1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Experiment 8: Aeore Healer's WIT/INT and Magic Critical Rate

Discussion in 'Archived experiments' started by Tully, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tully

Tully Experimenter Moderator

tags: [god] [stats]

'won, did she?' asked tully a little bit aggressively.

he still felt annoyed with that yumi girl collecting three awards at "all you can invent" convention, while he got only one.

his guest, an aeore healer standing in the doorway, opened his mouth to speak but tully didn't let him.

'one award! one award for all my efforts! how is it fair?! i've more experience, i've more thoughts and maturity put into my work. what's she got? she's just a kid! what can she possibly know about the subtle and challenging craft of inventing?'

the healer stared at him, motionless.

'even one award was too much for her, but no, let's give her two, no no, three awards! let's all praise her and say what a genius she is at such a young age! let's give her a standing ovation! and what for?'

he looked at the healer, making him shift nervously, not knowing how to react and what to do.

'ok, i admit, my works might be a little tiny bit old-fashioned but is it bad? is it bad to be traditional? no, i say! i'm not going to become one of those flamboyant... silly... young people who know nothing about life and real work. to shilen with them!'

tully panted after this emotional outburst, then heaved a great sigh and said:

'so what were you saying about your magic critical hit and your intelligence or somethin'?'

the purpose of my experiment was to establish the correlation between the chance of magic critical hits and wit/int values for aeore healers. my guinea pig was an aeore healer elf 99 lvl skills +0, equipped with

{tbody}{tr}{/tr}{/tbody}
    eternal recovery robe set (test 1)

[​IMG]
    eternal magic type robe set (test 2)

[​IMG]
    acumen amaranthine retributer

[​IMG]

hat eye patch +3 int/wit
    [​IMG]

skill used: dark blast lvl 8
    [​IMG]

test 1: 1000 blows were landed for a set of wit values from 87 to 105. the results obtained are shown below:

{tbody}{tr}{tr}{tr}{/tr}{/tr}{/tr}{/tbody}
    wit value 879297102105number of criticals330340345340350critical attack chance, %333434,53435

[​IMG]

the wit value is shown on the x axis.
    the magic critical rate is shown on the y axis.

conclusion: the graph bears out that although magic critical rate depends on the wit value, the correlation is rather weak. while wit increased by 18, magic critical rate only rose by 2%, from 33% to 35%, which stays within the normal variance of a few per cent of the initial value.

test 2: 1000 blows were landed for a set of int values from 89 to 107. the following results were obtained:

int value899499104107number of criticals 320330325320330critical attack chance, %323332,53233

[​IMG]

the int value is shown on the x axis.
    the magic critical rate is shown on the y axis.

conclusion: as we can see from the graph, magic critical rate fluctuates at about 32-33%. the fluctuations stay within the normal variance of experimental results. therefore, we can conclude that the int value does not affect magic critical rate. only the m. atk. index grows when int is increased.

so as i found out, magic critical rate depends very slightly on the wit value and is not affected at all by the int value. and also, the 33% chance for critical attack is somewhat surprising. it has always been assumed that the accurate magic critical rate can be calculated by dividing the magic critical rate value shown in the character status window by 10. in accordance with this assumption, magic critical rate in our case is supposed to grow from 22.8% to 26.5%, but the test showed it was around 33%. this is probably a feature conceived by the game developers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  2. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

what buffs u had? did you have valakas necklace on?

also it's a known fact int doesn't increase mcritical rate but mcritical power, why not test that?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  3. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

please put requests into the request thread, they will get lost here.

4. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

like they ain't gonna get lost there :p

5. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

no they wont, thats the point of the request list, if you have a request put it there and not merge it into threads with other results.

6. Vexen

Vexen User

7. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

the staff are carrying out their own tests "aswell" as the ones requested, dont assume that tests are only from the request list.

8. Ronove

Ronove User

one flaw in this test is, same set (magic type) should have been used for the test, because it gives 3% m crit rate, and that's a pretty high value, it's misleading to say that m crit rate stays between 32-35%, when in reality, the intervals are higher. plus would be interesting to know what buffs were used, my aeore reaches 310 (31%?) with +11 wit, and that's with 30 from subclass skills also.

9. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

good point, have flagged this up.

regards.

10. Sindeya

Sindeya User

thx for the test! osam!

11. Obsess

Obsess User

bad news for all wit-o-holics then :d

12. Sindeya

Sindeya User

yep seems wit kinda ****s now qq

13. yLogy

yLogy User

wit isnt only crit. rate, wit is also m.def rate, but is truth in gd will be push back changed, reuse 10s, range 400 ..so propably kinda useless :), and other debuffs... hmm good question, but i still think, olympiad +15 int , open +15 con.

14. LesmoS

LesmoS User

men this is mdef

15. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

intm. atk., m. critical damagewitm. critical rate, m. accuracy, m. evasion, casting spd., m. def. ratemenm. def., magic cancel rate, resistance to magical abnormal state
    plus wit seems to increase the chance of debuffs landing...

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  16. yLogy

yLogy User

yes men is m.def, but i speak about m.def rate

17. Hax

Hax User

i pewpew hard with my +15 int qq
    lumi is nearly 100% anyways, dont need to land it better :d

18. Sindeya

Sindeya User

i can't believe it some ppl would be that stupid to go for wit >.<

19. Yiam.

Yiam. User

maybe i don't get something, but what is the point of testing the critical rate with different wit amounts, if that rate itself is visible in character status window? to see if it's valid or what? qq

20. sepsa

sepsa User

i had exactly same feeling. anyway, who ever said that int have something to do with m crit rate?
    ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.