1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

A Game set up for failure.

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by mYzor, May 14, 2018.

1. mYzor

mYzor User

I decided to make a little test inspired by andrius3022 initiative to check a major issue "new" players may face when starting the game.
    That issue is one that almost no one ever mentions but it is acting like a rope around the neck of this game. The massive unbalance between xp and adena income. (an issue for a long time already)

Here is the little test using a level 87 ISS Doomcryer with no vitality. (1 day of testing, therefore small sample)

[Note: (1) refers to rewards adquired hunting mobs]
    [ (2) refers to rewards turing the quest in]

Starting in Aden, took all quests from Penny;
    Next, Kartia Solo: Went from 98.77% to level 88 and 6.41%
    Turned Penny's quest in: Went from 6.41% to 8.02%
    Next, Shuttgart: took Lucien's Altar quest from Daichir:
    Next, port to mines and did both quests there:
    Kanemika Quest: 8.02 % to 8.09% and 371 400 adena earned.
    Back to shuttgart to collect Daichir's reward: 8.09% to 8.21% and 742 800 adena earned.
    Next, Bloody Swampland.
    There, picked up 4 quests:

The Purification Ritual: (1) 8.21% to 12,61% ; 51 442 adena, 4 Imm Earring Gems ; 1 Immortal Glove Ingredient.
    [(2) 12.61 to 14.75% ; 505 080 adena]

Wash blood with blood: (1) 14.75% to 18.43% ; 37 192 adena.
    [(2) 18.43% to 20.57% ; 505 080 adena]

Meaning of survival: (1) 20.57% to 24.48% ; 32 746 adena ; 2 Immortal Circlet Ingredient
    [(2) 24.48% to 27.11% ; 512 370 adena]

Never Say Good bye: (1) 27.11% to 31.43% ; 42 993 adena ; Immortal Shoe ingredient.
    [(2) 31.43% to 34.06% ; 512 370 adena]

Went to Harnaks for the quest there:
    Beyond the Memories: (1) 34.06% to 38.23% ; 63 197 adena ; 1 Requiem Slasher Frag, 1 Requiem Avenger Frag, 1 Immortal Ring Gem, 1 Immortal Boot Gem
    [(2) 38.23% to 40.37% ; 505 080 adena]

To Penny, for turning in her 3 Quests: 40.37% to 47.54%
    Completed Herphah's quest
    Control of Power: 47.54% to Level 89 and 27.46%
    I didnt do Kartia group, as it is impossible to control the RNG involved. (for example: you can do it duo and get nothing or do it with a group and get something)

XP wise: i went from Level 87 and 98.77% to level 89 and 27.46%
    Adena wise: Total> 4 367 438 adena earned.
    [3 881 750 adena from mobs and quests + 485 688 adena for selling Key Materials to a "Light Town"]
    PS: While looking at the total adena, bear in mind i did not account for expenses, as everyone's will be different.

So.. Considering players will reach a point when they will have to adquire better equipment and do simple, yet necessary, things like elementing, augmenting, etc:
    Progress made adena wise will never be enough to sustain the equipment level required by the Xp progression.
    Players will become severely undergeared for the activities they have available at their current level (as they progress through the game) and will reach a wall where they wont be able to enjoy they content the game has to "offer".

Just as a reminder:
    Before Salvation the quests available to each area (Bloody Swampland, Fairy low, Fairy High, etc) awarded the player with over 4 000 000 adena if they fully completed them.

A few sugestions:
    Players do not get enough adena from these quests. Lets not forget that every new update there are more items to spend "money" on.
    How about this: Cut the XP reward from the quests by half and double the adena reward so that players feel like they are progressing adena wise (therefore, equipment wise), along with the Xp/levels

Newcomers with NO GEAR take forever to complete these quests. In total (excluding Kartia Solo) i had to kill over 929 mobs to get 600 Quest items
    (100 QI per quest @ Bloody Swampland + 200 QI at Harnak Ruins, these at 100% drop rate)
    How about stop it wih random drop quests? Make it 100% drop and for all party members, so that players can complete them in a way that fits an MMO? By grouping together? Socializing?!
    (Someone please remind NCSoft that, this is an MMORPG and not a piece of **** game where you click to start and finish a quest and meanwhile the game plays itself for you. Thank you!)

How about raising the drop rate for things like elemental stones? Do NCSoft developers not consider elemental defense/attack an important stat?
    With oner 900 Mobs killed, not a single elemental stone droped. Again, NCSoft, Oversight? Ignorance? Stupidity?!

And how about updating the damn Character Stats window so it displays the stats that matter NOW and not the ones that were important ALMOST A DECADE AGO?!?

