1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

New Player (yes they exist!!)

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by Darkverina, May 24, 2020.

1. Darkverina

Darkverina User

Hello guys, due to nostalgia reasons (i accidentaly put l2 themes and get sensitive), i decided to give this game a go. I've never played GoD and beyond so i run arround like a headless chicken not knowing what to do. As you might have guessed, i got some questions on how to progress further. Now before ppl start telling me to quit, that this game is full p2w and you have to spend like a 100k to become competitive, i know all that, what im looking for is some guidlines on what goals i should set, what mistakes i shall avoid because this game is not forgiving.

1) I started 3 days ago playing a feoh storm screamer (lvl103) with an iss hierophant (lvl101), is this the correct alt buffer?
    2) I currently wear the 1e wep and armor from the l2store, what is the next step i should aim gear wise and with what order of importance?
    3) Should i create alts till 100lvl to get the circlets and break them for stones to upgrade my circlet?
    4)Is there something i should do daily?
    5)Any advice to progress on the game :D
    and the final question
    6)Any clan that can accept a noob to its ranks, who is willing to follow guidlines and progress while spending some money on the way.

Thank you in advance for even reading,
    Yours :)

2. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

1) For an iss box, yes. Alternative isses are Doomcryer and Dominator for party "pom" (less powerful than pom from Hierophant).

2) PVE weapon, a better robe set and more items to increase your PVE ability. There are too many items, I will make you a list further.

3) If you have spare time, do it.

4-5) Check this guide: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/676196/. By the way, doing all Exalted Quests. Max m. crit rate for feoh is 333-334 (=33%). Going higher giving you nothing.

You can see Feoh playing with one-handed weapon+sigil instead of retributed. Sigil providing you more skill power.

6) I don't know. You can join our Discord server, there are players willing to help in your adventure.

Here list of all items to get, pick what you want from it with your budget. Start by taking the cheapest one which is providing the more benefit to your character. You can check L2wiki for item description or check in the game.
    - Get a PVE weapon and a better robe set. You go for PVE R99 robe set. A R110 robe is too expensive for PVE.
    - Upgrade your brooch from level 3 to level 4. In the future, you go for 5 then greater brooch jewel. Focus on Sapphire/Opal
    - Acquire this brooch jewel: Blue Cat Eye.
    - Upgrade La Vie en Rose brooch to get 4/5/6 jewel slots. You can upgrade it more to get more power.
    - Enchant your skills when there will be event to get Codex
    - For jewels : Get a Soul Baium Ring and Soul Ant Queen Ring. It will provide your m. crit damage to increase your damage. As necklace, you go for Soul Frintezza for cooldown reduction then change it for a Blessed Valakas (giving you m.atk and cooldown reduction). For earrings, make an Atlas Earrings (free item to make with mentees). Then as second earring, you can go for a cheap one or skip it right to get Lindvior Earring (more m. crit damage). You can also work to get a Blessed Antharas (for defense) but it's not mandatory for PVE path.
    - Improve your belt : Get Lydia/Gustav/Nurka or skip it to get Ekimus belt. Later, get Ruler's Belt. Later later, turn it to Improved.
    - Upgrade the seed talisman to talisman then insanity
    - Get a Venir talisman lvl12 + 7 Sign talisman, Abundance talisman, Sayha talisman 5/7/8/9/10 (it has one pve damage skill)
    - Radiant Wizard Circlet +5
    - Expert Mask+5 or Savior Mask
    - Seed Bracelet + Agathion charms (get Libra and Aquaris charm)
    - Get a Dragon Shirt +0. Later, turn it into a Dragon Shirt +5 and get a Shiny Elemental Shirt +10
    - Turn weapon to PVE or get a Dragon Weapon. On your R110 weapon, put double M. skill crit damage SA. Also, put Feoh as 3rd SA (from Mystic Soul) or M. skill crit damage (from Shillien Soul Crystal). If you are going for a Dragon Weapon, change your feoh to ArchMage instead of staying StormScreamer because a Lindvior Dragon Weapon is more expensive than others weapons.
    - Make Kaliel Bracelet. If you cannot yet, maybe you can find a bracelet +5 CHA until you make a good Kaliel Bracelet. You can also make this event instance to get Lucien Bracelet (M.Atk) and enchant it.
    - Get Artifact Book lvl 1, get some good artifact +3/+4 for damage (m. skill power, m. crit damage, dmg to immobilized target, m.atk, what else I could have forgotten ?). Fill others artifact slots with whatever to active effect on the book. Later, you upgrade Artifact Book to lvl 2/3 and upgrade artifact to higher enchant.
    - Dyes : Keep them. Later, replace them with +5 INT dyes. In the future, replace them with the new dyes : Legendary Dye lvl 5 (M. Skill Power), Legendary Dye lvl 5 (M. Skill Damage)
    - Get Forgotten Book ... when there will be event for that
    - Roll a top-grade homunkulus Churing (M.Atk trigger) and an Ayri (Skill power trigger). Ayri might give you more DPS, it has to be tested. There is a guide for homunkulus: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/676199/
    - Level up your dual class to pick passive skill for your feoh

