1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Tournament Poll

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Nemezida, Oct 14, 2012.

?

What kind of PvP battles are you more interested to take part in?

1. Battles between parties on the "Core" server

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Battles between parties on a separate server

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemezida

Nemezida User

dear lineageii players,

today we would like to ask you a very important question: what kind of pvp battles are you more interested to take part in?
    there are two possible alternatives to be considered:

1. battles between parties on the "core" server. any skills and equipment enhances are allowed to be used.

2. battles between parties on a separate server. only equal equipment without enchantment is allowed to be used.
    only skills without enchantment can be cast.

we appreciate your opinion very much and look forward to your help.

thank you.

2. Hax

Hax User

if it's "on another server"; does it include other (in this case probably russian retail ones) servers to be participating in it aswell or will it still be only core people?

3. turnON

turnON Banned

not enough information, provide more details

4. HELL-SK

HELL-SK User

any pvp battles, even launching horses with catapults one clan to the other

Sindeya and Hax like this.
  5. Sindeya

Sindeya User

will you put attributes in armors for example? if yes, a 7v7 can take hours with attributed armors on +0 skills - all classes except mage take their attribute on skills from the duel enhancement (or element enhancement, but no1 uses that i guess).

you know u really should have a group of ppl to consult with, which really pvp each day and know how everything feels pvp-wise.

making such poll and letting it be a decision of the "mass" of players is not actually correct.

this is like in rl where u have the ppl who do big things like doctors who save lives, and have some hard job, and the other ppl who live normally, and sell vegetables in the market for example. and u take the normal guy and u tell him "i will give u same conditions to do the job of the big guy, here there is your chance!" , or u ask the normal guy how does he feel the big guy should do his job.

i assume u won't fully understand my analogy... i appreciate u want to make things "fair" and give all chances to everyone, and i don't actually have a probl on playing on equal gear (though missing epics would be ******ed... i mean could we even have epics? or oly earring? or coc jwls?), but if u want to make a pvp event make it a pvp event with all the "ars3nal" (i can't believe ****nal is being censored omg) available and let the battles be bloody... if u want to have the same lvl of pvp skills like allmighty was this year make it for all the bunnies, at least we'll all hop around and have fun.

no one will remember you for making an "epic" pvp event because you made it accesible for everyone, but all will remember you if u make a truly epic pvp event where ppl could step over their enemies heads big time all in without restrictions (no hero skills would be the only common sence thing).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  6. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

pvp on separate server, no oe, no wqhp, no class limitations, same equip of pts (dyes, epics, attribute crystals)

7. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

there is no information to give at the moment, this is purely a poll to gather feedback on which type of tournament the eu commmunity players would prefer.

@sindeya - no one is saying we do not have independant sources of information, as i just said to turnon this is just to gather feedback on what "this" community prefers of the 2 options provided and no one is saying that there will or will not be restrictions on things such as hero skills etc at this time. the first steps to planning an event like this is to gather information on the preferences of the people who will potentially be attending it - this is just an opinion poll nothing is set in stone as yet :)

8. Sindeya

Sindeya User

ok but who cares what everyone wants? >.< just do what/how u think it's right, the oppinion of the masses won't be the top thing never, would be in it's majority oppinions without experience.

9. Hax

Hax User

as i know innova we'll have exactly the same server setup+gear setup as they had on the allmighty cross server tournament.
    so yes, we do already know what we'll get equipment wise.
    pvp's will end in a lack of mp in the end, not by killing most likely, but we'll see.
    i want information if the number of people participating increases if its on another server (i mean people from other servers having access to this), if yes its a good way, if no we might aswell stay on our server

10. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/democracy

and make an event for 4 pts max?

11. Hax

Hax User

12. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

more information regarding the tournament and where it will take place will be released at a later date after polls and decisions and preparations have been made.

with regards to populations increasing as a result of a tournament, that is impossible to predict, having a tournament does not ensure population increase on either server except for the time of the tournament. for example if a tournmant was held here, russian community players taking part are most likely to return back to their usual servers and clans, they have no other reason to stay on core other then for the tournament and visa versa.

2. battles between parties on a separate server. only equal equipment without enchantment is allowed to be used.
    only skills without enchantment can be cast.

regards.

13. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

who cares, atleast everyone can partecipate and make it interesting, and what u know maybe without the equipment advantage some pts arent as strong as they believe

14. Hax

Hax User

i think you didnt quite understand me.
    i was saying that the parties which are currently on the "top" have more advantages than just "gear".

anyways regarding the russian community, i was talking about it only incase "option 2" happens and we play on a 2nd "test" server, which would give the possibility for russian players to join, aswell as innova giving the reward of winning such tournament on both servers (they administrate both, so if price is for example super awesome hat, then they can give it out on the "winning server")

15. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

maybe missunderstood yes, but if gear and skills are to be equal for both then the only difference really is experience/team play and that is something not controllable and would be the same on either type of tourney.

as for the other point, well inter-server tourney would mean eu vs ru players (and i guess ru vs ru from diff servers), location is irrelevant in this matter as it would still be the eu vs the ru players and if there were any prizes then it would stand as logical sense that the winner of the prize would recieve their prize on their main character on the server they usually play on :)

16. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

small ot, on the korean servers they had a cross-server olympiad event (heroes of different servers fighting each other) in the eventuality that these events come to the innova servers will we have the chance of doing it with the ru servers or we wont have this kind of events because we don't have other servers. this question is also related to the fact that the developers announced that in the next versions of the game they'll probably implement cross-server wars and other stuff.

17. Ronove

Ronove User

given that you based your arguments (largely) on this, i think this is incorrect since tauti. non-attributed skills have taken the weapons attribute since then.

hidden and Patri like this.
  18. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

these types of cross-server events such as the tournaments and olympiad have been under consideration for some time, obvioulsy in the early days core was too young to attempt such events, at this time i can not say with any 100% assurance that cross-server olympiads will or will not be seen but they will be for sure discussed at further length.

with respect to korea announcing they might have cross-server wars in the future, we have to assume for the time that they are likely talking about cross-server wars within their own territory as opposed to cross-territory wars as cross-territory wars will be extremely complicated to run considering the huge differences in timezones between eu, na and kr territories.

regards.

hidden likes this.
  19. Sindeya

Sindeya User

yep that's correct, was just coming to change it ;p thx.

hidden likes this.
  20. naB4o

naB4o User

you have excluded us once from allmighty. i suggest you to organize something smaller, like server tournament, if you don't fail (in which i doubt) you can organize something bigger. i doubt any pvp event will be boring for people.

hidden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.