1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Unbalanced items in shop (Boost enchant rate for 10%)

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by AD1736, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldorf

Waldorf User

i'm no pro on the matter but i do believe most random number generators in mmos use normalization (this may not be the correct name) where if you get a streak (either positive or negative), after a while the system gives you the opposite result so as to conform the results with the probability.
    example using your blue/red balls: i pick 10 balls from the bag and they are all blue, at that point the rng normalizer kicks in and if i pick more balls, they will mostly be red until the ratio of blue to red reaches roughly 50%.

this normalization may only be used in combat though (to avoid players going 3 days without dishing out a single crit, for example) and maybe doesn't apply here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Truga

Truga User

normalization definitely doesn't apply here, or high oe'd weapons would be non-existant.

3. |Mak0|

|Mak0| User

each time, it's iid (independently and identically distributed, due to constant randomization based on system clock) so of course there is no "normalization" (i don't really understand that word but w/e).
    however, i do believe that your chance to oe decreases as your weapon is highly oed, a bit like with skills but you can't see it. of course it's all speculation and tests should be done to verify it. i even believe something like enchant_rate = 66.6% * (1-exp(enchant_level/100)).
    which gives something like...
    [​IMG]

66.6% to go +3 > +4
    45% to go +15 > +16

again, speculation.

4. Etherial

Etherial User

we'd like to inform you that this topic is being closed, since it is inactive, and will be archived at the 1st of the month, as planned.

kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.