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    hachre likes this.
  3. Darkverina

Darkverina User

wow thats a load of information , thank you very much mr mod <3

4. NeoTiger

I've done several fixes on my post, thanks to @Takanodan. I will make a better guide in the future.

5. zauliuz

zauliuz User

if you can write decent guide how to make enough adena (and how long it takes) for those items would be awesome :D

6. Darkverina

Darkverina User

i read somewhere that <+12 retributer is better than onehand+sigil, is that true?

7. CarmenSpectra

CarmenSpectra User

You already have a long list of items which you can get to improve your Feoh.
    Those items cost a lot of adena. If you want all top items, it will cost hundreds of billions adena, maybe more.

But you are just started few days ago, there is not much adena in your inventory.
    I am going to tell you what you can get for free to improve your Feoh.
    Maybe later on, you will find a way to gain some adena to buy a few items on that list of NeoTiger.

First of all, Iss Hierophant is the best box Iss Enchanter for a DD. Prophecy of Might (PoM) does give your Feoh a lot of power.
    But you need to keep your Iss in party in order to give buffs until you know how to do it without sharing XP with your box Iss (with a dead pet).
    A lot of people leveling their chars with a Domi because Domi can give buffs out of party but both chars need to be in the same clan.
    I suggest you to level your box iss to at least lvl 103. In case of Iss Hierophant, for PoM.

What you need now is a mentor. Not for the mentor buffs but for the free Atlast Ring and Expert Mask when your Feoh hits lvl 105.
    Both items are good for Feoh when you enchant Atlast Ring to +12 and Expert Mask to +5.
    So don't hit 105 without a mentor :)

Level 3 chars to lvl 100 for the +5 circlet. I suggest to make Yul, fast leveling and easy on macro too.
    Exchange this +5 circlet with the Dimensional Merchant npc for the upgrade stone.
    With your Wizard Circlet and 3 upgrade stones, go to Head of Blacksmith in any town to upgrade to Noble Wizard Circlet.
    Later on, you can try to enchant it to +5 or ask some friendly person with a lot of LUC to enchant it for you.
    Noble Wizard Circlet +4 or +5 is enough for now. Later on, upgrading to Radiant one.

At current level you need to focus on finishing Exalted quest part 1 and 2 for free Exalted gear.
    The Enhanced Exalted weapon is good enough for now, despite the Holy attack attribute.
    Exalted part 3 up to part 5 give you some better passive skills, worth to do. Part 6 is the last part, it is for later.

After 105, level your dualclass up to lvl 105 for dualclass passive skills.
    These passive skills are very welcome, they do make your char stronger.
    You can go for another Feoh class as dual. There are Pro and Con about having the Feoh class as dualclass.
    Pro: you dont need any other items when you change class.
    Con: it is kinda boring to have 2 Feoh classes on your main char. But for now, you need dualclass skills and you will focus on leveling main class anyway. Later on, you always can change dualclass for any other class (except Domi, Maestro and Ertheia) on Red Libra event.

After your main class hits level 105, you can be mentor for your own mentees.
    Level a few mentees for mentee marks. Go for Yul, fast and easy on macro unless you want to try out other classes.
    Then you exchange mentee marks for enchant scrolls to enchant Atlas Ring to +12 (no faillure on enchanting) and Expert Mask to +5 (when you fails, the mask goes back to +0).

