1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

PK and more PK

Discussion in 'Activity' started by HyperMetroPya, Jun 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. HyperMetroPya

HyperMetroPya User

the guy enters the low level area and kills everyone, leaves and waits for us to come back then comes again and again and again, is there anything we can do? is this allowed?

2. zauliuz

zauliuz User

yes, it's allowed. you can call somebody high lvl to protect you, for free or for payment :)
    and today will be "fix" for PK'ers, they will get some pdef/mdef debuff, and top30 pk'ers will be visible on map.

OmniCSH likes this.
  3. Pougen

Pougen User

4. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Of course, except that harassing ppl with pk to extort payment, from PKer char or from another "protector" char of theirs is no longer allowed.
    And the fix is irrelevant as long as the aoe bug to open war is still on. There will be more wars, that is all. Only for ppl without a clan things will change for the better. Great job, encourage even more "social distancing".

5. zauliuz

zauliuz User

if somebody says "pay me 1b or i'll pk you" now, like true millenial who can't protect himself and can't handle stronger word, you can run straight to support and write ticket. that "bad guy" probably will be punished. but you always can ask friends to protect you. And for cw, now there is only 3 ways to trigger war:
    1 - you use AoE skills without target like shadow snare* or phoenix arrow, or as wynn you have "defend" option on pets (not sure or this work if you set attack only mobs)
    2 - you attack "everything" instead of mobs
    3 - somebody who really want cw with your clan, drag you in to fort combat zone, and with tank use aggro to make you target him (and by default it should work, because you have target, doesn't matter that it's not a mob, unless this was fixed). So where is a bug? everything legit. maybe "exploit" for some conspiracy theory lovers, but everything is game mechanics.

*for feohs with shadow snare you need a tank to force target you when he get flag.

no it's not. it still easy and more fun. and since no item drop/destruction those pkers literally swinging middle finger in front of your (staff and players who is complaining about being pked) nose.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    OmniCSH likes this.
  6. Pougen

Pougen User

Mmmm farming solo afk is not really what we can call "social".

PK system is dead / useless / broken, even with new patch, but it's really a problem only for ppl farming alone 24/7 with overpriced rune on.

The problem is not the PK system, it's the afk farm system from wich people expect everything.

About war bug with AoE, ppl used to do the same thing with a spy in clan they wanted war with.

That what happen when you try to make a solo game with a MMO. Now everyone playing L2 have 30 + and a Job, so yes it's convinient but you can't complain if you're playing the game afk.

zauliuz likes this.
  7. OmniCSH

OmniCSH User

That's the most true thing i read in sometime... When u are 24/7 afk farming and the game has the PK System, u cant expect to be alive during the whole time, u should't actually.

I just think that when we had a reward for killing PKers the game felt more alive at least it had some objective in chasing pkers...

HyperMetroPya and zauliuz like this.
  8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Aaaaaand… Here we go again about the afk ***.
    War is supposed to be a consensual thing, when it can be opened through "game mechanics" against your will, then it is not working as expected, i.e. bug.
    As for the spy thing, yes, but then you can kick spy and close, they will need to put another spy in.
    When you have target only mobs and you can still pk or kill char, afk or not (you can come on flagged dagger, for example, which is in hide, so, the afk "argument" doesn't work here either) then there is a problem.

9. zauliuz

zauliuz User

if you leave your char afk unattended that means you don't care about consequences. simple as that.
    as for cw.. you probably forgot whats happened in GoD.. here is a reminder - GoD patch notes/clan wars
    so far this game from MMO become SPA (single player afk) based game.

10. MaoMao

MaoMao User

11. Pougen

Pougen User

I don't understand why you point this MaoMao, Clan Wars (and pvp) are dead since afk farm is on, why would someone care about how to start one.

But more on topic, clan wars were a way to promote clan bond, clan party, clan event (social things), XP together at close spots to defend in case of ennemy attack.

Did you really thinked about it before writing that. I mean ... whaaaaaat ?

And yeah, active players should have priority / way to kill / take spots over afk, or just rename the game "Lineage 2 manager"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Leckter likes this.
  12. zauliuz

zauliuz User

stop cry kid, that PK system is completely ***** up because you didn't drop or destroy anything when you die. so there is no point to cry about that. and for clan wars.. keep 14 peoples in clan or tell them not to use AoE skills who does damage and didn't require target (phoenix arrow, eruption, 2 evi skills (forgot their name, one to push mobs from you and another pull them near you)).
    so where is your problem? with or without cw anybody is able to kill your bots in any spot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2020
  13. OmniCSH

OmniCSH User

I need to agree with that, it's EZ AF to kill bots if u don't want to be killed be at the PC or at least check every few minutes, it's the only way.

