1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop % and level factor

Discussion in 'Game Questions' started by balthier92, Jul 3, 2021.

1. balthier92

balthier92 User

Does level difference affect drop rates here?

2. Chayze

Chayze User

No, level dependent drop rates are not activated on the prime server.

3. balthier92

balthier92 User

Can anyone from the server support stuff confirm it? I feel like every time I out-level the area, drops get lower. First time it happened in TF2, now on G.Pecos.

4. FouLou1988

FouLou1988 User

I did kill Dustiness to get Moth wing with level 36 swordsman. The drop rate of moth dust should be 90% (+30% increased droprate from cash shop buff) should be over 100%.
    I did get moth dust every 3-4th Dustiness, so it seems like either the droprate ist different in general or level dependend since the mob is a 47+ For no exp penalty in renewal.

So I would guess it is active……

5. Adeodatus

Adeodatus User

According to Divinepride database, the drop rate should be 45% for Moth Dust on Dustiness, it's only 90% for KRO, at least as long as these numbers apply to this server.
    About the premium boost: my guess is that it's not actually 30% boost but an additional chance of 30% that applies if an item does not drop on the RNG roll. In the case of Dustiness, you'd have a basic drop chance of 45%, and an additional 0.3 x 45 = 13.5% drop chance in the 55% of cases where the item does not drop normally. Now, if I average that by the drop event rate (0.45 in 45% of the kills and 0.135 in 55% of the kills), the average drop chance for Moth Dust should be 27,675% per Dustiness killed, reflecting your experience of 3-4 Dustiness per Moth Dust dropped.

Of course, this is all but my personal theory, but I think the drop rates of the databases are not accurately depicting the actual events in the game, which is why this might be the reason.

6. Hugag

Hugag User