1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[13.08] Event: Let There Be Blood

Discussion in 'Game Events' started by CM GodFather, Aug 12, 2021.

1. [CM] Helper

[CM] Helper Banned

[​IMG]

A loud thud was heard outside Prontera’s south gate, monsters are trying to invade the city and seek revenge from adventurer’s that have consistently slayed their family and friends.

Show these daring monsters that your blade is always ready for more of their blood and prove that you are the real nightmare to be feared on this Friday, 13th.

What: Invasion event
    Where: Prontera’s South gate
    When: Friday, 13th - 18:00 CEST

2. Petite vache

Petite vache User

Roda frogs asking for revenge after the Sea Hunt event.
    A giant roda frog spamming Earthquake is expected.

3. Orphea

Orphea User

Quick feedback to this event.

Instead of spawning a ton of low HP mvps that warrant fun / acutally currently useful loot (screw the market, right?) / Xp only for Biochemists due to the massive amount of players and only this one class being able to get a meaningful amount of damage done before the "MVP" inevitably dies in a few seconds, please take a look at the monsters Gravity intended for this type of events. I've even done the work for you and found some of them:

https://www.divine-pride.net/database/monster/2075/e-vadon-x
    https://www.divine-pride.net/database/monster/1876/lord-of-the-dead

accompanied by 1 000 angry bombrings for example, just for flavor.

If you wanted every player to have a chance at rewards then you could simply increase the amount of XP these would give, and I'm sure everyone would be much happier to participate without creating TONS of mvp items within an hour without even clearing out our Bloody Branches from our storage.

Here, you could have even taken some of the higher tier Geffen Magic Tournament npcs as mvps for this event, like Fay:

https://www.divine-pride.net/database/monster/2563/fay-kanavian

Or Reaper Yanku, just remove the Hero Prize drop

https://www.divine-pride.net/database/monster/3029/reaper-yanku

You know, something that would actually live long enough to warrant fighting and trying to get XP from it, WITHOUT the unneccessary flood of items?
    It's not only my opinion either, we've been talking with a lot of people during the event and my message is a combination of our thoughts.

JesterK likes this.
  4. Zatch

Zatch User

I agree with what Orphea said.

It was obvious from the first second that this would be an event for a selected few only: Creators and Champs. The ESL called one or two High Wizards to the game, but that was it. Not only did we flood the market with MVP items for no particular benefit for anyone but a few people who managed to bug into the center of the mob of people who tried to sweat some loot, the only people gaining any meaningful XP were Creators and Champs, with the first being ahead by a mile.

I was there as a 99 Lord Knight: Did not receive any loot, died a ton so I was mostly walking back just to repeat that process almost immediately, had no fun at all. Then I switched to a lower char and shared with a lvl 90 Creator who gave me 2 levels, but I had to make sure that I stayed away for almost ALL of the event, since most MVPs oneshot the whole screen every few seconds.

If by any chance I tried to participate, it would have been a net loss.

I mean sure, if I had disregarded the fact that I would have lost XP instead of gaining any, and if I had just tried to snag some loot instead, I might have had a bit of fun. But honestly if you adjusted the type of monsters you spawned I think more people would have enjoyed it and not just the elite of the server.