Lillim, darthblade and max11 like this.
  2. St0ne

St0ne User

Quests u're mentioning were with "good" adena rewards in past (at least most of them)
    Nerfed due to exploitation by scripters.
    Applying ideas here for Ncsoft is pointless.
    L2 is dead for them.

mYzor likes this.
  3. Ahanna

Ahanna User

Why the hell you guys making those "tests/guides/how not to play"? This way you doing, lets say ~100kk/day, and it's quite a lot considering you playing like that, in 1 year you gonna make ~35b? So it would take:
    1. 1 Year for decent PVP or PVE weapon
    2. 1-2 Years for Armor set
    3. 3 Years for Jewels
    4. 3-4 Years for Talismans
    5. 2 Years for each lv.5/6 Brooch (1 Year for brooch itself)
    6. 2 Years for Belt, Bracelet, Aghations
    7. 2 Years+ for Skill enchanting, Augments, etc.
    No one have this much time, so instead of doing those nosense "tutorials", show for new players how to grind efficiently, because apo/twilight ***** guys.

Bers Ser and Lillim like this.
  4. goduole

goduole User

They just too lazy to hunt bonts or invest on proper protection.. so better they go eazy way nerf evrything that it should be no worth to bot.. but casual players ar victims of this

And fragola said we just too lazy to do things... this attitude dont bring us anywhere 4sure

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    max11 likes this.
  5. Fragola

Fragola User

Can anyone give their results for the dailies for Lv.95-99?

6. xLeax

xLeax User

will it change anything?

7. mYzor

mYzor User

Havent checked the thread 'cause atm im dealing with a nasty health issue, sorry for that.

The point of this isnt to show anyone how to play. Its to show theres a huge disproportion between the experience rewards and the adena rewards. This is a big problem as people joining the server (even if they are not new players) tend to focus on Exp and neglect the fact that levels without gear are worthless.
    PS: This is without mentioning how much adena "new" players waste on stuff they'll never be able to recuperate. Elementalizing mentor equipment, shadow weapons, etc.

I didnt plan to take it that far.
    One thing to keep in mind is that as players start to fall behind on their "gear level", the rewards of those quests go down as players spend more time and resources doing them.

Yes, it is possible to get enough adena in order to get gear.
    Things like Zaken / Freya with as many alts as you can.
    Using those alts to do Olympiad Quest.
    Doing Istina with a support class. (so that people wont look at you funny because you're not glowing)
    Even Antharas 2x a month with as many alts as you can.
    Etc,

At that point how is this qualifies as a game? Isnt a game, with all its featured supposed to deliver entertainment?
    That player will still run into a wall.
    Its like swimming up a river, you can make progress depending on how hard you swim.
    The difference here is that there's someone (NCSoft) higher up the river chopping trees and throwing them in the watter.

This is where St0ne is absolutely right.
    NCSoft has to understand, that this game has to be localized properly. (and no. localizing a game isnt just changing the language)

For example:
    Everything bellow 99 is low/entry level content.
    Why arent r85 and r95 gear garanteed 100% sucess rate for elementalizing?
    Why arent r85 and r95 gear garanteed higher level of safe enchantment? (and no, it wont make r99 useless nor obsolete)
    This server does not have a high number of players playing actively. If we have a low number playerbase, why arent the drop rates raised to compensate? Unless our playerbase is supposed to match a full server farm somehow?
    Things like elemental stones being a rare drop (despite being 100% essential) or even the fact that we do not have recipes that players can use/register to craft elemental crystals. (5 stones + 3kk at an npc, with the adena available?)

I could go on, but what i mean is:
    Would it be so hard to have some changes, that wouldnt realy change the game as it is for endgame players, but would add a truckload of quality of life for the low/mid end.
    I am not trying to make the game hand out everything. just tiny adjustments to make these players dreams last. (cruelty, i know)

Lillim and max11 like this.
  8. goduole

goduole User

And when u reach 105 lvl ur quests will be just factions, where u can get like 2-8kk this is normal? For example farming elven vilage faction u need atleast 100b gear as dd may lover as support but whatever and u get like 4 or 5kk per day :D ofc aden drops much bigger u can end up in like 15-20kk per hour, but when u realize how much time, money or whatever it costed for u to reach top content its just nothing :)

Lillim likes this.
  9. Ahanna

Ahanna User

Adena from mobs shouldn't be your only income, the only one way to farm adena outside instance/market is if you can handle party zone alone (pavel ruins/atelia/loc...) if not, go back pumping those toons for zakens/freya untill you ready. And if youn want this End game, you need focus on this, cuz u won't need to wait 1h+ for party, and then after 30 mins back to city, because someone got bored. You'll be able to farm whenever you want, how much you want, and with nice adena income. But untill then... use your brains to make gear for it.

