1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Name changes as a result of merge

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Etherial, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherial

Etherial User

here you may discuss each other's ideas on proposed solutions to this issue.

keep in mind that direct questions for innova team about the merge should be asked here.

2. Nursery

Nursery User

i think there is no "mine server" in player context. only owner has server. when _anyone_ logged in first he picked a server. what was the reason to pick? core sounded cool? aria looked nice? in most cases the traffic or the first click was the reason. stop telling that this is your server if you are only a player. i am a player from aria and i dont wanted the merge. if anyone say so, prove it. other way you closer to a lie ,) if any server has more right to keep names, well it is unfair. not because i say so, but because it is so. no one has the right to criticise our decision to select a server at the beginning when there was no notice of "if you select core some ramdom player will say that you are under the lowest of **** just because you clicked aria". only innova has the right (it is innova's server, not players), but if they do it unfair, players will disperse. fast.

3. Belux

Belux User

change name ticket for all, but if ur char are more old than other give possibility to recover name. see aion merges or l2 ncsoft merges for ideas

regards! and sry for my noob english xd

4. Lirelin

Lirelin User

it would be smart to let a person keep the same name as his forum nick. imagine someone getting your forum name as his new ingame name. :d

5. Nursery

Nursery User

it is a joke. isnt it? :)

6. Winged

Winged User

i think she is serious :x and about name change it would be nice if everyone get item or smth that can change your name once :

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  7. randomm

randomm User

yeah give ticket for name changing to all pplz from server..... i think i will camp login and i will choose sproot for my iss and queem for my wynn... just for the fun of it :). rly rly nice ideea... keep going guys :)

8. Vexen

Vexen User

you are right and i don't get why all the people is proposing the name change ticket. it is a bad idea because many things like that would happen (using your alt boxes to get enemy's names and so on...)

9. MoonWa1ker

MoonWa1ker User

to everyone who has a name conflict there should be a web interface. that interface should be built before the transfer, so the name change will be decided before the transfer, so players who will change their names, have the time to inform clan m8s,friendlist about that. lets assume player1 has same name with player2. that interface will allow both players to choose the same name or another with first come first serve method. player1 gets first and chooses to keep the same name. player2 when he tries to choose the same name will be informed that he cant. so he must choose another nickname and get rewarded with rune of exp for 3 days ( untradable to avoid misuse of the service ), for the inconvenience. for all other players the name that player1 and player2 have in conflict wont be available for them to choose.

same rule for clans ex. clan1 and clan2 have name conflict. if you want to keep your clan name thats ok, but the other one who will change it must be rewarded handsomely so that there is the temptation wether u choose the name or get the reward. again, other clans wont be able to choose the name of clan1 && clan2 that have in conflict.

thats my point of view. if u want me to explain something or u find that somewhere isnt clear please do tell.

thanks for reading, natalia.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  10. Crystalsaferr

Crystalsaferr User

vote on, problem solved

11. Pantera

Pantera User

hmm, i have an interesting question for you. i wanted to create a char at core, and when i tried to give names, i got 2 different messages. when i tried to give my main character's name on aria, i got "incorrect name. please try again." message. i tried this with my clan mates' names, and i got the same text. after this i tried to give existing names on core, and i got "this name is already in use." or something like that. what's the difference between these messages? this first message means that i cant create a character on core with an existing name on aria? or why these names are called "incorrect"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  12. MoonWa1ker

MoonWa1ker User

in general, incorrect name means the name you're trying to give is given to a npc.
    already in use means some player already uses it.

13. Etherial

Etherial User

spam posts have been deleted. please keep thread clean discussing on the matter.

kind regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.