1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Aria-to-Core transfer: questions and comments

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by Cheers, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wysiwyg

wysiwyg User

when i came here i saw 2 servers. i picked one.
    and the choice was based on pa: "play without having to wait even on overloaded servers", high traffic on core. didn't want to go to a server which could lock me out whole evening as happened on some l2j servers.
    let's not hide behind the meaning of the merge/transfer words when it comes to this. as far as innova is concerned i should get no worse treatment as anyone from core.

technically it should be possible to transfer clans as well, but it would be the developers' job and indeed i wouldn't get my hopes up.
    i would hate to have to chase down the ppl i know on aria in the havoc of name changes that will happen after the transfer.

scenario meant to induce panic in aria players: look we just wiped you clan, find your old mates now. oh and by the way half of them had their names changed but you don't know which, you'll have a lot of fun finding out by yourself. just to spice things up a bit we decided to wipe your friend list as well because, well, you know ... since we changed their name we couldn't update your friend list as well. to make up for all this we decided to give you an 100kk sp scroll, you can find it in you wh.

thinking of it as a transfer in the meaning you are associating with it all i can say is unfair. really unfair.

just random thoughts, still waiting to see what innova will decide.

@randomm

the difference is that you are being moved (not moving by your own will). and it isn't a house, one which you can pick anytime. is your name, the one by which everyone knows you.

it is unfair any way you look at it towards whoever doesn't get to keep his/her name.
    we might as well flip a coin for every one name duplicate. in fact this seems as a valid mode. it is impartial. and believe me i didn't chose a name on aria because i wanted to have a conflict with someone on core.

just had an idea: make a service on the website. enter old/new name and old/new server and you get a full track of that user's name changes. i hope innova didn't have any other name changes available as a service because i don't know how would it be compatible with that i'm suggesting here.

examples:
    i. i see house in game after the merge. i search for house on core after transfer. i get
    - 1. he was hitchhiker on aria
    - 2. automatic name change to hitchhikeraria after being moved core
    - 3. changed name to house with name change ticket

ii. i want to know what happened with hitchhiker from aria server:
    - 1. he was hitchhiker on aria
    - 2. automatic name change to hitchhikeraria after being moved core
    - 3. changed name to house with name change ticket

and i'm saying full name history because i might have spoken with him while he was still having the hitchhikeraria name.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Beasway

Beasway User

clans from aria will have to rely on fortresses instead of clan halls. more drama more fun :d

3. St0ne

St0ne User

if u will have problems finding pple after names changing,go to aden
    and use option: !lf xxxx from aria ! problem solved.
    also u must remember it was arias players who were asking a lot of time for merge/transfer.
    also innova will provide compensations for ur any affords on aria.
    rly no need for any of this kind speculations.
    regards

4. Etherial

Etherial User

i get your point, but i am thinking the aria's players side also. (i am player in core). wouldn't be also be unfair, for a daily player from aria to lose his nickname to someone 20 lvl or inactive 4 months now in core?
    i don't know what innova will decide on the names issue, but i would like it to be as fair as possible for both sides.

you say that: if core players lose nick on their server after merge i bet 1000 core players would stop play this server!
    my suggestion was for inactive players, not active ones. and by inactive i didn't mean those that haven't logged for 1 or 2 months. i mean haven't logged sooner that 3 months or low lvl. and also, think that after merge there will be only core players. so if dissapointed ex-aria players quit, they will be in fact core players quitting.

to add here also a suggestion more: rename the banned characters / accounts of core also, since they won't be playing anyway again and someone from aria might have same name and will be forced to a pointless rename.

also the best post so far i seen was from wysiwyg, proposing in any case, we should have a list from innova with names changes that occured so everyone can find their friends, and noone will try to scam players by pretending to be their friend/leader/clanmate etc.