Said that I would like to advocate for a penalty or something for PKers, like items dorps or something like that. That will make ppl want to chase PKers and will give more alive to a game that is turning itself in a Simcity or Tropico game (an administration game, for those who doesn't recognize the titles...)

HyperMetroPya likes this.
  14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Of course they can, there are many ways to take spots from AFKer and setup your AFK without griefing newbies at altar or bloody swampland in CW. You can use a wynn, you can pull/push afker, you can use special PK char, I can think of 10 other ways which don't require CW and newbie PK with dragon bow at EV under the pretext of CW. There is also the outdamage ability every cheater has to use his ill-gotten gear to one shot mobs at 3 spots making legits run around without touching one mob, come on, guys, be creative, use brain if you still have it! There are so many ways of griefing in this game you don't need free PK for that!
    CW against legits serves only one purpose, pushing out newbies and closing the server down when all ebayers wont have anyone to sell things to make a buck and nobody to sell them l2store.

And quit dreaming about reactivating the old bug with drop, if they will ever allow drop again, you wont be able to make ppl pkers, you will either be purple after being red for a while, killing PC in AoE wont work anymore, there will be a cd period after being purple, etc. Free $$$ for cheaters will still be available, but not with that bug, you have made enough money with it, try to find others to exploit.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  15. zauliuz

zauliuz User

well, cw system need rollback to pre-god version. or some improvements with current clan skills where if you chose PVE skills route you can't sign for any castle/fort siege or clanwars. and to change skills route cost too much to "abuse it" one day it's pve clan, on weekend pvp.. And for PK. well, that system is literally useless now, but peoples need some kind reward for killing PK. So like this that ninja guy wouldn't be a nightmare for low lvl afkers.

16. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Actually GoD version wasn't that bad. You closed war and for 3 weeks griefers had to find other victims. Of course they could make 10 clans for it, but 100 k crp per month is not that much for an active clan, or you can need clan level 10 at least for CW, sieges and wahtnot so this would limit the griefing options.
    That is, if PKing is really made unappealing.

17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Of course I did, if it wasn't meant that way, then why can you close it? If it was meant for endless griefing, then there should be no option to close, or at least have a minimum griefing time, not be able to end it immediately. Or have higher penalties for it so legits cant actually close it, 10 k crp is just lol, one man clan level 5 can manage it easy.
    But, of course, as long as the bug is still present, the option to end it is also superfluous, why end when griefers can open again in a few minutes?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  18. zauliuz

zauliuz User

cw and pk was for a reason. cw was cw, both clans agree with that and they fight. PK was brutal way to show "how good you are" but it had price - you drop items if you die. now both features is useless.

19. Pougen

Pougen User

Both CW and PK were based on 4% XP loss fear. That was why you didn't wanted to be pk'ed, and why you declared war back.

It was all about pressure on clan / char, nothing consensual, quite the opposite.

System is still the same, but 100% rez, bot, dead geopolitic (mid / low players), lack of players, things to achieve or fight for, make it irrelevant, so it's used by bored ppl to do ****.

The way the game evolved, they only remove more and more content, introduce OP stuff, and don't adapt the whole little things tied to it to keep a balance and logic.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    zauliuz, MaoMao and Leckter like this.
  20. MaoMao

MaoMao User

I was PKed thousands of times in Botland for going near trains with chars named BotReport1 2, etc and "harrassing" bots, but never declared war because those were purely adena operations and "powerlevel services" enforced by "heroes".
    I agree that harassing those cheaters was more fun than today, major adena traders don't want trouble and leave legits be, it is the small desperate ones that try to achieve market share through PK and "gear-up" calls to us. By this time the small ones know we wont buy their adena and also lost interest.
    The server is providing less and less entertainment for the "customers" of those ppl badly affecting sales and they are left with a ton of adena and gear and essentially they give it for free to some ppl, just to join them as support.
    Yes, CW don't scare anyone with a brain these days, not to mention PK, therefore the "big boys" move to other games where griefing is better and here more and more legits join and have fun in PvE.
    I think l2 is no longer what it was but, from my minority point of view, it is more fun, more pve people to choose from and do things with, we can afford CW now and annoy ebayers because there is nothing to be lost and see them fume because they cant scare you is one of the things I dreamed of since the times when Russians took over from the Chinese the adena market in botland and started promoting sales through the same methods they use in here.

I was never scared by either wars or PK, but there were few ppl willing to go through that when you were losing exp (and even items, at the start) and it was so hard to get it back while also staying legit.

I can still see the remanant of that fear even in ebayers today, there were a few small scale ones that recently "graduated" from my clan to join "bigger" ebayers and pk newbies at bloody and even altar of evil for duals using the CW (opened with bug) pretext, but they also "graduated" 2 times before because were afraid of war...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020