1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook Forum

[Guide Contest] Dark Knight - how to invest your resource

Discussion in 'Players Guides' started by SilverFangs, May 20, 2020.

1. SilverFangs

SilverFangs User

Forewords
    This guide is all about my experiment with DK - DE race. I am not a top DK player by any mean, but I do love the class and have been trying different setups to see the most efficient ways to play with my limited budget. If you find anything you want to add/change/correct, please let me know and I can include in this guide.

The pros and cons of playing as a DK

Pros:
    • DK is a strong class, which can fit many roles both as a DPS or crowd-control
    • DK has really good offensive skills (both for pve and pvp), decent HP (you can get around 13k HP with fairly good gears) and PDef
    • DK is a fun class to troll around, you can pull AFK players out of their farming spots and let them high and dry :D
    • DE race DK has impressive passive skill which allow you crit damage sky high as well as Hex to make the –Pdef becomes a nightmare for others.
    Cons:
    • It is expensive to learn all DK skills – most of the important skill drop from solo mobs (Drain magic energy, bone cage) as well as top group boss (Hell Fire/devour/Ultimate transform)
    • You need to invest decent amount of money when you reach certain level or DK will be really weak (more detail will be discussed later on)
    PVE aspect
    I will not go into detail cause there is a good guide already - https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/676157/
    I will just share my experience and what I have done so you can decide for yourself

For level 40 to 65: you can level up relative easy with moon set and weapon, the mobs can be 1-2 shots with your skill. Throw in between the auto attack so you can get enough MP – do put pull on the skill bar to ks mobs -> it has 0 MP usage.​

For level 66 to 76: if you are lucky, you should have coupon weapon C from your random craft, please remember DK can only use one hand sword, don’t exchange for any other weapon. You should try to get plate armor set (heavy one) – it’s quite cheap the whole set (3 parts) you can get for 3 to 4kk. If you are not strong, don’t go Cruma, mobs are really hard to farm and the HP consumption is huge. Simply afk exp on the recommended filed by the map.​

For level 76+: This was the time I almost gave up my DK, cause he was weak as hell comparing to other toons like DA/Mastero. My char back then ran out of MP really fast and it cannot even tank the Plain of Lizzard where others can farm without any HP pots. So what I did that make the differences:​
    • Get a B-grade set (I used Blue Wolf Heavy set for +3str options and running speed)
    • If you can get a C sword +8 -10 then use it otherwise your moon sword will have PAtk equal to a C+7 sword – Runes are expensive so if you can’t afford it, it’s fine
    • The important things is to get your passive skill Drain Magic Energy to level 2 (one book now cost around 30kk each) – it helps with your MP management, on each of your attack it can help re-gain 2% of your total MP (which is huge) and the chance to recover is decent. The skill can be learnt up to level 3, but I found that level 2 is already enough for your daily usage.
    • Don’t minus CON, people say CON is not important for PVE is not correct, 50 CON give you extra +200 PDEF which helps a lot in pve/pvp. With its good stat base, DK is really easy to get 50 CON without any tattoo.
    • If you have extra stat, go for STR (I did try to invest into DEX to get the Critical Rate as well as the skill recovery time but it does not work well enough) – as DE race, you will find the str stat give you huge PATK, which make your damage a lot higher.
    Apart from that, you can auto almost everywhere with little worries

Gear and other items priority
    If you wonders what to buy when you have money to spare, you can consider the below suggestion:
    Armor:
    • Main armor: Tallum heavy is quite OK cause it’s cheap, if you can afford more go for MJT Heavy (if you farm in TOI) or Nightmare Heavy (if you farm in DV)
    • Gloves: MJT heavy is quite expensive (80-100kk at the moment) as it give +50 atk speed (along with others things) but a tallum gloves is just fine. If you want to farm extra save – go for Nightmare Leather glove which gives you 2% HP Varmpic chance
    • Boots: same story as above, Nightmare Leather boots gives another 2% varmpic chance
    • Helmet: I saw many top players have 2 robe helmet (Tallum for Mdef and DC for pdef) – I currently use a DV heavy helmet cause it dropped on me :D
    Weapon:
    • If you can go for Sirra+5 then go for it (it’s expensive though 300kk last I checked)
    • For PVE a Samurai sword +10 or above should be just fine
    • For runes: I use Tyrr (atk speed) and (Sigel % max HP)
    Jewel:
    The more the better but I found the following order worked for me:
    • Spinel (Lv 1 is already good, Lv 2 is relatively easy to compound – Lv 3 is expensive but worth it)
    • Onyx: it gives % soulshot damage – the normal animation of DK already made the SS looks difference so even with Onyx lv 3, it does not look different comparing to other classes
    • Zircon: it gives a nice boost to your critical damage – combine with our innate ability, the crit damage is so appealing that you will forget the hardship you went through
    • Coral: it gives boost to your atk speed – which is nice
    Accessories:
    If you have talisman bracelet level 3 then you are good to go, if you only have lv 1 then you will have to choose very carefully:
    • Eva talisman: it gives you MP regen, - MP consumption -> I found that you can put a Lv 2 Eva talisman to see the difference already (my highest priority). Ideally, get a lv 5 eva
    • Authority talisman: currently the dream box event gives you a chance to obtain this talisman when open the 100Lcoin box (the previous event is 1000Lcoin for 1 box of authority) – if you have the chance to play, go for it, it’s so powerful …. Event with lv 3, it’s already a huge boost – the rate to enchant is … speechless
    • Aden talisman: It’s not too hard to get a +5 aden which gives nice bonus, if you are lucky, aim for a +7
    • Talisman of Speed: don’t buy it from the shop (which costs 2kk) wait until lv 76 and you can do the weekly quest and obtain those for free. The scroll to enchant is in the game assistant shop on the right handside. Aim for a +5 or +6 one, really good.
    • Vernir: it’s hard and expensive to get to level 15 -> do it when you have a lot of extra money and nothing else to build
    Try to get your belt to lv 5 as it’s a game changing -> the lv 5 belt give you extra 80 HP when you use HP pot, meaning each pot will help you recover 130HP -> life saver here.

PVP aspect:
    DK in a mass war can do a lot of things:
    • Use your pull wisely to isolate the cannon glass classes from your enemy (Bow/mage/healer) – don’t pull another DK into your formation or he/she can destroy you
    • Use your AOE skill (Hellfire) if you are near a lot of enemy, it will insanely minus their PDEF/MDEF, follow up with your lighting storm – rush back to your friend to recover or die with smile on your face, your duty is served
    • Combine with your Dark Aura to inflict fear into your enemy while you hit them with your AOE -> it can give you some room to breathe and can even change the battle tide.
    • Use your bone cage to seal off enemy if they are shooting like a mad dog. It allows you to reset and your friends walk into good positions. Remember while in bone cage, no damage can be dealt to him/her and likewise.
    • Use your Death Guard skill, to receive 10% damage less, and long range attack
    • It’s tanky enough to take hit so don’t be afraid, rush, shield your friend, be a man.
    Last words:
    • If you want to try DK class go for Dark Elf race (the best) or Human (good) – DK Elf is a bit weak to be honest.
    • If you don’t have enough money to build your DK, don’t give up, accumulate slowly, the class is fun to play, struggle with it and find a way to overcome – that makes the game interesting
    • If you cannot afford top armor (Ice Crystal Heavy set) try to find a cheap A grade armor +5 (I bought mine for 90kk) – it helps a lot and it will take a long time before you can afford the top armor (1B5 for a +5 set I think)
    • This game is interesting as every little thing counts, small gain and achievement makes the char stronger bit by bit – that brings me joy :D