1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Important: Let's keep you safe

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by CM Fragola, Jun 28, 2017.

1. MrOurk

MrOurk User

There are way more ways, it happened to me in another game because of company's side exploitable account management :D

2. Finny

Finny User

The limit of 5 trusted PCs literally kills the way Constant Parties are working. I can't imagine CP management with such limit. Fragola i'm sure u have knowledge how typical CP works, do u have any idea how to deal with playing in CP with no access to all CP accounts?

Padj1l likes this.
  3. Fragola

Fragola User

Actually, your logins and passwords were never leaked from 4game platform, but rather there are people who use the same email, logins and passes on illegal servers - and those guys don't care about your security at all. So @zauliuz is right:

As for:
    I know how typical alive CP works. As I've said earlier, acc sharing is prohibited, so I won't discuss this.

I can only notice that Ru survives it somehow, I'm sure you can find a way to do it as well.

marckela likes this.
  4. Padj1l

Padj1l User

Prohibited but it's never been enforced by innova and you know very well how this game works. Hypocrisy lvl over 9000. Of course we'll survive it, it's just 1 more failure of yours, we're getting used to it anyway. Keep stacking them like this till you definitely piss off the last players you have, it's a good way to make business i guess.

Leckter, cybermorfer and MrOurk like this.
  5. MrOurk

MrOurk User

Well as an user I feel literally pissed off a lot if this is going to be enforced because there is literally no reason for this and it's way too annoying, I guess more people are with me

6. Anxxonymous

Anxxonymous User

Things are prohibited only when it goes in Innova's way. I don't understand why it's such an issue to increase the amount of saved PC.

Rename the topic in : "Important : We're bothering you." I do agree with you sometimes Fragola , but this time , no way I can agree. It just shows that you're lazy because you can fix the amount of saved PC , because for once , NC Korea has nothing to do with it.

7. Esgaroth

Esgaroth User

Hello.

Whether It is prohibited or not , or If you will discuss it or not , If out of nowhere more and more people start emo-quiting because of such a simple thing (Like are we serious ? People leave for countless other reasons and you must add one more to them? ) servers will empty even more.. there are already very few people playing especially now in summer , contrary to the past years.It is not exactly so simple with forcing things into players because they can simply leave if they get pissed,and you will end up keeping only your rules.Please be realistic for one time,you might want account sharing to prohibited and to enforce security , but above all you need people playing on your servers and CPs that do the most of it.
    If you are going to force us into this and make it forced without the ability to turn it off, at least increase the allowed PCs to 10 ,or even unlimited.You don't have to kill your own servers without any serious reason.

In any case forcing "security" into us is in the very least annoying , If not worse.

8. zauliuz

zauliuz User

CM Fragola so maybe ask to add option to disable that "security" feature?

9. Fragola

Fragola User

you can enable it now, but people are still getting hacked, so what would be the difference then?

10. Rnika

Rnika User

What if i have 15 accounts, and 10 of them are on mail i used jsut to make 4game account and i dont renember thri accounts passwords or even mails becouse i use short account login.... Thats means i will loose my accounts?
    Even if i will get my email adress i still dont know password or cant get it back if someone making account on fast just to get another account on 4game.... Just great i will loose accounts becouse you cant provide normal security system... Cand do code like NCsoft/West have cant do nromal launcher just stupit www site...

11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

so innova db was hacked?
    anw for this "security" feature you need change something.. add possibility link 5+ accounts on same phone number.. cuz with emails.. if "mr.hacker" have keylogger in your pc he can access to your mail. and then do anything he wants :)

12. MrOurk

MrOurk User

Well honestly if you have something like trusted PC which is not more than authentication in 2 steps and because you're not using it you're getting hacked it's users fault, simple as that

13. Fragola

Fragola User

no, accounts get hacked, not Innova's DB.

14. Rnika

Rnika User

So this is their problem. Why everyone have to suffer becouse bunch morons gave their passes to someone not trusted?

zauliuz likes this.
  15. zauliuz

zauliuz User

or it's B case when that clown share whole cp logins during stream and act like nothing happened?

16. Nehel

Nehel User

Here are some random questions not related to account sharing:

1- Is there any technical limitation preventing the 4Game plateform from using 1 phone # on multiple accounts?
    2- Same question about mails?
    3- Why 5 trusted PCs "only"? Random number of your choice or real limitation from your software?
    4- Following #3: How can I play with my 6th and 7th computers? (I don't own that many computers, but I'm sure there are people around here that will fall in this category)

Thanks for your reply.

PS:
    Well... EU isn't Russia and... It will most likely never be.
    The only solution that pops in my mind wouldn't be considered legal by you (hwid spoofer) and is surely what your fellow Russians players are using.

17. Fragola

Fragola User

Did you know that you can still log in with code even if the list of trusted is full? or that you don't have to add PC to trusted to log in with a code?
    It's like you need a code anyway for every log in except for 5 trusted PCs that can log in without a code.

18. Fragola

Fragola User

yes, at the moment the platform doesn't allow using 1 phone on multiple accounts.

same. 1 account = 1 mail

that's a rhetoric question. According to our analysis if a person is playing without acc sharing (following EULA), they don't need more than 5 PCs.

you just request the code and start the client without adding 6th and 7th PC to trusted.

19. -V77-

-V77- User

Honestly. That should be only for ppl that want to use that.
    You paid programers to do sucha thing, without getting aby scout from players if they need that.
    Now nobody use this or i think less then 20% of population. And you thinking what to do to not waste that money you already spend so you force us to use that. .. just gratz :)

20. Nehel

Nehel User

Sorry to point it out, but this is a fail on your par. Having multiple logins for 1 account/password is in itself a bad thing security wise.

About the EULA & Sharing accounts:
    This thread is still in your "News & announcement" section: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/20025/
    A good summary of what is said by Pazak would be: "Share your accounts if you want to, but deal with it if you get ****" (self censorship ftw).​

About your analysis to determine the number of trusted PC:
    It really sounds like your analysis was made on Russian servers and applied to us without any further thinking.​
    Also what were the conditions you kept for the said analysis: Keeping all the data ? Excluding the "non representative" population (i.e the 0.1% of the players' database using 5+ computers)?​

Let's finish with the code generation process:
    I'll be honest here, I've been using your so called "security system" on day 1. I was considered as a security freak by my CP mates back then: changing pwd every 3 months, "****" pwd with ~20 random numbers & letters, etc.​
    All I remember from using your system is the struggle to obtain codes after 10pm and on week-ends.​
    To give a detailed example, I tried to log on a Friday night during Oly on another PC and received the code on the next Monday morning... You can guess what was my 1st action after noticing this issue.​
    I even made a thread about it back in March 2015: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/25471/ !​

To conclude, I'm not against you adding an extra layer of security. Even enforcing it dictatorship style.... But please, do it properly & listen to the community Feedbacks.