1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

2 questions for tanking

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by bahamucio, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bahamucio

bahamucio User

so my problems are:
    1. i got dual tank and when i am making castle instance with other tank even if my single agro is a lvl more from other tank's i cant keep it if he cast agression ... is that normal ?

2. is there any difference in agro success when i am using c-grade blunt ot r-grade weap ?

best regards to all who help me understand if i am wrong or if thats the way it should be ... :)

2. MrScubba

MrScubba User

agro system works totally different now, brume made a guide about it, i think i read it on this forum
    try to search for it

3. MrScubba

MrScubba User

4. bahamucio

bahamucio User

i have read this one but no answer why a tank with lower aggro than mine can get rb agro from me with only one supperior aggression and nothing about weapons difference (i have seen many tanks with lower grade weaps)

5. Brume

Brume User

it's already cleared in the topic i've made that now in l2 there is an agro reactive mechanics based on agro token. for exemple with 2 tanks :
    tank 1 taunt, get the aggro > he hold the aggro until somebody passed out his aggro score or
    tank 2 taunt after > he get the aggro token, that's mean he get his aggro score updated to the previous higher aggro score + x%
    and everytime somebody use an aggro modifier skill listed in the post i've made, the token may change according to an unknown mechanics actually. this mean that it's better to use 1 initial taunt and then work with rage aura + non aggressif skills for a tank, than rely on perm taunt wich will scrap your aggro score and snap the aggro token. from this point, you can understand that it is important for you to use a good weapon and not only a c-grade one. here it is another problem on mezz resistance wich regulate the aggro mechanics in the game now and if the boss is imune to p.mez and m.mez, it will be impossible to taunt (but don't forget the rage aura that act as an aggro modifier)

6. MrScubba

MrScubba User

challenge*

7. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

thread moved to more appropriate section.

8. Brume

Brume User

erm, no, there is a bug in this, rage aura generate more passive aggro points than challenge aura relativelly to the tank. challenge aura put a modifier on every pt member, thus the relative aggro is the same. rage put only a modifier on sigel skills on the monster. read the tooltip once you've apply rage aura on a monster :>
    additionally, rage aura decrease the all around p.def and mez resistances of ennemies (not really documented) :)

9. MrScubba

MrScubba User

actually, never noticed those effects of rage aura
    also, when u use rage aura in party, they lose the 5% additional p atk atk spd
    challenge aura generates agro when using blunt/sword, that s why iss can pull the boss / mobs from tank
    still wondering, if the blunt/sword using healers generate any extra agression

10. Brume

Brume User

look on the monsters/enemy debuff bar, you'll notice the rage aura tooltip applied and it's noticed that it increase the aggro :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.