1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uprading Weapons

Discussion in 'Game Questions' started by Fiandus2k21, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Fiandus2k21

Fiandus2k21 User

Hi,

I have a Jur[3] which is a Level 2 Weapon and I wanted to upgrade it using Emveratarcon and zeny.

According to https://irowiki.org/wiki/Refinement_System this should be possible and safe (100% success rate) up to +6.

But according to the upgrade menu (talking to the guy in Prontera in the building where you can get Ori/elu out of rough Ori/rough Elu) it seems like I need 2 Enriched Oridecons even to upgrade from +0 to +1. I thought Enriched Oridecon was needed above the saftety limit to raise chances to successfully upgrade and/or not destroy the weapon.

So my questions are: Is it correct that I need enriched ori even for upgrading a weapon even from +0 to +1? And what about the safe zone? Is it correct that all upgrades will succeed for a level 2 Weapon up to +6?

Thank you!

2. Khantos

Khantos User

Hello, I had the same problem as you at beginning with my Thief. I tried to upgrade an Stiletto with Emveretarcon and couldn't do it. Looked like as it was needed an Enriched Ori to upgrade the weapon. Later I reached to ugrade my level 3 Jamadhar to the safety level (+5) with just Oridecon and Zenys.

So after reading your question I tried again with level 1 and 2 weapons using Phracon and Emveretarcon, and I succeeded. You should be able too. After visualizing your weapon Jur[3] into the Refinement box, you have just to click select the Emveretarcon hexagon on the left corner (ignore the enriched ori/elu hexagons). The 200z fee is going to appear under the box and you just have to click on to proceed. Above the box you are going to be able to see the success rate (100% till +6 for level 2 Weapons).

I hope to have being helpful and good luck!

Fiandus2k21 likes this.
  3. Fiandus2k21

Fiandus2k21 User

Hi Khantos,

I missed clicking on the Emveretarcon hexagon after pulling the weapon into the refinement box.

Now I was able to update the Jur[3] from +0 to +6 with Emveretarcons and Zenys. Thank you very much!

Khantos likes this.
  4. -Barak-

-Barak- User

5. KillerBunny

KillerBunny User

What do I do with a Lvl 4 weapon that has a 30% chance of breaking at +6? :(
    I love/need my Weapon! Please don't tell me to try!
    What should I do? :confused:

6. -Barak-

-Barak- User

Every 6 weeks or something there is an event called "boosted refinement". Actually, it started again today.

Look at the charts in that link: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/686296/
    Atm Level 3 weapons: +6 = 95%, +7 = 90%, +8 = 70% and
    Level 4 weapons: +6 = 80%, +7 = 80%, +8 = 60% with enriched oris.

If you fear failing or don't want to buy enriched ori/elu, then don't upgrade and stick to your +4/+5 stuff.
    Else, get a bunch of whatever you wanna have upgraded, and try your luck BEFORE you insert any cards. Use normal ores (ori/elu) for the safe upgrade levels and use the enriched versions only for the overupgrades. It is that simple...although you don't need overupgraded gear to reach level 99. It just speeds things a little up, by killing a bit faster and saving some pots.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Fiandus2k21 likes this.