1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

New Yul

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by Shaniya, May 19, 2021.

1. Shaniya

Shaniya User

Good evening everyone!
    I recently started playing the game again after many years and made a fresh character, yul gs, lvl105 with exalted gear, currently lvling my dual class which is a yul too.
    What i would like to know is what gear should i buy and in what order, for example "first you will buy "x" bow enchanted to "+x", then you will buy "x" armor enchanted to "+x" etc, considering a budget of 50-60e monthly (not including PA). After some research i found out that i must focus on gear and upgrades with pskillcrit damage, pskill crit rate and pskill power but i want to avoid buying unessesary stuff or minor upgrades due to ignorance or buy expensive stuff which will help the character min/max the stats instead of mandatory upgrades.
    Im mainly talking about pve at first and when the character will be able to sustain itself (in time) i will focus on pvp upgrades.
    Thank you in advance :)

2. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

You've gotten most of answers on Discord. Your goal will be to start gearing your Yul and increase its dps. You aim first for the cheapest items providing the biggest boosts (the one with good ratio boost/price).

Some players will go straight for a better bow and some others, building step by step the gear and go later, for a better bow. The 20€ pack is good for starter.

Basically, you shoud end with this improved setup that:
    - R110 PVE bow +6, +8, +10. Up to you if you want to go for higher enchant or for a Supreme bow ... Just it costs a lot
    - R110 armor set +10 or an upgraded exalted armor
    - Whatever sigil
    - Exalted Cloak by completing Exalted Quest. Can also go for Nevit Cloak (20€ per month) or make a PVE Cloak +7 (can cost a lot)
    - Radiant Warrior Circlet, better if +5
    - Dragon Ring Leather Shirt, better if +5
    - Dyes: 3x Legendary +5 str +1 dex or, Legendary lvl5 (P. Skill Power) + Legendary lvl5 (P. Atk) + Legendary lvl5 (P. Skill Critical Damage)
    - Lydia, Gustav or Nurka Belt. Monkey belt is better. Ruler Authority lvl 1 is the best.
    - Angel Ring +6 or +8. The other ring from the 20€ pack or Tauti
    - Atlas Earring +12 is free to make. Even the improved ones, it's just a lot of mentees. Other earring is whatever
    - Valakas Necklace. Blessed Valakas is more expensive but it's the main goal
    - Abundance talisman lvl 1
    - Venir Talisman lvl 12
    - Sayha Talisman 8
    - Longing Talisman or more
    - Yellow talisman (30 days) : P skill crit damage and the one with cooldown
    - Brooch 4-6 slots
    - Ruby 5, Opal 5, Emerald 5, Red Cat Eye 5. Better if you have Greater Jewels
    - Lucien Bracelet +10 Atk. You have missed the event anyway. I don't remember which Bracelet 6 slots are now available ... or you grab a Kaliel Bracelet to enchant for the future
    - Artifact books lvl 3 filled with whatever artifacts just to get the bonus
    - Artifact +3, +5 ... focus on the ones giving damage
    - Agathion Charms

Don't forget to work on skill enchants and forgotten book (Patk mostly). I may have forgotten some basic items.

How you upgrade the gear in a higher stage, we will see later. Check the market to see the value of some of those items. Venir/Sayha 8 are cheap to grab for example.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  3. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

u dont need game advice u need go back to school and learn math, same thing for neo tiger.

50% of 100 is 50

50% of 1000 is 500.

with this in mind just think a little, no matter how many shi*ier smalls boosts u have, they ll matter poopoo if u dont have p.atk to multiply.

so first get powerbow or dragon bow(the best), then just seek the items that give u the bigger multipliers

i had this same talk with the noobs on discord, like 90% of the ppl on discord need to go back to school to learn the basics cos they dont know anything.

btw im not trolling or flaming, im just telling facts.

ps: in before some business man comes to play! i had 3k+ p.atk bow in the past without "small" boosts, today i have all the boosts and no 3k+ bow. i was able to do imperial tomb solo at 108 with that bow, at 109 with all the boosts in the world i cant.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  4. Dr4k0n

Dr4k0n User

bow then armour then other goodies and you need a lot of adena for it and i mean A LOT! so better to focus on how to earn some before you go for some upgrades ;)

5. Shaniya

Shaniya User

Thank you very much for your insight :)

