1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

Lineage 2 Europe VS Lineage 2 Essence

Discussion in 'Players asking players' started by SirWire, Oct 14, 2021.

1. SirWire

SirWire User

Hello! I've tried it in several places already (reddit, other forums) but there was no meaningful answer. What has happened to Lineage2 lately? What is this "new" Essence and what about the "old" Lineage2? What I’ve always called “GOD” since Free to Play was released in 2010. Will there only be updates for Essence now? Or can someone summarize the differences / similarities between the 2 in 10 sentences? I really miss the "old" L2. I started playing in 2003 and I don’t know how the whole thing has progressed so far. I don't want to play on a private server, but please help me which version is closest to the "old" L2. Thanks to everyone who reads and tries to help me choose. I wish you a nice day!

2. xHaseo

xHaseo User

None of the 2 versions.
    Both are HEAVY P2W abuse and penalize you if you don't pay as much as necessary.

Let's say that between the 2 the Essence is the "closest" thing to "classic l2" but that's not so true.

GOD and Essence are both alive, in korea, so both games get regural updates, while "classic" version failed and in EU the server were shut down around a year ago.

Essence has old classes, you might recognize some things from H5, but for the most it's all new, with 2 new classes, a 3rd one incoming and all classes reworked for a solo-game.
    GOD is an "alternative universe" where basically toons went into a 4th class, unlocking infinite potential. It's totally different from "old l2" or "essence", with GOD being WAY FASTER on anything (PVP is way faster there, beside the oneshot parade due to the insane p2w, all classes have faster pace on skills and things, making it lighter...while essence looks the other way around, every fight feels heavy and slow...hard to explain!)

Only problem with this Essence in EU is that servers are pretty much gone, i'm not even sure they have 100 unique players around...and those left are like lv 87+++ with IMBA p2w so it's impossible for a newcomer to enjoy the game or even aim at that. As for the EU GOD servers idk the situation, they looked lively but i don't play there, hard to tell since all i've seen was from streamings.

3. SirWire

SirWire User

Thanks for the reply from everyone! In summary, the "official" part of the game is dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2021