1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

configuration file

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by NemesysX, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NemesysX

NemesysX User

as most of us know modification of client isnt allowed but
    some ppl do modify it.
    why innova cant modify this lol 4 mb file so we can all actually play better.

for some weird reason video buffer is set to = 32 mb
    as many of us did on others servers if u modify this option to smthing like = 256
    your lag goes to smthing like 0,001 ms.
    you have maximum fps.
    and instant screen loading after tp or in crowded areas.

since we aint allowed to modify it @ this server.
    can u pls modify it for us?

2. Gilby

Gilby User

im curious more about why korean retail has optimized 512mb cache l2.ini and rest na/eu/ru are stuck with 32mb cache :d

3. Etherial

Etherial User

nemesysx it cannot be modified since god i think, is not just for innova. but a proposal same as your was made some time ago by one of the moderators. and since innova is not allowed to modify anything, innova is waiting korean's repsonse.

4. randomm

randomm User

for 512 mb video cache u should have video card with minimum 2 gb ram. many of us have it, many don't. the 32 mb video buffer is a minimum requirement to launch the game so all pplz can launch it (even the ones with integrated 256 mb video cards). a solution will be providing a setup. exe file that can detect the system specs and choose the optimal settings for that system but this is a dream for ncsoft. another solution would be providing beside the default l2.ini file with 32 mb video cache other optional l2.ini with 128/256 and 512 mb video buffer. who knows how to overwrite a file will choose the correct file for his video card, who doesn't..... rtfm or play in bad conditions. this is a marketing situation because ncsoft don't wanna limit their users because they have weak computers. in korea they raised the buffer because 90% of korean players are joining the servers from icafe's that have top computers.

5. Yukikaze

Yukikaze User

so assuming that this video buffer **** is the reason of the awful performance of the game, the majority of the player base is screwed during mass pvp (the main feature of this game) because of a few players with wood pcs? wtf? is this a joke?

edit: oh well, we are talking about ncsoft here, nvm...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  6. Gilby

Gilby User

well its not 1990 anymore even wooden pcs have now minimum vga with 256ram :d

7. randomm

randomm User

yeah but for a video card with 256 mb recommended buffer size is 32 mb :) that's why they keep this buffer at this low valor, so that any1 can start the game.... playing experience is another thing, but some1 with a 256 mb video card will be happy that the game is starting and he can play, even if this is with 10 fps in low traffic areas. the ideea was that ncsoft can create an after intall setup that can detect system specs and set buffers and performace according to those.. but talking about ncsoft i rly doubt this will happen any time soon, even if this setup thing is rly easy to do.

8. MiuMiu

MiuMiu User

that suggestion for the different l2.ini files with the bigger memory buffer is there for 2 months now :( suddly no answer if it can be done to our servers . nckorea have that when they launch the game they can choose what buffer they want to use .

let's cross fingers and hope that they will change that shortly because just 1 line in l2.ini (not even 1 linejust some letters) and change the fps in croudy places for 500% .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  9. randomm

randomm User

i don't think koreans launch game from webpage, i don't know for sure how they launch the game, but to use a launcher with setup u need it like application. they could make for eu servers a setup.exe like most of the games have. setup autolaunches at first game start (or not). if is not auto launching and u don't execute it manually u play with 32 mb buffer and that's life... if u run it u truly can enjoy the mass pvp experience. kinda sick of photo albums at sieges and i have pretty good config.

10. NemesysX

NemesysX User

no offence but maybe we could get an official responce and not a forum moderator?
    there used to be a section - ask questions directly to korean developers. how about that maybe.
    i repeat no offence just suggesting.
    cuz if i find the decryption i can promise u i will use it...
    like randomm said, i want to actually play.

11. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

and there still is such a thread if you search it ;) https://forum.4game.com/showthread.php?t=8494

12. MiuMiu

MiuMiu User

koreans have regular launch for the game like it was all those years and when they install the game they choose their graphic card memory . at least what i did when i installed korean client :)

no offence at all my friend . i wish for an answer at that thing too :)

13. Nemezida

Nemezida User

there is a popular belief among players that changing "video buffer" (although in fact it is not) may increase the performance. however, it is a misconception. given the features of unreal engine the code does not employ the parameter further on.
    the fact that size-changing of "video buffer" does not influence the performance has been confirmed by one of the developers of the unreal engine daniel vogel.
    we have to remind you that according to the user agreement players mustn't modify game files, otherwise it is followed by a penalty.
    innova, as a publisher, works on terms following the contract with ncsoft and all files are being programmed by the developers and then delivered to innova who is also, just like players, not to modify the game files.
    also please note, that in this particular case it is altogether the engine's feature, that is used for the game.

sincerely, nemezida

14. randomm

randomm User

so then why koreean client can modify this video cache?
    and why if u modify the video cache size game performance improves? and no, increased fps and instant load of crowded areas is not placebo effect......

15. lonewolfGR

lonewolfGR User

do we have any news about this matter?

16. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

please see nemezida's earlier post

neither the players or innova are in a position to modify files so unless korea decide to modify it themselves for us then there isn't anything we can do from our end.

regards.

17. Hidrica

Hidrica User

we want fix for lags :%

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  18. Razzly

Razzly Banned

this topic is older than 30 days and will be moved to the archive section . if it's needed to be open again, please send me private information,

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.