I guess you are right, even though i dont know how school would help me understand that because i have no idea how the dmg calculation works in lineage2.
    Moreover, what i meant about minor upgrades was about upgrades that are not mandatory or shorterm upgrades that will need to change very soon after the purchase.
    The guidance i seek is the order i should buy items because, as you said, there is no reason to buy a ring which gives me x% crit dmg instead of a bow which gives me x% of patck or the cost of a +12 bloody r110 bow is too much for an upgrade to a +12 bloody r99 bow because with the adena difference you could buy a greater gem f.e. or the dmg difference is not that much, instead save adena to buy a pve cloak.
    Anyway thank you for your contribution :)

Thank you for your advice, but im pretty sure without some gear first, the adena you can farm is very limited and counterproductive, thats why i said im willing to spend 50-60e monthly. My plan is beside this amount of money to create mentees and sell until my gear is good enough to make grinding provide some adena.

6. Pleistoros

Pleistoros User

Can you elaborate? your post have no meaning as it is :)

Regarding Shaniya question answer is simple: with 50 euro/month budget you will equip your toon at decent(low mid gear) lvl in about optimistic 40-45 months. If you think that is a resonable time then follow NeoTiger advices except weapon(for a DD minimum acceptable is +12 R110 PVE x2 lvl8 SA, Shilen 8 and 450 att atack)...and trust me after 3-4 years of playing(I ment suffering in frustration) you will not need advices from anyone :D
    May 20, 2021
    Nobody have idea bro...not even korean devs. Why? They modify so many times toons stats and how they work and now i dont think even them know a straight answer on that matter.
    For example for ISS Patack scale horible versus damage...example: 200 000 patack>>>30 000 damage per mob but same toon&gear with all brs up and stuff cca 2.5-3 000 000 patack will do 42-45 000 damage on same mob, thats stupid :)

7. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

i already explain, and u repeat it again...

scenario 1: +10r110 bow, that means more or less 100k p.atk with rose, u ll be dealing more or less 35.000 skill critical dmg

if u buy a +7 pve cloack u ll be adding +.atk+7%, P. PvE+7%, P. PvE damage +50% when using attack skills.

then sometimes u ll hit (35,000)+(7% pve) and sometimes u ll hit (35,000)+(57% pve)

scenario 2: dragon bow lv1=double the p.atk. meaning???

=================================###=================================
    every class on the game have breaking points/soft caps that u ll need to surpass in order to get higher bonuses,

archer skilks attack with X Power added to P. Atk. Disregards of target's P. Def.

EACH TIME U BREAK A 65K P.ATK BARRIER U HIT HARDED AND HARDER

same goes for dex

80 dex gives u X% of critical rate
    to get X%+1 u ll need 100 dex,
    to improve it u ll need 110dex.
    to go further, 130 dex.

all the number between 80 and 100 means a boost that u wont even see the difference, but when u reach that 100 dex the boost ll be evident.

same with the p.atk, the increase ll be evident each time u add +65k p.atk to ur stats.

=================================###=================================
    the best boots from the minimum amount of items

1. power bow (dragon bow preferable)=+30% skill.cd +30% skill. cr
    2. two +6 rings=+30% skill.cd
    3. greater ruby.

8. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

dont know what lv is ur iss or what mobs u are killing, but mine at 109 on 100k p.atk, do crits on 105/107 mobs for 65k+ with CC.

when i br the crits with CC goes up to 120k+ and if i double br cos mine is a bladedancer, the crit.damage goes higher than 300k.

9. Pleistoros

Pleistoros User

It doesnt matter lvl or mobs, the point was patack dont scale with the damage you make...and ofc its important to get as much as you can but its not a priority if your toon its not hard loaded with many other top items.
    Putting a dragon weapon on a "nacked" toon does not improve your gameplay at all...

10. PrideBrasil

PrideBrasil User

how the level doesnt matter?????????????

accordint to p.atk dmg nothing changed since counter critical was add into game, they just up upscale the numbers and add more "range" to p.critical dmg and so far i didnt saw anyone talking on what is the current cap for that.

btw i remember i ask that on discord once when i was about 70%+ critical damage. AND LIKE ALWAYS WHEN SOMEONE ASK A THING THE MATTERS, THE GUYS ON DISCORD DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, not a single reply.

its always the same bs everytime.

at least i ll be fair with one thing, some players once on that discord "tried to explain the math" behind the attr.atk x attr.def talking about what was the minimum to overcome penalty and the talk over pretty fast. roflmao

more p.atk = more dmg.