1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[26.10.2017] Changing Times

Discussion in 'Team Blog Archive' started by CM Fragola, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

As some of you might remember, EU changes the clock to "winter time" this Sunday.

Changing server time is a little bit more complicated than tuning the clock, as it involves various activities that might go crazy with a missed or added hour. Another problem is that we need to restart the whole server for the changes to take place, so summarizing all of the above, we decided to perform the transition to winter time in the following way:

Sunday, October 29
    Real World: Time changes -1 CEST -> CET
    Server: nothing is changed

so please keep in mind, that on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday the server activities will happen an hour earlier comparing to usual time, aka bosses at 21:00 will spawn at 20:00 CET

Monday and Tuesday, October 30 - 31
    Real World: nothing is changed
    Server: nothing is changed

The server is still 1 hour behind the real CET, so everything starts 1h earlier.

Wednesday, November 1
    Real World: nothing is changed
    Server: we switch to CET during maintenance

The server time equals CET.

Some NPCs (castle registration, CoC, CH auction, AH, etc) might still show the wrong time during this transition until November 1.

For example, at Core atm NPC says sieges start at 21:00 when actually they will start at 19:00 CET on Sunday.

Flamestrike likes this.
  2. Hax

Hax User

20:00 -> 19:00

3. Fragola

Fragola User

20:00 server time
    19:00 CET

4. -V77-

-V77- User

so 4h maintance and 40min additional maintance to change time...
    Where is watermelon and dubleexp ?

cmec1 and TheFi1mGuy like this.
  5. cmec1

cmec1 User

that additional was more like 1h 20min, and like always it was too hard for them to even explain why extra maint was needed..

6. Yakawa

Yakawa User

That they did. It was because some 1 time quests were reset.
    But it was 1.5h and announced only on Discord. I guess they could have done an in-game announcement but .... **** it.

7. Hater

Hater User

i don't get it, why are ppl so upset over 1-2h extra maintenance?

8. cmec1

cmec1 User

maintenance isnt the problem here.. its lack of comunication, lack of information availability and etc.. even "fixes during maint" isnt filled yet when 1st maint was finished like 7h ago, seems "dusting server and time back to normal" is already too hard to write for them

i mentioned it not once and not twice.. they do their job.,. but for this kind of job they should have been fired long time ago, always smth missing, always do job not fully.
    I understand that fragola is alone and etc.. but job as CM is manage comunity, talk to them and so on.. and in forum she shows up once in a week (maybe shows up more frequently but replies to questions that adressed directly to her once in a week or even rarrier), and 95% of the time replies are more confussing than before asking question or hidding smth

xa0xa0xa0 likes this.
  9. Fragola

Fragola User

Extra maintenance was announced in game, in CL council, in Discord, and on Facebook. As FB is our default news feed on Play page - it was (and actually still is) on the start page.
    The rest of the day we were discussing how to sort out missing clan rewards and lost CoC winner status.

And guess what I'm doing at 10 PM local time? I'm answering your messages.
    I just came back from the office to polish the rest of things aka filling up the maintenance notes and to prepare a team blog post about the problems we met and upcoming changes in event plan.

What kind of info you're lacking?

I can't reply to questions directed to other people :p

10. cmec1

cmec1 User

there were questions directly to you "where and to what auditory are advertisements about server shown", what was your answer? - if u are not in the group of ppl u will not see adds, and where only god knows, till now no answer, and i can search forum for many many other questions directly to u even with @CM Fragola in it which has no answer or answer given confuses ppl even more since its heavily guarded secret

today im lacking info what was done in maintenances (the 1st and the 2nd one), i got answer about 2nd but that wasnt an official one
    also about discord/fb/council :
    1- fb page isnt shown in main page so if ppl dont know it they will not find it
    2- council is stricly for clan leaders only - which means forbidden for some ppl
    3- discord not every 1 is there, or have it always on and also without 5+ questions there most likely no info is given
    4- all above arent kinda official sources where to look for it, official ones are forum and main page which had 0 info about "WHY?" 2nd maint was needed

it seems like im a HATER.. but im not.. i just cant understand how job is done like this : i want i write, i dont want i dont write. i take some patch notes i translate 1/5 (of changes in clan system) of 1/10 part (of full notes) and tease ppl with it..
    there were alot of feedbacks about things like that and guess what? - almost nothing changes, yes u announcing events and other stuff big thanx for that, but how its done? :) once again not fully or late or what ever else

also filling in the blanks(maint notifications, problems and solutions) should be done while u are in the office not at home, event previews can be done at home(if have energy for that at evening) since its not today and not now its not that important and can be red at any time

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  11. -V77-

-V77- User

Well lets be honest. Fragola. There is two options
    - You are too lazy
    - You dont know how to organize your work time.
    I go for the secound option.
    Also you just avoiding almost every questions about UE vs RU servers

Simple example:
    Someone asked why we dont have duble exp event.
    You just avoid questions
    Someone asking why we dont have watermelon event
    You just avoiding.
    Someone telling you you do great job about preview info.
    You making 2 posts with "thanks"

On RU forum there is CM that give info or open topics with event descriptions/maintance info right after maintance or just before it ends.

You on UE giving event description 2-3 h after maintance is over...
    When ppl are mad about this you jsut telling that " THERE WAS PREVIEW!"
    When ppl saying that previws was made wrong etc.
    what is your answer?
    "OK I WILL NOT MAKE IT AANYMORE!" < Is this really how CM should go?
    No. CM as name says should be a "wire" between customers and company
    So if for example i asking you a question your job is to go to your boss or devs or waht ever you need to get info for my question, if you cant say info to me just etll sorry im not allowed to tell you that.

I know ppl here can be annoing but you worked on this. There are always flamers, but never any CM before you had so much ppl hated on himself.

12. Fragola

Fragola User

To understand this answer I'd suggest you read FB ad guide, Google ad guidelines and complete an Introduction to marketing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

False, please check the Second screenshot

Which means Clan leaders are informed to pass the info to their clannies

Wasn't the only source of info

False, please see the second screenshot (and first as well)

Also, make sure you don't miss this thread: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/3349/page-13#post-9129186

I'll surely ask you about how to organize my personal time (not)

false and it's EU btw, not UE.

It wasn't someone, it was you.

Double exp is already announced here: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654035/
    Watermelons - I never promised any watermelons, they are not in the plan: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/652622/

because I'm thankful )

Never happened here, so false.

So both of you go and think about your behavior for posting false info.