I use a bit of dex on my bd ( mostly normal hits)

5. lRaptorl

lRaptorl User

I thought that the skill critical chance were affected by the chance that dex provides.

6. __i7__

__i7__ User

For each 100 ss tikets u can buy 70 soulshots and 30 spiritshtos, even u not use the soul spark u have a passive that give an extra magic attack when u hit with atack skills or debuffs (yes also debuffs , have the same chance to proc).

If u're a just pve , not need dyes and go full str on points(76+) , if u're main and 83+ and do some pvp go for +4str -2dex x3, or in the third slot put +4con -2 dex to reach 50 con till u improve your items, and if u do, go for con on point status trying to avoid one shot in aoe dk. In late game(venir ++ etc) u go full str - dex. More p.atk = M.atk and both gives a nice damage.

For pve just use soul thrust, if u have full A maybe not need to use light souls, but , if your mana down fast u can use for fast recharge.

Its a good class and very confuse on start, but is very strong on pvp to kill robe users when under lv 2 dark form, if u have enough patience u can steal some buffs to balance some item that u miss.

7. lRaptorl

lRaptorl User

thank you very much for the tips, i'll watch the video yet ... about the skill use i did a simple test and using only soul thrust i can farm approximately 240k of adena per hour. Using soul thrust + soul spark this value reaches 330k per hour .... at least with the equipment I have, it seems like a big difference, but I will perform more tests.

8. FaeLenKz

FaeLenKz User

And how can i get the book from lv 1 to lv 2 souls?
    Its is expensive?

Thanks

9. __i7__

__i7__ User

Well, before this last new update of orcs etc, looks all drops get nerfed in the servers, i didn't see any of those books and crystals dropping since update, (red server), before that, tower of insolence bosses had a good drop, well, looks they want to make drop chance useless to sell all for giran seal on cassino screen. Devour, Elemental burst ,and various skills that are important in pvp just vanished from servers.... gj to the devs to make the game worse as essence proposed in the start.

10. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

@__i7__ what A grades would you use on a PVE SoulHound?

Majestic Boots / Gloves + 3x BW Heavy?

11. __i7__

__i7__ User

Go for Full Nightmare light, except helm, use dark crystal helmet robe , bcs of p.def , mp recover , and also have a usefull m.atk.

12. Masa5

Masa5 User

What would be your Weapon reco?

13. Kronos

Kronos User

Is it still ok now in 2022? Or better take something else? What about pvp set setup a grade +5?

14. __i7__

__i7__ User

L aready sent on pm to you, but for pvp, ice crystal set with silence gloves and evasion boots + mana helmet, or more end game, protection gaithers heavy, protection chest light , but still full mage INT and soul spark skil usage.