1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Element/weapon

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Redven, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redven

Redven User

hey, i was wondering what element on weapon is the most suitable for youl archer. it surely depends on many aspects, well i'd like to ask you to discuss them all.

2. Komoz

Komoz User

mine opinion:

holy for pve- 70% of mobs have dark resist and since few past chronicles it means it have auto weakness to holy

earth for pvp, because most ppl don`t have over 300 earth resist on armors (my second choice would be water)

main weapon elements and resistances in use (my explanation):

wind- almost all mages are using wind, and alot of dark elf chars because of passive +20 (witch is ******ed imo- knowing that every1 have 360 resist wind because of mages, and still using it as a de archer for 20 bonus is just lol)

fire- all summoner reapers attacks have fire atri, all summoners have fire in retributer and since there are so many of them, fire is very popular resist

holy- hero weapons are holy, healer nukes are holy or dark after skill enchant (for oly), and alot of players have holy weapon for pve so its third most used resist

dark- orbis mobs/octavis/ spezion/ other mobs have dark atri, so its better to have some dark resist, its useful also against healers in oly (some kamalol archers are also using dark in bows)

water- only ppl with water in weapon that i saw was light elfs for racial bonus, but resist water is very cheap to make, thats why its not my first option

earth- most expensive resist to make, no racial passive with +element so most of ppl don`t use it, since elements was implemented it`s openly known to be a "pvp element" but even with that knowledge its not that popular because ppl are mainly chosing "must use" elements (wind- mages, fire- summoners) and holy as pve element, and alot of ppl is using element assigned to their race, so there aren`t many ppl with maxed out earth resist

but elements don`t matter that much in pvp- maxed out element on armor is 360 (element in 3 pieces) and you still have 2 pieces for non popular resist, it means you have 240, but with buffs, cloak, boss jewels/ passive skills from race/castle/clan, dyes bonus you will probably still have 300+ resist.

its my opinion on element and you don`t need to agree with me, but i think its most logical explaintation.

3. Patri

Patri User

imo is an awsome explanation, i decided put holy in my archer for pvp and pve and its going so good specially in pve, cuz no mobs holy resistence, in pvp not so good, i shoulded take earth ;_8

4. Redven

Redven User

thank you komoz, what you've written seems to be reasonable. i'm sure many players will use this information.

5. Etherial

Etherial User

as on earth resist, i am not sure that this is exactly the case. most tanks make 300+ earth resist very early to be able to tank in soa 4-5 groups.

6. Vexen

Vexen User

before tauti (aka now), most of the mobs 85+ have 300 attribute resist; so unless you hit a mob with elemental destruction on (feoh skill) and your attack has the same attribute as the feoh, you don't get damage bonus in pve...

7. Danisimo

Danisimo User

just wanted to ask is what vexen said true? do atributes have no effect in pve at the moment? i'm about to put some in my weapon and just wanted to be sure.

8. Hax

Hax User

they have effect on pve+pvp.

9. Vexen

Vexen User

-not true anymore, since tauti:

http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/patch-notes/tauti/hunting-zones/

-before that update most mobs had around 450 attribute defense and overresist phenomenon didn't exist so attribute made few difference on pve.

ninja edit:
    i said it already on that post oo we are on glory days+echoes, which means one/two update ahead of tauti

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.