5. GYMpower

GYMpower User

your suggestion is totaly funny like they will check 10000+ core players if they active or small lvl "you know good its mission imposible"
    there are just 2 options:
    aria players lose nick or get nick+aria or first who logg after merge keep nick but this will be total unfair for those who work or cant log in time

aria players are those who wanted merge so they lose nick and they are guests on core server! thats only fair solution

6. Gilby

Gilby User

how about delete all nicks and play without nicks because i see to much drama about nicks :d

7. GYMpower

GYMpower User

i just play with my nick 7+ years and i dont even want think to lose it becouse some aria kiddo that wanted server merge but in same time want take my nick
    i made friends/clan all ppl know me with my nick and innova should think 1000 time before make some bad move with nicks
    i repeat we core players didnt want merge and we core players stay on our core server
    core players to lose nick on core server that would be total fail and unfair move from innova

8. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

i am sure there are players on aria also who have used their nick for xx years and everyone knows them by it so your point is not valid as you are not the only person in that position. also please refrain from calling aria players "guests" on core. they are not guests, they are fellow players with just as much right on core as you have.

@everyone, please stop arguing about whats happening with the names as you have not even seen the final decision from innova, be patient and wait for the full information to be given regarding the merge, we know some of you have "ideas" on how to do this and all are being considered but enough with the arguments between eachother now as its pointless, there will be pros and cons for both sides no matter what option innova choose to use but everyone will just have to deal with it....afterall...its only some pixels guys :cool:

if you want to have a more indepth discussion about name changes etc then make yourselves a thread in the general discussion section of the forum :)

regards.

9. DonPatch

DonPatch User

i think the best what can they do is give to everybody (aria and core char) a "change name ticket". who use it 1st for take a nick wins. before that, innova should change all nicks to nick+suffix or prefix+nick

10. hidden

hidden User

don't want to insult you, but you should consider stop thinking and let innova find a solution.

11. DonPatch

DonPatch User

i offer solutions, i dont do like others crying all threads.

12. hidden

hidden User

who logs first gets w/e name he wants is not a solution.

13. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

dear members,

to keep this thread free from flood please take your discussions to the following section https://forum.4game.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167 there are some basic threads opened for you already to start you off. from now on please only post here if you have a direct question about the merge for the team.

regards.

14. noGod

noGod User

a healthy server with much bigger community?
    wasn't that the compensation you wanted from innova, before they announced the transfer?

15. Sperminatorka

Sperminatorka User

about ch
    its not a solution but it kinda helps out. on core we have dead clans which have chs.
    if a clan leader hasnt logged for past 2-3 months just take away the ch and make it bidable again.

it does make things interesting since core clans (most of them neutral and weaker clans) will get competition on fortress.
    u forget about pvp chs, which from my perspective aria clans are more then welcome to come pvp for them :eek:

16. vengetta

vengetta User

i see a community that are care bears . you can't wait 1-2 weeks for the official announcement? it's summer go to the beach to relax and don't spam and cry all around . when innova have something to say the will tell what the f**k they do then start cry again.for me 1 thing is important clan's lvl and fame , for all the other thing's we can find the answer !! nick's clan hall's etc.so stop cry for the a moment and let them do their job's !!!

17. Etherial

Etherial User

as deepblue stated above, please move your discussions on the matter at this section, and keep this thread clean with direct question to innova concerning the merge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  18. TurinTurambar

TurinTurambar User

one question:

will all my items, including inventory, what i wear, quest items and warehouse items be included in the transfer, or will some items not be included ?

clear straight answer is appreciated. disambiguous answer will only make me ask again. ;)

/beer

/tt

19. Gerofyl

Gerofyl User

and there are still ppl not able to understand.
    -the server transfer is not a thing that happens because aria ppl asked for it.
    core is a server you play on. aria ppl have to join it, aria players are no guests. you are no hosts. we all are only user of innovas server.
    -its a game, nobody wants to steal from you.
    -we dont own names, we use them.
    innova will find a solution for everything, which does not mean we will be happy with it, however.
    the ppl who are concerned about "more epics will be transfered than players". a big lol to you. create a char on aria and check the epic locations. they are not more farmed than on core, i think even a lot less than on core...

20. Gilby

Gilby User

yeah but without players there wont be any servers. :d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.