1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leveling Up Spots or Techniques

Discussion in 'Game Questions' started by BlackZero500, Jan 2, 2022.

1. BlackZero500

BlackZero500 User

Hey there,

I know Ragnarok a long time now ever since the first time ive got a 7-Day free trial in the Kids Zone Magazine about 20 Years ago or somesuch. I always liked the game but i seldom got to play as long as i do now. Ive got to a point (Monk 70/40) where i dont really know how to level up Properly. If you google for some guides its mostly level spots that are vastly different on this server or even quests that do not even exist. So now i ask, is there a good way for me to level at this level? I get that its a bit grindy and so on but i cannot bear to kill sohees for hours and hours to only get one levelup or two a day. It would take a boring eternity to finally get to the point where i can even Trancend my Character.

I tried to find good places for myself but either the Monster density is too low or the monsters are too weak or too strong and so on. And sites like ratemyserver or somesuch wont help much in terms of finding good monsters for exp because the rates and even spawn points are completely different.

Can someone help me out a bit? Id really like to play on but im grinding the same spot for ages now.

2. -Barak-

-Barak- User

1. Ratemyserver is the most reliable site, but you have to set it up properly by checking the box for "renewal" and set the exprate to 1.5 (if you have premium). You also should mark the box "not dropped by monsters" (if looking for items) or "naturally spawned" (if looking for monsters).

2. This server here is massive pay 2 win, so if you are willing to pay a decent amount of euro, your time will be much easier. Else, stay on a map with good drops, even if the exp is not as good, just to earn zeny.

3. If you feel, that on level 70 your leveling up speed is not fast enough, then wait to reach 94+. We don't have the real renewal exp table here, instead it is roughly trippled. Check this thread and open up the spoiler button to see, what table is used here.

4. If you level you should stay in the exp corridor, explained here.

5. Since I don't know your build or what gear you have...on level 70 you are in range of porcellio, which can be killed pretty fast with a fire weapon for example. Stay there til job 50. After that, good old bathories are an option.

Good luck to you and greetings from another old (p)euRO player ;)

3. BlackZero500

BlackZero500 User

Hey there. Thank you for the explanation. Its a shame about that whole pay2win theme. But is there a good server that is better on that front?

The tip with the Porcellios is good i will try that and also the one about ratemyserver. Finally its correct. I just did not notice which options i should check.

4. Mustermann

Mustermann User

Hi, in my experience there are six main active leveling spots where you can pretty much always find a party and get decent experience to level up fast:

Level 10 - 25 or 30
    Spores in Payon Field 08 (one left of Payon)

Level 25 or 30 - 35
    Big Foot in Payon Field 07 (one south of Spores) Here is a little difficult to find party, if you don't find one you can stay longer in Spores or convince your Spore party to go to Big Foot)

Level 35 - 55
    Orc Warrior in Geffen Field 10 (the Kafra in Prontera has a direct warp there)

Level 55 - 70 or 80
    Hode in Sograt Desert, Morroc Field 17 (two maps south of Morroc and then one to the right)

Level 70 - 85
    Petits in Geffen Field 06 (two maps left of Geffen and one north) Sometimes there is no party here, or depending on the class Petits could be too strong, so if you can't level up properly here you can stay longer by Hodes)

Level 85 - 95
    Dark Priest in Glast Heim Churchyard (enter the Church in Glast Heim, then take the right warp, the Zonda Voting Staff NPC has a warp to Glast Heim entrance when available)

Level 95 - 99
    Magmaring in Veins Field 03 (one map left of Rachel, two maps south and one left)

I hope this information is useful. Good luck! ^^

5. helloseven

helloseven User

Hello,
    New player just starting here.
    Is this information still current with all the new updates that were put in to the game?

6. Mustermann

Mustermann User

Hi, I started three weeks ago (dec. 2021) and this was my way to 99.

Feel free to complete the list!

Regards