CM Fragola likes this.
  10. xLeax

xLeax User

I really don´t know why adena should be an problem, i heard somewhere that someone said in Atelia its possible to make 100-150 mil per hour in Paulina sets ( as a cp, so per Player 15-20 mil)

11. Ahanna

Ahanna User

With some gear ~5b worth and proper char u can make 100+/h in pavel ruins (with prestige), but it's quite exhausting to make same trains for hours...

12. goduole

goduole User

I can solo it :D this theme is not about that.. just wanted to say that in top lvls things not gona be better :D and u guys count 100kk per hour as big money when only on proper set u need 30-80b adens.. ofc its good way to earn them but how long u can stand farm same place every day and u still need a years to biuld char ^^

Lillim likes this.
  13. xLeax

xLeax User

so why all those complains? everything is fine

14. Ahanna

Ahanna User

It's not, if you completely new to the server, or L2, or just not familiar with GOD, the start is way too hard, and noone is willing to give a normal guide for new players, how to make adena, how not to waste your time.
    Good example from todays Verb stream, he was doing subs and killing raids, with C grade!. This way you don't show for new people your as old player experience which they lack. If you have CH, try to buy those 5 GE, 5GE x 5.5kk each = 27.5kk, put in AH for ~6.8, or sell to any dworf in Aden. Do it twice and u will have 10kk+ profit, now go buy 8 Powerful fish, change it to Expertise Rune R-grade, and in the time he killed those raids you could kill 3x more raids, so you won't stick to your subs too long. And it's only 1 of many simple tricks new player doesn't know.

15. mYzor

mYzor User

The subs thing is one of many instances where people need to think if the effort/resources they put into is worth the rewards.
    I make my subs 80 as soon as i can as .. well i cant help it.
    But for new players, they arent really worth it. The skills they provide (the passive ones) are so weak they barely make a difference.

Sometimes i wonder if they completely removed Exp rewards from kartia's and similar instances and only left them with decent equipment rewards if it wouldnt be better for the game.
    People would be able to get basic gear fairly easely and then they would have to go out to exp, providing the big map of this game some life, drama and entertainment.

16. Ahanna

Ahanna User

Many instances should be reworked for good, if you do kartia,kama,baylor,balok,cc, (basicly all old instances) it's PoM>Debuffs>Buffs>Raps>Kill Raid>NextBoss/PR>Next Instance...
    And if you the guy who logs to do dailies only, I don't know how long it's gonna take you to get bored and >Unistall<. About open field, we already have factions, but it should be more rewarding, so you can chose what you want to do today, instances or open field? Now if you want good exp you must do almost all of instances and then only if you play more 2h+/day you have time for open field.

17. goduole

goduole User

Its pay for me just runes and some gambles :D

18. St0ne

St0ne User

A 100kk + in hour ?! Realy?! Wow!
    Did NcSoft increased a drop rates over there?
    Bcoz last time I was there farming like crazy with every possible boost to dps/drops and I got at maximum 90kk,never in my dreams reached 100kk+ in hour.

My point is here. Be realistic.
    As I said many times before L2 is either ur time ,or ur wallet.
    Recently its not possible w/o a cash to be even near end game .
    NcSoft wont change anything regarding rewards ,or drops as long as pple exploit it.

19. UgahBugah

UgahBugah User

I think focusing on adena alone is the wrong approach. Those timelines are linked to adena, this is why I don't think it should represent the game. The goal is to obtain those listed items and not to obtain adena to buy them. What if it's a new server? There is nobody to buy from, so you have to make it yourself. This should be the main focus, creating more and new items and not recirculating the old ones, which have been sold and resold a million times. You can see the problem with the game. Making adena so you can buy gear from overgeared veteran players instead of making things yourself. Crafting needs to be renewed, gear parts and recipes more available. Maybe even drops back in the game, instead of having modify armor and other meaningless drops from bosses.

Players should focus on their main characters and farm everything available to obtain those items, not waste their time on alts and to always put yourself in the position of the buyer instead of a seller.

20. Naito

Naito User

I hope this game will die faster than 1 or 2 year so i will stop waste my money. Sadly as addicted person can't make the decision to stop playing by myself... This company know it and using it. I know how it sounds, but i am not the only one person which just cant feel other game. Lineage 2 is my first online game, after playing so many years i just can't enjoy other games...

iEmily and goduole like this.