Those things you can do and make your Feoh stronger for free.

There are several daily instance and session zones you can do at your current level.
    Kastia: there are 5 levels 100/105/110/115/120. It doesn't mean that you are at level 103 and you cannot enter Kastia 120.
    You can but I dont think you can finish it. I know people who are at lvl 106 and can do Kastia 120 with success but they have good gear (dragon weapons) or they are skilled Evi's :)
    You better try out Kastia 100 first and next day 105. As Feoh I suggest you to kill all mobs first then the boss.

Session zones are also called timed zones, here you can read all about these times zones.
    https://l2wiki.com/Session_Zones
    The best Xp you can get is Abandoned Coal Mines up to level 106.
    https://l2wiki.com/Session_Zone_-_Abandoned_Coal_Mines

To make progression on the game after 105, you will need to spend real money or time.
    Some people prefer to work hard in real life and spending money ingame.
    Some people prefer to spend a lot of time ingame.
    One way or another, you will need to spend money of time to make progression.
    Both methods do work, only lazy people will quit after 105.

If you need some more info, mentor (I have plenty of char lvl105+), clan (I have alt clan), try to contact me on Discord: https://discordservers.com/server/262927711977078794
    On Discord my nick is the same as my main char, CarmenSpectre.
    Or just send me a mail ingame to my main char, I will try to answer you asap.

Good luck and have fun with your journey!
    PS. This game is very boring if you play all alone, try to make some friends ingame. There is a lot of good, friendly, helpful players on Core :).
    Not everyone will tell you to quit before your journey is started.
    BTW, the game starts after 105. Before lvl 105 you are basically in the training academy.

hachre and Leckter like this.
  8. Darkverina

Darkverina User

@CarmenSpectra thats a load of helpfull info and im relieved that im doing many of these things already. I got one fragment for the circlet and second char lvl99. I do kastia everyday and abandoned mines, they give good xp and some xp pots. I already got a mentor and im almost finished on my first exalted quest. I dont expect to be top1 in 1 week or ever, i like grinding and the sense of achievement after getting a juicy upgrade is priceless.

9. CarmenSpectra

CarmenSpectra User

Indeed.
    Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results.

I play last 5 years on Core and I am still trying to improve my char everday.
    FYI: I am not even in top 100 on Core but I am a healer, I cannot kill even an elpy :p

10. Darkverina

Darkverina User

what enchantment on weapons and armors shall i look for?

11. NeoTiger

Armor: Go for a cheap R99 +8. In the end, you must have at least an armor +10 to benefit from all enchantment effect..
    Weeapon: Go for a cheap +4. Then make it +8/+10. Can do +12 if slightly crazy, even more ++ if you are crazier enough. You can also skip this enchantment process and go for a Dragon Weapon. It's more expensive but it will provide you even more damage.

12. Darkverina

Darkverina User

shall i buy a clean wep and slowly put sa/atri/pve effect? also buy an r99 or r110 wep?

13. NeoTiger

It's sometimes cheaper to buy an existing overenchanted PVE weapon than to make it.

My advice, for a player like you who is not an elder, is to get a R99 PVE weapon and use rest of adena for others items. After you have fixed several items from the list and level up, you can think changing this R99 PVE weapon with a R110 PVE weapon (or even Supreme weapon) or a Dragon Weapon.

Well, I have seen player who skipped all this step and rush to Dragon Weapon during event ... Ok, it was a good opportunity to get it but for me, it's like someone who getting recently his driving licence and having a super luxury car. You know what I mean.

Maybe others would disagree with my opinion :p

14. Darkverina

Darkverina User

i decided to spend some euros and bought a blessed helios retri +9 with 2sa for 7b, i hope didnt screw up, but the update is noticable so far

15. NeoTiger

You can turn this weapon to PVE later :)

16. ExtenZ_MD

ExtenZ_MD User

Oh no!
    I see I can wear sigil if i hawe 2hand staff, 2 hand sword and bows
    NcSoft, u are seriosly?!?