1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

New Player could need some advice.

Discussion in 'Players asking players' started by Drolmood, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Drolmood

Drolmood User

Hey,

I started this game 2 days ago with a Sylph on Rose but didn´t really dig the aesthetics and rerolled an Elemental Summoner.
    After doing quite a bit of research for this game I still have some questions and hope someone can help me with that.

1. Read multiple times that you can have a good experience in this game,without selling your soul and unborn child, by playing a summoner. Is this still the case? If yes what would be an overview progression wise? I read the Arcana Lord Guide on this forum (because the skills are somewhat interchangeable I guess?) but I still could use some help with the differences.

2. Are there some event items in the L-Store I shouldn´t miss before the event ends? (Beside the gambling ones, not wasting my money on that.)

3. I created my Summoner on a new Acc, so I can dualbox with the Sylph. Is this a good class for farming or is it too expensive in the long run?

Last but not least: Is it allowed to run a second PC for another dualbox for farming, if yes what would be a good set up? Kamael Archers?

Thank you in advance for answers. :)

2. CoffeAddict

CoffeAddict User

1. No if you want to be competitive, any class is alright if just want to play the game.
    2. Yes, Charging box and 2xSupply box for 10k adena each on the event store tab.
    3. Yes, afaik there's no thing as expensive class but classes that farm faster like archers in general specially the kamael.

3. Drolmood

Drolmood User

Thanks for the answers and clarification . But I still have some questions.

1. What do you mean with competitive?
    I'm mostly interested in PvE, is Summoner a good choice for that? And what items should I opt for?

2. Yeah, allrdy thought that myself. But what about the L-Coin Stuff?

4. CoffeAddict

CoffeAddict User

Competitve is to participate in end level content like sieges/bosses/disputed farming zones, sure you can do all that as a f2p player but you will get punished by whales while contesting these stuffs.

There's only rng boxes (aden box, jewel box). I suggest saving your L-coins and wait for the next event.

5. Skigge

Skigge User

With the launch of the silph update both eu and ru now know what became a common practice in korea, expecially
    for the live servers, after the korean playerbase sent a petition to the korean government to ban any kind of lootboxes from
    every videogame published.
    As as result now in game there are events where you may exchange l-coins for an item (it could be berserk scrolls, or, generally
    speaking, giran seals) and with this "second item" (berserk scrolls or giran seals) you may get, through the game assistant,
    the item you need 100%, no gambling whatsoever, knowing since the very beginning how much that item will cost to you.

Be advised the 100% goodies, and the 100% it's exactly what you should be looking for when you read an event description,
    are mid tier items, for sure not suitable for top end pvp but astonishing for pve only players.

The list is really huge, circlet of hero 100%, agathions 100%, brooch jewesls 100%, and long.
    At the moment there are two 100% events (tomorrow one of these events will end)

https://dev.l2central.info/essence/events_and_promos/482.html?lang=en
    https://dev.l2central.info/essence/events_and_promos/499.html?lang=en

So, tldr, when there's a new event look for the words "exchange chance 100%"

6. Drolmood

Drolmood User

Thank you very much, that was very helpful. Espacially the Part with the Game Assistant, didn´t know about that. :)